English - How many related texts are you preparing? (1 Viewer)

Memi

HSC
N/A
For your AOS Belonging, how many related texts should you/is it ideal to have prepared? My teacher said four-five, but I'm not sure if that is excessive. Would it be disadvantageous to go in with a mere two texts for belonging/modules?

Thanks. Help is appreciated :)

lil_pembo

HSC
I am only going in with 2. Chances are you will only be asked for 1 anyways. I would go in with 3 max. so you can disregard one if it doesnt suit the question but it wants 2.
Your teacher is nuts thinking you can remember 4-5 for each module!! you have to remember so much other crap too.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Recently they've only been asking for one related text, so if you prepare two, then you've got one just in case. I don't think they'd jump from one to three related texts.

khfreakau

HSC
belonging: two with one paragraph on one more than the other. they're most likely to ask for one.
mod c: two. they ask for at least one anyway.

K

khorne

Like really, why prepare 5? English shits me cause its a 2U course which they expect 4Us of work to be done for. Also, the questions HAVE to be general, due to the number of texts and the fact that not all texts deal with belonging the same way, so it should be easy to fit RTs to it.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Im only preparing two. Your teacher obviously smokes dope, because that is rediculous. If you look at previous years, two is the maximum required. Having any more than two, will just impact on the depth to your writing.

God i hate English so much.

smartalec

HSC
Like really, why prepare 5? English shits me cause its a 2U course which they expect 4Us of work to be done for. Also, the questions HAVE to be general, due to the number of texts and the fact that not all texts deal with belonging the same way, so it should be easy to fit RTs to it.
+1. also. if they ask us to do 3 related texts, then BOS must be on crack. you would barely be able to mention your prescribed.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
agreed from above.

Im just going to know 2-3 very well.

I used 2 P.S and one supplementary text (i'll probably go with this also for the HSC) , but i employed my ideas very well and ensured i kept establishing similarities/links with each text which drove my success. Ended up with the top mark in both standard/advanced. (Im in standard btw)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)