• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fail Customers (1 Viewer)

xsavagex

HSC
I work at a telstra store and it's pretty obvious the store is telstra so we don't ask customers whether they're with telstra when they come in wanting prepaid credit.

Customer: Hi could i buy $20 credit for my mobile and can you put it on there for me (she was elderly)
Me: no problem --> i put it through, she pays with a credit card, i take the voucher and her phone to put the credit on and see that the service says Vodafone.

Me: err you're phone is with vodafone
Customer: yes?
Me: you're in a telstra shop
Customer: so you don't sell vodafone credit?
Me: um... no...
Customer: oh.. well what do i do then?
Me: well we can refund it and you can buy credit at coles down the hall or the newsagents. Sorry about that i thought you were with telstra
Customer: WELL you won't make that mistake again will you!!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Post your fail customer stories here. (Different to rant thread)

So, I work at a newsagents right.
Customer: Hey, do you sell newspapers?
Me: /facepalm

Customer: Hey, do you sell cards? I couldn't find them...
Me: They're kinda over there... on the wall... in front of you, you fuckwit

Customer: Where's the train station? (If you stand outside the shop and look to your right, it's right there. The train runs above the walkway, unless you're blind you can't NOT see it)
Me: Um, right in front of your eyes, just up on your right...

EDIT: if its in italics, I didn't actually say it
lol, if I'm thinking that's the right newsagent you work at, which is the one right next to 7/11? I went in on Wed night to find a card, but you guys didn't have the one I wanted :( How does a customer not notice the card section? It's the biggest part of the shop!

And how does one not notice the train station? facepalm indeed.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, if I'm thinking that's the right newsagent you work at, which is the one right next to 7/11? I went in on Wed night to find a card, but you guys didn't have the one I wanted :( How does a customer not notice the card section? It's the biggest part of the shop!

And how does one not notice the train station? facepalm indeed.
down the road from it, yeah

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Some customers seem to think that Woolies has this function where you can start putting the next customer's groceries through while you're waiting for the present customer to find their wallet or whatever.

Twice last week I accidentaly started putting the next customer's groceries through on the end of the other's bill because they had forgot to put the other through. By the time I had loaded ONE AND A HALF BAGS THROUGH, one of them goes "Oh they're mine", and the other one was like "yeah, they're not mine mate".

WELL YOU COULD HAVE FUCKING SAID SOMETHING INSTEAD OF STANDING THERE STARING AT ME.

greekgun

HSC
Some customers seem to think that Woolies has this function where you can start putting the next customer's groceries through while you're waiting for the present customer to find their wallet or whatever.

Twice last week I accidentaly started putting the next customer's groceries through on the end of the other's bill because they had forgot to put the other through. By the time I had loaded ONE AND A HALF BAGS THROUGH, one of them goes "Oh they're mine", and the other one was like "yeah, they're not mine mate".

WELL YOU COULD HAVE FUCKING SAID SOMETHING INSTEAD OF STANDING THERE STARING AT ME.
Yeah that shits the worst, it rly pisses me off when this happens and they dont even have a separator.

-Anfernee-

HSC
This thread is pretty much the watered down and unfunny version of CLERKS 1 and 2.

Last edited:

trickx

HSC
I work at a computer store.

A few months ago a customer complained about a mouse that only worked to the sides and not up and down ... found out later that she didn't move the mouse forward/backwards but instead lifted the fucking thing up and down in the air ... a part of me died that day.

Also, my workmate told me about this customer he had the other day. He was on the phone with them for some technical support and told them to right-click on something. So the customer got a pen and paper, and actually wrote "click" on it ...

Yeh ... everytime I work, I seem to lose faith in humanity ... maybe I should quit ..

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
girls came in, obviously stole a shitload of product, but left their resume. not a fake one, their legitimate resume.
cheers for the contact details.

-Anfernee-

HSC
hey guys, you know it's very unprofessional to bad mouth your clients like this on a pubic forum....

HSC

Fuck I hate that. They don't put a separator because they are too retarded and then when you pick up one thing of theirs they're like "THAT'S MINE" and then look at me like I'M the one that's retarded.
People are so lazy these days; they can't even pick up and place something on the belt OR unpack a basket they packed... Imo, it's ridiculous.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Me: Anyone want an unregistered megapick?
Customer: Err, yeah me *hands me registration card*

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Phone call during IT work experience.
Customer: How much does that monitor cost?
Me: We have several, dependent on your needs, they range from 200-400 for what we are stocking.
Customer: Oh my that sounds really cheap, has anything happened to them?
Me: No...they only arrived today...
Customer: they are too cheap, sounds as if they fell off the back of a truck.
Me:Well they havnt and if there is a problem warranty will cover it.
Customer: No it seems to sus, my one cost about $1000 five years ago.
Me: Size?
Customer: 26inch
Me: Well demand increased so the price was dropped, its like any electrical appliance. After a few years they come down in price.
Customer: I dont believe you.
Me: Well im sorry..Wait hold on a minute.....we just found a 26in monitor in the back, $900.
Customer: that sounds better, ill be down later.
*Hangs up*

