English - Creative - How many stories? (1 Viewer)

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i could use my trials one where i got 15/15. lol:hammer:

but then i'd have to fix it

adamcg

HSC
Gah, I hate English creatives, as soon as i sit down to try and write one my work rate goes down the tubes.... I can do like, 3-4 hours of math phys or chem in a row, but i can hardly do 20mins of english.

As a result i have like 7 half creatives and none of them are any good. ill probs make it up, seeing as adrenalin and pressure are the only two things that motivate me for humanities.

still, 11+ and i'd be happy XD

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
People the point of creative writing is not to see how well you can memorise a prepared piece, it's to see how well you can be creative with an unknown stimulus and write something NEW!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
2, though the second has been labelled crap by my english teacher, so i'ma stick with the first one (used it in half yearlies+trials) :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
People the point of creative writing is not to see how well you can memorise a prepared piece, it's to see how well you can be creative with an unknown stimulus and write something NEW!
Congrats, you made me laugh ^^

blue_butterfly

HSC
Yer, 800 words is good, but obviously it really all depends on how adaptable your story is. Try fitting it to past HSC questions to see how it fits.

You must be able to fit it to the question! That will get you the most marks. Plus if its really creative and has good language techniques.

I previously did a "fantasy" story which didnt go too well. As I have heard that they really like real life humanised, emotive scenarios that the marker can be "captured" by.

Allisonius

HSC
I don't think i've ever prepared for a creative story in an exam.
And I always seem to get 13/15 +

Generally when I write stories for exams I make sure I only have 1 or two focus characters, and I make the complication of the story simple in order for it to be resolved. I generally focus the story on the emotive development of the characters.
It is essential to make the simulus a very important part of your story, I think usually it helps if you make your stimulus within the story the link to belonging as well (e.g. Stimulus= A book, the person feels excluded from the outside world and so they resort to reading books where they feel a sense of belonging in the world within the book). And for that reason, I choose not to prepare stories.

Last edited:

mckensara

HSC
does a story need to have a "conclusion", or can you leave it somewhat open ended.

as long as it has a complication and a discussion of everything that results from it, do you need a "resolution"?

for exmaple, could you be like, this happened, this was life before and after, after is still lame i have no identity rah rah belonging?

or would you need to "find your identity" again?

Allisonius

HSC
does a story need to have a "conclusion", or can you leave it somewhat open ended.

as long as it has a complication and a discussion of everything that results from it, do you need a "resolution"?

for exmaple, could you be like, this happened, this was life before and after, after is still lame i have no identity rah rah belonging?

or would you need to "find your identity" again?
Yes it certainly does need to be resolved, and this does not mean it has to end happily. As long as the complication is resolved in some way.
With your example, of the person not belonging even after the events that is perfectly acceptable. In that sense the discussion would be the resolution.

But it is very essential for the story to be resolved.

boxhunter91

HSC
Perfect my story is really emotive and humanised :D Hopefully i pull a good mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)