• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy XII (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
The only thing that annoyed me about FFX is that i upped my characters so much that i only had to do two hits and the final boss was dead. Very disappointing considering i was expecting some epic battle.

On the other hand, the whole reason my characters were so powerful was because the world was so interesting to explore, and that is a good thing :/ I guess it is the nature of Turn based games. Not like Zelda, where you still get a challenge out of a boss regardless of how powerful you have made link (i.e. collected all the heart containers).

Still. FF12 should be hellacool. so i dont know what im blabbering on about.
By "final boss", do you mean Yu Yevon or Braska's Final Aeon? The former isn't really a boss because all characters have auto-life on them at all times and Yu Yevon does virtually nothing. Braska's Final Aeon was a tough nut for me to crack; while Spira was interesting, I didn't go overboard with the levelling and couldn't find the items to to get Break HP Limit and Break MP Limit on my armour. The thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't get Auron's Tornado Overdrive because Dark Valefor was guarding the entrance to Besaid. If you want a challenge, try taking them on (and then Penance); they were specially included for the European release (delays in game release dates often happen because the difficulty is increased for PAL territories).

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
By "final boss", do you mean Yu Yevon or Braska's Final Aeon? The former isn't really a boss because all characters have auto-life on them at all times and Yu Yevon does virtually nothing. Braska's Final Aeon was a tough nut for me to crack; while Spira was interesting, I didn't go overboard with the levelling and couldn't find the items to to get Break HP Limit and Break MP Limit on my armour. The thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't get Auron's Tornado Overdrive because Dark Valefor was guarding the entrance to Besaid. If you want a challenge, try taking them on (and then Penance); they were specially included for the European release (delays in game release dates often happen because the difficulty is increased for PAL territories).
yeah, i had killed four of the dark aeons before killing the final boss (I forget what it was called because i completed it ages ago, but i think its Braska's Final Aeon - you see the ending after you kill it, so itmust be the final guy), so naturally the final guy was easy in comparision to those groovy dark aeons. I also killed that Ultimate Weapon guy in the hidden dungeon (dam my memory, i forget all the names).

The other aeons are out of my reach ( i didnt go THAT crazy with upping my characters! - i think you need to max out to have a chance :) ). That reminds me. What were Square thinking when they put dark beahumat in the way of an item needed to get Titan's ultimate weapon?!?! Luckily i collected it before he appears.

EDIT: oh, just remembered! I'm definitely talking about Braskas' Final Aeon being easy due to my upped characters. I dont consider the Yu Yevon guy a real enemy for the reasons you said (the auto-life thing).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
You'd think that such a bad-ass who was capable of bringing death and destruction to a world for over 1000 years would be a little mre intimidating thana guy who only casts high-end magics ... but then, Square have had a bit of a history of making final bosses who were fairly weak. At least Yu Yevon wasn't as random as Necron in Final Fantasy IX. I mean, I could see the point of the guy, but he came from nowhere like Ultimecia did. A few references to him throughout the game would have be nice.

So far, I haven't beaten any of the Dark Aeons in FFX. I loathe power-levelling and the only time I'll do anything resembling it is when I'm doing a sub-quest. Even then, I just fight the battles I encounter on the way to the objective. Still haven't gotten all the Celestial Weapons, though. I'll probably never get Wakka's (or any of his Overdrives) since I detest playing the whole underwater six-a-side soccer that is Blitzball.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
You'd think that such a bad-ass who was capable of bringing death and destruction to a world for over 1000 years would be a little mre intimidating thana guy who only casts high-end magics ... but then, Square have had a bit of a history of making final bosses who were fairly weak. At least Yu Yevon wasn't as random as Necron in Final Fantasy IX. I mean, I could see the point of the guy, but he came from nowhere like Ultimecia did. A few references to him throughout the game would have be nice.

So far, I haven't beaten any of the Dark Aeons in FFX. I loathe power-levelling and the only time I'll do anything resembling it is when I'm doing a sub-quest. Even then, I just fight the battles I encounter on the way to the objective. Still haven't gotten all the Celestial Weapons, though. I'll probably never get Wakka's (or any of his Overdrives) since I detest playing the whole underwater six-a-side soccer that is Blitzball.
The Dark Aeons...

I dont know how on earth people manage to beat them. One atttack. 9999 damage. Dead.

