• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy XII (2 Viewers)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
i-love-maynard said:
Balthier is so cool. But Fran shits me so bad, gargh!!!!! Her voice is so weird, she's just this weird cat lady. Lol so I don't use her much....she's easily my weakest character.
Yeah, Balthier is ade ofawesome, he's the leader of my Team A (along with Ashe and either Vaan or Basch). Penelo is probably my weakest, she's alays the last of the six to reach a new level.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Fran>Penelo for me!

Balthier and Vaan are my strongest, then Basch and Lady Ashe.

kloudsurfer

HSC
tommykins said:
Sounds like a long game, i'll buy it some time soon.

hopefully it doesn't take 95 hrs to complete the game 100%, which is what happened to ffx.
Are you serious? Im not even 30 hours in!

Aww man, im never gonna finish X, let alone XII (which i still havent played since i last posted lol)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I'm currenty 84 hours into FFXII and I'm only at level 57. I've spent the last few hours in it cocking about, though. I hate finishing the games because finishing them means they're over and while you can save just before finishing and run around for ages, it's never quite the same unles you start again. And because of the nature of the plot, FFXII takes a while to get into; longer than the other games.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Pet peeve- leveling and then getting killed!!! lol... I turn it off straight away!

Im 30 something hours in the game... sometimes I muck around for a long time, then Im leveling and save it which just wreaks my hrs.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Nah, levelling's good. There's a few places after the events at Raithwall and later after the events at Bur-Omisace that are really taxing if you haven't leveled enough. While clearing each area of each location might seem like a lot sometimes, it's not enough to see you through. I found both Ozmone Plain and the Phon Coast to be rough going even though I thought I'd levelled up enough.

What really irritates me is the fact that I need to go up another fourteen levels before I'll be ready to face Zodiark and stand a chance (I was doing well the first time I met him ... until he used Growing Threat; I didn't even make it to him the second time, but I had tried to flee all the way to his arena). That and trying to survive the Subterra to get to Ixion and Shadowseer, slaying the King Behemoth and Hell Wyrm, not to mention unlocking Omega Mark XIII and Yiazmat. I'm just not strong enough on level 57 with Bubble Belts on all but at this stage it takes forever to level up.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Argh! I can't beat the Behemoth King! He's the last mark I need before I unlock Yiazmat - who I doubt I'll be fighting - but he's a pain in the preverbial. Three times stronger than Fafnir, with pierceing magicks and zero casting time make him the least fun ever. Not to mention the dfficulties in fining him in the first place.

J

jhakka

I beat the final boss yesterday. I clearly haven't leveled up enough or set up my gambits properly because all my guys are ~Lv. 59 and it still took me five tries to beat him.

The ending was pretty good, though. And the final boss wasn't pointless like FFIX or silly like FFX (should have stopped with Jecht. He was cool.).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Yeah, FFIX was a bit random but I guess it was to give Kuja enough time to get back down into the Iifa Tree.

And FFX's final boss wasn't really a final boss at all. It was impossible to lose and since I didn't really upgrade my Aeons, they were one-hit-kill pushovers.

Anyway, I just took King Behemoth to trial and kicked his arse. Now I just need to get Zodiark, take on Yiazmat and finish the game and I'm done. I don't see it happening in the next nine days (before I go back to uni), though ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)