Favourite Author (1 Viewer)

foolish bowie

HSC
Who is your favourite author/poet and - if you can be bothered - what is your favourite passage/sentence/poem that they wrote?

Mine: Oscar Wilde

"Her hair was as a wet fleece of gold, and each separate hair as a thread of fine gold in a cup of glass. Her body was as white ivory, and her tail was of silver and pearl. Silver and pearl was her tail, and the green weeds of the sea coiled round it; and like sea-shells were her ears, and her lips were like sea-coral. The cold waves dashed over her cold breasts, and the salt glistened upon her eyelids"

It's not my favourite, but it's nice.

Oobadoo

HSC
DOUGLAS ADAMS!!!

Lots of nice quotes, but probably: "...I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis..."

Love it! (Don't just view this thread, post!) :D

Lentern

HSC
Who is your favourite author/poet and - if you can be bothered - what is your favourite passage/sentence/poem that they wrote?

Mine: Oscar Wilde

"Her hair was as a wet fleece of gold, and each separate hair as a thread of fine gold in a cup of glass. Her body was as white ivory, and her tail was of silver and pearl. Silver and pearl was her tail, and the green weeds of the sea coiled round it; and like sea-shells were her ears, and her lips were like sea-coral. The cold waves dashed over her cold breasts, and the salt glistened upon her eyelids"

It's not my favourite, but it's nice.
+1, I bought Dorian Gray the other day and finished it in four days, it was just beautifully written.

Archetetris

HSC
I like Chuck Palahnuik.

His prose is great, though he gets a bit gratuitous sometimes.

"No matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close."

foolish bowie

HSC
I like Chuck Palahnuik.

His prose is great, though he gets a bit gratuitous sometimes.

"No matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close."

Did he write Lullaby?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Playwrights:
Harold Pinter
Samuel Beckett
Sarah Kane
Bertolt Brecht

Authors:
George Orwell
John Wyndham

lil_pembo

HSC
Jodi Picoult :)
an excellent combination of modern real life issues, crime, mystery and controversy!

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
Playwrights:
Harold Pinter
Samuel Beckett
Sarah Kane
Bertolt Brecht

Authors:
George Orwell
John Wyndham
Yes, love Pinter and Beckett.

My favourite author (if I had to choose one) would be Lionel Shriver. That woman is amazing. I'm almost finished with So Much For That and so far it's been enthralling.

JTwin

HSC
my favourite author would have to be JK Rowling, simply because i love the harry potter books. and i love the quote 'size is no guarantee of power'.

Emespre

HSC
I'd have to say Jerry B. Jenkins. My two favourite books, Riven and Though None Go With Me, are both by him, as well as one of my favourite series (Left Behind).

I looked through two of the books but didn't find what I was looking to quote...

alax dillon

HSC
Victoria Hanley
Kate Forsyth
JK Rowling (Harry Potter truly is awesome)
she is actually good at what she does

Stephanie Meyer.
^ yeah okay, if you have trouble disguinshing between your desires for either necrophilia vs beastiality

personally i quite like dan brown. i love how he manages to incorporate both fiction with history and how he use narration by several of his characters to tell different sides to one story

anyone heard of wilbur smith, as well? recently started getting into his stuff and i really like when the lion feeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)