Extra Curricular Activities (1 Viewer)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I think you need to change schools. :|

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
@OP - Try getting involved in a science club like YSA and volunteer to be a group leader for the school holiday activites at UNIs or something.

But yeah, those scholarships are really competitive so your chances are very slim. Should've started doing extra curriculars at ~year 10 like i did xD

frankly uni committees are more inclined towards people who are school captains when they are determining their scholarships

school captains are held in high regard for the leadership roles associated with it e.g. your representing your school and your local community

a prefect/src is fine btw (and winning the rotary award is very appealing)

extra curriculars include charity runs, fundraising, visiting nursing homes + disabled schools, garbo clean up, enviro clubs, team sports, debating, public speaking, art, drama, dancing etc...
I wasn't a school captain, prefect or SRC member.

Did a bunch of extra curricular and other leadership roles though hehe

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Can I just point out that donating blood doesn't actually count as EC unless you organised it or something?

Interviewer: What sort of EC have you done in your time at high school?
Person A: I donated blood.

If you're interested in Sports, join your local [insert sport] here. Seriously, even Chess counts as a sport. All you have to do is move a couple of porcelain figurines and get your ass handed to you, but it still counts as EC.

deterministic

HSC
If you're interested in Sports, join your local [insert sport] here. Seriously, even Chess counts as a sport. All you have to do is move a couple of porcelain figurines and get your ass handed to you, but it still counts as EC.
LMAO I wouldnt call it a sport, rather an EC.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It is formally known as a sport.

Wikipedia said:
A sport is an organized, competitive, entertaining, and skillful activity requiring commitment, strategy, and fair play, in which a winner can be defined by objective means.

umz93

HSC
I just remember I went to tennis coaching during year 10, I can write that right?

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
frankly uni committees are more inclined towards people who are school captains when they are determining their scholarships

school captains are held in high regard for the leadership roles associated with it e.g. your representing your school and your local community

a prefect/src is fine btw (and winning the rotary award is very appealing)

extra curriculars include charity runs, fundraising, visiting nursing homes + disabled schools, garbo clean up, enviro clubs, team sports, debating, public speaking, art, drama, dancing etc...
Is it true that you get extra ATAR points for being school captain?
Are there any other ways in getting free ATAR points?

Can we just rock up to nursing homes and help out? And charity runs?

ibbi00

HSC

Or alternatively, you can dig your heels in and study a tad bit harder?

HSC
Uni Grad

you could get free ATAR points like say if you were a state or national athlete, or even got a pass in 8th grade practical between year 11 and 12...
as for me, i got my certificate of performance, which is higher than 8th grade, so i could possibly get at least 3 points at UNSW.. :p

getting free ATAR points also depends from uni to uni, you should contact the uni or visit their site, or even look at a table of points given (in some cases like UNSW - elite athletes and performers)

btw it's my 600th post =D

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
To my knowledge, extraordinary talent in music/sport can imply a bonus of upto 5 ATAR points!

Rock up? Ofcourse, you would let manager or so, know of your intentions before you simply 'rock up'. A quick call with a date would generally suffice.

Just a quick question, whilst I have stocked up on EC's throughout my schooling, is it prudent to pace it down in Year 12?
I mean, do Uni's weigh Year 12 achievements any differently than the other years? I had initially planned on reducing participation significantly (as of the HSC), though reading this thread has seemingly highlighted the competitiveness of Scholarships! :\

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Shit. I didn't realise how set I am.

Last edited:

suling

HSC
Just get an awesome ATAR and ANU will offer you one :/

I don't even want it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)