F*ck you Coles Myer (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
biggles04 said:
Could you please rephrase in more detail, and preferably perfect English so that I can understand what it is that you're asking?
I don't think there's anything wrong with my English, particularly in the context of an online forum- did anybody else have trouble understanding my previous post? For the sake of convenience I'll just rephrase my previous post though; What job are you actually applying for when you are undertaking these group assessments? I did not think that passing these group interviews was required in order to obtain a part time job at Target.

turtleface

HSC
actually that was mostly good grammar before, I don't think I could have done as well asking the same question

i remember when i applied, I got the exact same reply back after teh interviews as some of my other successful friends i.e. "congratulations blah blah we're notify you when we are successful in matching you up with a particular store blah blah". my friends were matched but I wasn't contacted again...%^%#$%!#!%$$ lol

Dr_Doom

HSC
Rayanaldo said:
I just got an email saying that my application was unsuccessful.

WTF for?

I had my group interview 2 weeks ago. I went there relaxed, spoke clearly, participated well enough in the group discussions, handed in my resume and other awards i achieved, but they still didn't accept me.

Since i go to uni 4 days a week (finish @ 10am on Tuesday and have Wednesday off), i put my availability on Tuesday, Wednesday and the weekend. I put previous experience working in a family business around 5-6 years ago.

But thats still not good enough for those bastards. Should i email the recruitment officer (Igor) and tell him why i was unsuccessful or should i abuse him?

I'm still without a job. I'm so bloody pissed off.

A big F*CK YOU to Coles Myer and i hope you go bankrupt in the near future.
why would you want to even apply for coles myer. It sucks. They will go bankrupt someday.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
seremify007 said:
Maybe you guys appeared far too aggressive in your interviews? I mean, if you are posting this topic full of "**** U" and whatnot, how do you think you'd react if a customer was really pissing you off? You gonna punch them in the face and tell 'em to get f'd?
what the fuck? forums/discussions like these are a place to vent. i have yet to physically tell a customer 'fuck off and die you fat bitch' yet, but you can bet your arse i've thought it/said it when bitching about work a million and twelve times. it's called letting off steam. dumbass.

*Minka*

HSC
What Glycerine said.

I have never swore at a customer, but yes, I have wanted too and thought it in my head while giving a bit of a fuck you' look at them. Then I can come home and say whatever the hell I want.

HSC
N/A
Hhehe, ColesMyer sms'd and emailed me today about a job vacancy. I thought to myself;
"Fuck you ColesMyer, you took almost three months to get back to me! And now I have a cool job as a marketing assistant in a high rise office building in the city!"

so yeah, good for me.

xoa

HSC
This thread is a year old, but I'll give my 2 cents re: Coles Supermarkets. I started working for them while at school, and I quit after three years. When I worked for them, it was clear that management didn't respect their subordinates. When they searched our lockers on suspicion of theft, and when nothing was found, they gave no apology. The manager would often throw out our property (cutlery, etc), and my supervisor pressured me to do unpaid overtime. I can't remember anybody ever being promoted from within our supermarket - supervisors and managers were brought in externally.

I was frustrated at having worked hard for years without advancing in the company. I was considering quiting. I asked for a reference from Coles, but they told me that 'it's against company policy';. I then politely asked why Coles asks for references, without giving them, and I was abused by my manager. That was the last straw.

Don't work for Coles. It's a dead-end job which will suck years from your life and leave you with nothing to show for it.

Last edited:

xoa

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
Hhehe, ColesMyer sms'd and emailed me today about a job vacancy. I thought to myself;
"Fuck you ColesMyer, you took almost three months to get back to me! And now I have a cool job as a marketing assistant in a high rise office building in the city!"

so yeah, good for me.
Good on you.

Coles' employees should stand up for themselves and quit if necessary. This is a good labour market, and most Coles employees are intelligent enough to have other options.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I have also tried to ask for reference from Woolworth (worked there for 2 years) and they also said it's against company policies.

wtf?

xoa

HSC
mitsui said:
I have also tried to ask for reference from Woolworth (worked there for 2 years) and they also said it's against company policies.

wtf?
Exactly.

