• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy XII (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
i-love-maynard said:
I keep dying in the mines. Dozens of fiends attack me from behind whilst I run to the exit and they KO my party...its fuckin bullshit.
What level are you at?

The only real problem with the game is that you need to do a bit of power-levelling before you go into new areas. If you're talking about the Henne Mines, you should probably be at level 25-ish otherwise you'll be fleeing everything you encounter and the boss at the end will make mincemeat of you.

And it's worse when you unlock the Special Charter Dig ...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Oh, Lhusu? That's easy. The best place to power-level is Skeleton Alley, the second bridge (just after the forked tunnel where you can only go right). Take off all your curative gambits as Lamont has an unlimited supply of hi-potions. Skeletons will constantly spawn on this bridge and if you run down the ramp alongside the bridge and return to the beginning, it will happen again. I got a chain of over 200 doing this, which really brings your level - and your LP - up.

However, don't fight once you trigger the story event with Ba'Gamnan. He's buffed with all the bes statuses so unless you're at some insanely high level or really know how to unleash a Quickening chain, hold R2 and flee all the way back to the mine entires. The best way to do it is to remove all characters but one from the party. If you get KO'd, simply switch the active party member and keep running. You don't have to defeat Ba'Gamnan in order to progress. But make sure you're at a respetable level - about level 15-17 - before you return to Bhujerba because the next location in the game is the Dreadnaught Leviathan and you won't be able to leave the area early.

Be warned though, because there are several locations later in the game that canprove very frustrating if you don't have the right gambits or licences or haven't levelled enough.

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Oh, Lhusu? That's easy. The best place to power-level is Skeleton Alley, the second bridge (just after the forked tunnel where you can only go right). Take off all your curative gambits as Lamont has an unlimited supply of hi-potions. Skeletons will constantly spawn on this bridge and if you run down the ramp alongside the bridge and return to the beginning, it will happen again. I got a chain of over 200 doing this, which really brings your level - and your LP - up.

However, don't fight once you trigger the story event with Ba'Gamnan. He's buffed with all the bes statuses so unless you're at some insanely high level or really know how to unleash a Quickening chain, hold R2 and flee all the way back to the mine entires. The best way to do it is to remove all characters but one from the party. If you get KO'd, simply switch the active party member and keep running. You don't have to defeat Ba'Gamnan in order to progress. But make sure you're at a respetable level - about level 15-17 - before you return to Bhujerba because the next location in the game is the Dreadnaught Leviathan and you won't be able to leave the area early.

Be warned though, because there are several locations later in the game that canprove very frustrating if you don't have the right gambits or licences or haven't levelled enough.
Woah, thanks so much! This is all really helpful :) ur a champ

kloudsurfer

HSC
I finally got around to getting this (I know, a bit late!).

Cant say I like it to be honest. I loved FFVII and FFX, but i cant seem to get into this one (havent even played 10 hours though lol!). I really dont like the gambit system, it makes the game play itself, and the story, the characters and the whole world in general dont really interest me so far. I liked X and VII far more in terms of the story.

I spose I should probably give it more than 7 hours lol. Its still pretty good, just not as good as the others ffs that ive played.

Maybe ill just stick to attempting to finish ffX. Ive had it for ages but Im not much of a gamer so I dont play much, and then I accidentally deleted my first game when i was just at Zanarkand and the 2nd time around I got bored in the Calm Lands and havent played it since...

HSC
I have to agree with you, I don't like the Gambit system or the licenses. ff12 is just so different to the previous games..... I really liked the styles of ff7 and ff8, but I suppose other gamers want new ideas. I'm stuck in Dreadnought Leviathan now. I obviously need to level up more to beat the 2 Judges to get to Central Block but I'm not even motivated to play the game anymore. Lol I will probably play ffx again, muted so I never have to listen to Tidus' voice.

Oh and ObjectsInSpace, thanks for the help. I got out of Lhusu straightaway with your tips! :)

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I found the Gambits annoyed me until I got the decent ones on the second visit to Balfonheim ... which is the second-last location in the game.

As for Leviathan, try and have as many characters as possible with a Quickening. If you can build up a chain in the fight (it might take a while to work out the mechanics of it), it will make taking out the Judges - and, in fact, many of the next few bosses - much easier.

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I found the Gambits annoyed me until I got the decent ones on the second visit to Balfonheim ... which is the second-last location in the game.

As for Leviathan, try and have as many characters as possible with a Quickening. If you can build up a chain in the fight (it might take a while to work out the mechanics of it), it will make taking out the Judges - and, in fact, many of the next few bosses - much easier.
:) thankyou....again lol. Pretty sure you're my strategy guide

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
i-love-maynard said:
:) thankyou....again lol. Pretty sure you're my strategy guide
It's nice to be needed ... and the next few areas are going to be frustrating if you didn't like Lhusu.

Two things: if you see a big shimmering ball of something (there's one in the Westersand during sandstorms and one in the northern reaches of the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea during clear weather), don't engage it. These are entites; they have 48,000 HP each and use level-three magicks in conjuction with Sleepga. The good thing is they're passive; they won't attack unless you hit them first or cast black magick nearby, but the bad thing is that guest characters will attack anyway and entites will annihilate you in an instant.

