• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy XII (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
They're the ones that always ambush you and always use Bad Breath, that bastard attack that inflicts every damn status on you unless you've got status-proof armour or abilities. It's worse in FFX because they inflict poison, confuse, berserk, curse and blindness and you can't have a five-slot armour. They were best in FFIX because Bad Breath did virtually nothing and it was easy to protect yourself against the statuses.
Oh yeah, malboros, you don't know how annyoing he is. He's the worst when you're level 100 in ff8. Bad breath reduces your team to nothing and then he just kills you off one by one.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I've got FFVII and it's actually fairly easy to get around it. Junction 100 Pain, 100 Confuse, 100 Esuna and 100 Berserk to ST-Def-J (if you only have two slots, then only to the first two; same goes for three slots). Bad Breath shouldn't be a problem because Pain protects against Poison, Blind and Silence at the same time (also dead useful to have on ST-Atk-J, but better on Defence), while Esuna offers some protection against everything (not 100% though, even with 100 stocked so I recommend 100 Confuse - the worst status effect ever, even moreso in FFVIII because characters like to use X-Potions and Elixirs on the enemy - instead of Esuna).

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
or just junction ultima on to one of the stat slots, tho its better off using it for the elemental stuff. thne you can end up absorbing like 5 elements and have the rest do barely anything.
confuse sucks ass when they use the item that makes you invincible on an enemey (i think it was hero? havent played the game in a few years).
oh and for ribbon in ffx, you need 99 dark matters or the easier way is to get them from beating the dark aeons, youll usually get an armour with ribbon and break hp for beating them.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
2 more days people (unless some snots somehow got it earlier).

I actually ended up pre-ordering it at parra for 89$ (with some bonus music CD). I have nfi why i did that because uni is back soon and i've still got Zelda and Oblivion (the latter I havent even touched yet), but i could'nt help it. It looks so dam good.

Count down.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I hear a sequel to XII is headed for the DS. Revenant Wings, I think it's called.

Cheers for milkin' it, Square Enix:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
I hear a sequel to XII is headed for the DS. Revenant Wings, I think it's called.

Cheers for milkin' it, Square Enix:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hmm. Not too sure if the trend of making a sequel to final fantasy games really works. X-2 did seem kind of gimicky. The brilliance of each of the FF games is that it, besides a few things like the groovy chocobos, start fresh every game (i.e. new storyline, characters).

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Anyone get it?

I'm still a little unsure about the new real-time battle methods in some parts, but the storylin already looks groovy (I only played it for a few hours yesterday), and it looks a lot less linear than ffX. I'm walking around a cool Aladdin-meets-star-wars city. Awesomeness.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I wanna get it, but parents wont let me buy any game till the HSC's over. That means that i'm going to wait to play all the final fantasy games (ff10 and onwards) in 2 years time.

Or i could just go pirated....

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Ok, since i last posted, i realised that you only need to command your character to attack once, and he'll keep attacking in real time. Now it starts to make sense. doh :/

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Just getting into it and i am starting to really like it.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I'm starting to get the hang of the new combat style. It's great how they also still have the cinematics in the battles (I was attacking this Ixon-like creature and he does this mega attack that brings about a short cut-scene). Hot.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I'm now heading west trying to cross that massive dessert. But I did get my chain count up to 123. Now thats a chain

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Yeah it is getting pretty boring but now I'm very VERY rich and I'm using it to level up all my characters (except Balthieer. He's crap in combat but the best character)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I rented it today to give me something to do until uni goes back. Probably not the wisest idea as I have two essays due within the first fortnight ... but meh. I only managed to get up to Nalbina Dungeons, but I have no real idea as to what I'm doing as I'm still learning. I'll probably go back to the beginning or something and take it all in from there. I only really rented it to see if it's worth buying, so I don't want to get too far into it ...

Member232135

HSC
N/A
Bought it a few weeks ago, play it every now and then. Im a bit disappointed with it though.. buying magic frustrates me, because i always forget to, and if i dont then i dont have any money!!! grr! i miss good old ff7 <3

Btw does anyone have a working copy of final fantasy 8 or 9(or both) that i could buy?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I don't mind the magicks, mostly because I was getting sick of the pyrotechnic displays in previous titles. Sure, it was cool to see Lulu roast somebody with Firaga, but sometimes they were a little drawn out. The only trouble in FFXII comes in getting gambits that will let me target enemies with elemental weaknesses. After getting lost (repeatedly) in the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea, I decided I should make my characters' abilities and weapons a litle more specific, but I can't figure out who should have which "job" as it were (annoys me that you need some white magicks to be able to cast black), but Vaan is definately going to be my white mage as I can't stand him. Sure, Tidus whinged a lot in FFX, but at least he was useful in battle ...

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Vaan is awesome in Battle. I like all the Characters Bar Freya. God she is getting useless, but the rest all have the ups n downs

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
... Isn't Freya in FFIX? She was useful because of her Dragon abilities ... do you mean Fran?

I find Vaan to be useless because A) I have no idea how I should be structuring my licences and B) as a result of this, he doesn't have any ranged abilities, which I need to take on Garuda.

Balthier is easily the best character in an FF game ever.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
MikiRei said:
it's EXTREMELY HARD to earn money in this game. Enemies rarely drop gold (they do drop a large amount of usless items though which I guess u CAN seel those for a bit of gold) and the best way to find any large amount of gold is probably circling around the map, hoping to find some treasures lying around (which respawns). The only best way to gain money (and license points) in this game is through this side-quest where you get hired by ppl to kill some special monsters - 'cept they're scattered all over the world so it takes a big chunk outta your play time.
I found it extremely hard to make money at the beginning but as you go on playing, the monsters drop more precious loot and you can heaps making a fortune, so i guess making money is difficult at the start.

I thought the side quest for hunts were pretty stupid, i'm halfway in the game and only did one hunt lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)