Many people working at Coles/Woolworths are young people who are just starting their working lives, and need references.

I know that Woolworths asked you to show them work references. Ask them why they don't give you the same courtesy?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i had a group interview for coles the other day, i think it went pretty well. it'll probably hinge on my availability as to whether or not i get the job...i'm only available thursday nights and weekends but then again they did say that they were mostly looking to hire casuals for the extended trading hours. fingers crossed.

i know people put a lot of crap on coles (heck, i'm not that keen on working there myself) but they can't be THAT bad, can they? i'm kinda in a pinch with money atm though...next step if i dont get this job'll probably be prostitution LOL...so i guess working ANYWHERE is better than that, haha.

Scanorama

HSC
mitsui said:

wtf?
I work at Woolies as a nightfiller and when I asked my grocery 2IC for a reference, she gave that 'against company policy' crap. Then I went to the actual manager and he just told me to type it up then he would sign it.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
CML aint that bad...well i work at Kmart..been there since 2005 and i do get along with almost everyone including managers bar from one....i get resonable shifts of like 10-15 hrs a week..enough to satisfy my needs....i culd work more (and i did anyway like 44 hrs durin xmas) but im in uni so yeh no can do but still im assured of a shift knowing that they cant afford to not make me work...lots of ppl have left therefore im one of d few dey can rely to rock up and work

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Yeah...I totally agree.

I applied online in 2005 and they emailed me for a group interview. No offence, but the black man there was so evil...and there was a lady who said to me - she was also an interviewee - Darling, do you need help with the form? Do you understand? You should work at McDonald's but it's unfortunate that you're too old.

Fake, evil concern.

I mean, alright, she wants a job, she's in her 50s and there were a lot of supervisor positions, but she didn't have to be a bitch to others. She may think I'm naive but I see right through her.

Besides that, I hate the entire system - you can't apply again for 6 months after you get rejected. I need to get over that experience - it got me fuming for sooo long.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i had a group interview for coles the other day, i think it went pretty well. it'll probably hinge on my availability as to whether or not i get the job...i'm only available thursday nights and weekends but then again they did say that they were mostly looking to hire casuals for the extended trading hours. fingers crossed.

i know people put a lot of crap on coles (heck, i'm not that keen on working there myself) but they can't be THAT bad, can they? i'm kinda in a pinch with money atm though...next step if i dont get this job'll probably be prostitution LOL...so i guess working ANYWHERE is better than that, haha.
BAH, they knocked me back. WHY????? i participated well in the group interview i was sent to, i presented myself nicely, handed in my resume to them, and put myself down as available for every hour i could manage and basically did everything they wanted....and they tell me i was unsuccessful. Arghomfgakalaljladljbaadfnklalalhaioahl *rant* ... i can only conclude that they didnt like my availability. But they said they wanted casuals for extended trading hours, and thats exactly what i am available for!!! fuck!!!!

sorry. but i really need a job and i REALLY thought this was going to be it. so in the original spirit of this thread, FUCK YOU coles myer. :(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
BAH, they knocked me back. WHY????? i participated well in the group interview i was sent to, i presented myself nicely, handed in my resume to them, and put myself down as available for every hour i could manage and basically did everything they wanted....and they tell me i was unsuccessful. Arghomfgakalaljladljbaadfnklalalhaioahl *rant* ... i can only conclude that they didnt like my availability. But they said they wanted casuals for extended trading hours, and thats exactly what i am available for!!! fuck!!!!

sorry. but i really need a job and i REALLY thought this was going to be it. so in the original spirit of this thread, FUCK YOU coles myer. :(
coles myer didnt hire me in the first place so FUCK YOU coles myer.

not to mention the big pot belly profit bigotry.

CieL

HSC
mitsui said:

wtf?
LOL I'm doing business law this sem, and I vaguely remember my tutor saying how ages ago, someone put a company as their reference.... and the person who was referenced got called up, and he said negative things about the guy looking for a new job...

Then the guy who wanted a new job sued his ex-company for defamation, and won!

So yeah, it's a hassel and I guess they want to be safe than sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)