The second thing is that an upcoming boss - I won't tell you which one or where it is so I don't spoil it - is all but impossible unless you find the Moogle in the Nam-Yensa Sandsea. You'll have to do a bit of a subquest, but it makes the next boss much more manageable. Of course, you could just hit it with a Quickening (if you're fast enough), but I find that to be a cheap way of winning.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Nyagh! Does anyone know how to make the Behemoth King mark appear in the Feywood? I keep clearing the Icefield of Clearsight and the Edge of Reason of all enemies, but he never appears. I must be missing th re-spawns of something ...

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Only bought it after the HSC and gave up in december. I get easily pissed off in this game... I hated that boss in the golmore jungle!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
shanti96 said:
Only bought it after the HSC and gave up in december. I get easily pissed off in this game... I hated that boss in the golmore jungle!
You can skip it. Flee as far south as possible until you reach the Feywood. Don't stop to fight as the monsters here can take of 500+ HP in a single hit and Deadly Nightshades have the annoying habit of combo-ing. Instead, flee east. There's a second entry to the Paramina Rift that will bring you out in the southern reaches, but the monsters herearen't too challenging. Plus, Paramina is one of the best-looking locations in the game.

If you insist on fighting Elder Wyrm, make sure you set up the gambits Ally: Any = Esuna (or Remedy) and Ally: status Oil = Handkerchief. You're going to need them when he unleashes Sporefall (you'll be lucky if he only uses it twice before you defeat him) as he likes to follow up with fire-based magicks. If you have Aero magic, use it on the two Treants that support Elder Wyrm as they're weak to wind magicks. Try an getthem out of the way quickly before focusing on Elder Wyrm but don't waste time on them. It's tempting to use a Quickening - that was the easiest way to cut Tiamat down to size - but not advised unless you've got plenty of Ethers. Even then, you'll be wasting time refilling your MP; save it for curing bad statuses and healing. Protect and haste work well if you have them, as do the accessory Rose Corsage as it grants status immunities (useful on a healer/ranged support character). Take advantage of Larsa while you have him as he leaves the party at Bur-Omisace.

After Elder Wyrm, you'll get a bit of a break; the next two bosses shouldn't be too difficult if you're levelled up enough. For now, make sure you concentrate on the augments section of the licence board (just under magicks) as there's some really great - but expensive - HP and physical attack bonuses. If you're still having trouble with Elder Wyrm, you might want to focus on getting a few of these, especially the HP section (you can get about 1000 extra hit points from the board).

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
You can skip it. Flee as far south as possible until you reach the Feywood. Don't stop to fight as the monsters here can take of 500+ HP in a single hit and Deadly Nightshades have the annoying habit of combo-ing. Instead, flee east. There's a second entry to the Paramina Rift that will bring you out in the southern reaches, but the monsters herearen't too challenging. Plus, Paramina is one of the best-looking locations in the game.

If you insist on fighting Elder Wyrm, make sure you set up the gambits Ally: Any = Esuna (or Remedy) and Ally: status Oil = Handkerchief. You're going to need them when he unleashes Sporefall (you'll be lucky if he only uses it twice before you defeat him) as he likes to follow up with fire-based magicks. If you have Aero magic, use it on the two Treants that support Elder Wyrm as they're weak to wind magicks. Try an getthem out of the way quickly before focusing on Elder Wyrm but don't waste time on them. It's tempting to use a Quickening - that was the easiest way to cut Tiamat down to size - but not advised unless you've got plenty of Ethers. Even then, you'll be wasting time refilling your MP; save it for curing bad statuses and healing. Protect and haste work well if you have them, as do the accessory Rose Corsage as it grants status immunities (useful on a healer/ranged support character). Take advantage of Larsa while you have him as he leaves the party at Bur-Omisace.

After Elder Wyrm, you'll get a bit of a break; the next two bosses shouldn't be too difficult if you're levelled up enough. For now, make sure you concentrate on the augments section of the licence board (just under magicks) as there's some really great - but expensive - HP and physical attack bonuses. If you're still having trouble with Elder Wyrm, you might want to focus on getting a few of these, especially the HP section (you can get about 1000 extra hit points from the board).
Aw mate thanks heaps! I thought I might get an esper if I defeated him or something... what level would you expect everyone to be at at this point in time? I really want to beat it though and I think I've gotten everyone on level 26.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I made it through the Stilshrine of Miriam with everyone on level 20.

You won't get an Esper for defeating Elder Wyrm, but you will get one in the Stilshrine. You can get a second one, later, but Zeromus is the most useless Esper in the game because he's (I'm assuming Zeromus is male) gravity-based.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Sounds like a long game, i'll buy it some time soon.

hopefully it doesn't take 95 hrs to complete the game 100%, which is what happened to ffx.

hero.

HSC
N/A
If i remember, I think I took less than fifty hours just completing the main story.

You just need to get some ultimate weapons like the Zodiac Spear and several copies of the Fomalhaut (which always does 3k damage to whatever it hits).

HSC
Balthier is so cool. But Fran shits me so bad, gargh!!!!! Her voice is so weird, she's just this weird cat lady. Lol so I don't use her much....she's easily my weakest character.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Heh, I'm playing this on the DS at the moment. It's pretty awesome, I'm having loads of fun.

Apart from chocobo tales, this is the first FF game I've been able to sit through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)