Me: Guys get the monitors into the back, just made 900 from one sale.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Phone call during IT work experience.
Customer: How much does that monitor cost?
Me: We have several, dependent on your needs, they range from 200-400 for what we are stocking.
Customer: Oh my that sounds really cheap, has anything happened to them?
Me: No...they only arrived today...
Customer: they are too cheap, sounds as if they fell off the back of a truck.
Me:Well they havnt and if there is a problem warranty will cover it.
Customer: No it seems to sus, my one cost about $1000 five years ago.
Me: Size?
Customer: 26inch
Me: Well demand increased so the price was dropped, its like any electrical appliance. After a few years they come down in price.
Customer: I dont believe you.
Me: Well im sorry..Wait hold on a minute.....we just found a 26in monitor in the back, $900.
Customer: that sounds better, ill be down later.
*Hangs up*

Me: Guys get the monitors into the back, just made 900 from one sale.
Hahaha people like that are so funny!
Me and my friends do a food not bombs thing where we give out free food in the park, and the mere mention of something for free sends most people scurrying for the hills.

They look down and hurry their pace as if we just offered them a dance with the devil. I bet if we said "$2 for a curry!" they'd be all over us like a rash.

HSC
Me and my friends do a food not bombs thing where we give out free food in the park, and the mere mention of something for free sends most people scurrying for the hills.
i can empathise with this. i had to go around giving out free $5 vouchers at work one day. it took me ages to get rid of them, people just didn't believe there wasn't some kind of trick behind it.

ay0_x

HSC
Me: *radio* Welcome to HJ drivethru. May I please take your order?
Bogan: * I want a whopper, a chicken burger with heavy mayo no ranch no tomato add onions extra lettuce, a cheeseburger meal, and 2 extra cheeseburgers. Make sure they get that chicken burger right.
Me: No worries. Anything else?
Bogan: AND A ROOT! *hysterical laughter*

-they drive up to the window-

Me: *to other worker* Can you please make sure they get the chicken special right?
Bogan: What did you just say?
Me: I told her to get your burger right?
Bogan: You told her to spit in my burger!
Me: What? No.. I said special.. Special is a customized burger...
Bogan: Fucking moll if she fucking spits in my burger I'll break your fucking woggy neck.
Me: I'm scared, asshole.
*I give him burgers*
*He sits in the drive thru, for TEN MINUTES, checking to see if there's spit in his burgers. Like he'd be able to tell*.
Bogan: Bye bitch.
*drives off*
--------------------------------
Junkie: Don't you have any more serviettes? (She just took ALL the serviettes out of the dispenser and it was FULL)
Me: Uhm.. how many do you need?
Junkie: Oh, they're just nice to have in the car. Can I take the tray to my car? I'll bring it back after I'm done eating.
---------
Me: Sorry sir, we've run out of 5 inch buns, so I can't get you a double whopper. Can I get you two junior douple whoppers instead? I won't charge you extra or anything.
Cusomer: 2 junior double whoppers? I want a double whopper!
Me: I'm sorry but we've been really busy today..
Customer: But I dont WANT 2 junior double whoppers. If I wanted that, I'd ask you for it.
Me: I'm sorry, there's really nothing I can do. And you're basically getting more food for free...

Customer: Fucking hell. *drives off angrily without ordering anything*
--
I have like. 3000 stories. -_-

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Me: *radio* Welcome to HJ drivethru. May I please take your order?
Bogan: * I want a whopper, a chicken burger with heavy mayo no ranch no tomato add onions extra lettuce, a cheeseburger meal, and 2 extra cheeseburgers. Make sure they get that chicken burger right.
Me: No worries. Anything else?
Bogan: AND A ROOT! *hysterical laughter*

-they drive up to the window-

Me: *to other worker* Can you please make sure they get the chicken special right?
Bogan: What did you just say?
Me: I told her to get your burger right?
Bogan: You told her to spit in my burger!
Me: What? No.. I said special.. Special is a customized burger...
Bogan: Fucking moll if she fucking spits in my burger I'll break your fucking woggy neck.
Me: I'm scared, asshole.
*I give him burgers*
*He sits in the drive thru, for TEN MINUTES, checking to see if there's spit in his burgers. Like he'd be able to tell*.
Bogan: Bye bitch.
*drives off*
--------------------------------
Junkie: Don't you have any more serviettes? (She just took ALL the serviettes out of the dispenser and it was FULL)
Me: Uhm.. how many do you need?
Junkie: Oh, they're just nice to have in the car. Can I take the tray to my car? I'll bring it back after I'm done eating.
---------
Me: Sorry sir, we've run out of 5 inch buns, so I can't get you a double whopper. Can I get you two junior douple whoppers instead? I won't charge you extra or anything.
Cusomer: 2 junior double whoppers? I want a double whopper!
Me: I'm sorry but we've been really busy today..
Customer: But I dont WANT 2 junior double whoppers. If I wanted that, I'd ask you for it.
Me: I'm sorry, there's really nothing I can do. And you're basically getting more food for free...

Customer: Fucking hell. *drives off angrily without ordering anything*
--
I have like. 3000 stories. -_-
You poor, poor child. I worked at Hungry Jacks for 3 years and was a Team Leader. No idea how I survived that long, tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)