The longest i've ever managed with a Dark Aeon is 30 seconds. Tops. Once they use an attack which attacks all enemies, thats it. I'm dead.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Equip armour with Break HP Limit. Get off your character's path on the Spheregrid and follow Auron or Wakka's (preferrably both). Power level and fill up all the Strength and HP slots on their grid (make sure you have the Celestial Weapons, or at least Break Damage Limit equipped). You might stand a chance against Dark Valefor.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Equip armour with Break HP Limit. Get off your character's path on the Spheregrid and follow Auron or Wakka's (preferrably both). Power level and fill up all the Strength and HP slots on their grid (make sure you have the Celestial Weapons, or at least Break Damage Limit equipped). You might stand a chance against Dark Valefor.
Thanks!

Now i've just gotta find the game........If i was a PS2 game, where would i be...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Just remember, I haven't actually defeated any of the Dark Aeons, but you'll probably last about 60 seconds with that strategy. I'm told that if you max-out Wakka's Strength and hit Dark Valefor with a perfect Attack Reels, you'll get him.

But with luck, nothing like this will be in Final Fantasy XII. You know, so that casual gamers don't have to try to hard to find a real challenge.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I am ashamed to say that i managed to get all of the Celestial Weapons (including Wakkas, which took so bloody long!!!).

About the Dark Aeons. The Break HP Limit is close to useless because they often do close to 99k damage, and the most HP you can get is 30k.

What helped me is being able to use the celestial weapons as they can go over the 9k damage limit. My characters all went around the board once so even Yunas little git weapon does 99k damage (thus you can see how sad i was at levelling them up so much - and how easy the final boss was). But more importantly, my characters had the auto-phoenix technique (which IMO is just cheating.lol), so as long as they werent all wiped out at the same time, they manage to get through any battle...

...That is, until i get to the later aeons (Bahamut and those 3 groovy sisters) where they utterly beat the shit out of all players pretty much straight away...

i wasnt sad enough to get those special spheres that let you overwrite the grid (which is the only way to max out every stat) however.

EDIT: Wakkas overdrive is easily the best as it can do about 9 x 99k if your lucky (although he has been around teh entire board, Wakka does about 50-60k per hit for me, so i guess you need to get those clear sphere thingys to see the true 99k power).

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Just remember, I haven't actually defeated any of the Dark Aeons, but you'll probably last about 60 seconds with that strategy. I'm told that if you max-out Wakka's Strength and hit Dark Valefor with a perfect Attack Reels, you'll get him.

But with luck, nothing like this will be in Final Fantasy XII. You know, so that casual gamers don't have to try to hard to find a real challenge.
oh no.

Man i REALLY have to develop wakka, since i've barely used him at all. I prefer to use Auron (or whatever), Lulu and Tidus. He only does 800 damage, and, from memory, has around 2k hitpoints.

damn :mad1:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Heh, if you thought the Dark Aeons were hard, the most difficult boss of XII is said to have a maximum HP of 50 million. Also looks pretty cool, too; YouTube 'Yiazmat'. I've got no idea what is going on with the characters because I can't keep up with the action ...

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
dark aeons are all easy if you use yojimbo...zanmato = one hit kill

other than that, you need a fair bit of health and high defense stats. finished off all dark aeons except magus sisters and umm the big one...cant think of the name...oh yeah anima. stuff with 8 million health sucks :|.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Hey have you guys seen a video of a bunch of Japanese guys beating Emerald Weapon (the one underwater - i think that name's wrong) in under 2 minutes? Just figured i'll bring it up.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
Hey have you guys seen a video of a bunch of Japanese guys beating Emerald Weapon (the one underwater - i think that name's wrong) in under 2 minutes? Just figured i'll bring it up.

Emerald Weapon? Is this in FFX? Do u have the link?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Emerald Weapon? Is this in FFX? Do u have the link?
It's probably in VII; the only Weapons in FFX are Ultima and Omega.

Who else hates Malboros?

Chris.

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
It's probably in VII; the only Weapons in FFX are Ultima and Omega.

Who else hates Malboros?
Malboros in FFVIII?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
They're the ones that always ambush you and always use Bad Breath, that bastard attack that inflicts every damn status on you unless you've got status-proof armour or abilities. It's worse in FFX because they inflict poison, confuse, berserk, curse and blindness and you can't have a five-slot armour. They were best in FFIX because Bad Breath did virtually nothing and it was easy to protect yourself against the statuses.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
thats what ribbon is for :). too bad it takes so long to get it tho.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I don't even know how to get it, but I don't care 'cause I just kicked Omega's arse with a single blow: Zanmato. But he inflicted Kimhari with Confuse, so I couldn't get Nova and I refuse to take on even the Chimaerageist at the Monster Arena, so I reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)