First year at uni and hate it! (1 Viewer)

snow_fanatzi

HSC
i actually like uni! this is my second year and i am enjoying every units in my course. i know it can be hard because you have to change the way you work and become more independent. only those who can change and adapt to the different environment will survive. uni is not for everyone. you might think that by going to uni it will make you seem smart and you be able to find the job and money in a few years time. but if you are not enjoying it and understand the uni life then you are better off doing something else instead of wasting your time

other then that, do something different. they dont spoon feed you like they did in high school. you have to go and find the information yourself.

Lydia_88

HSC
Id actually prefer the university style compared to high school. Felt that spoon feeding in high school lessened my ability to think of my own opinions....:rudolf:

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Even though I have to travel around 4+ hours each day now I like uni so much more.

Not just because of the subjects and being able to do stuff I'm interested in, but because it's so much better to be away from all that high school drama and bitching. Not to mention self-righteous teachers telling you to wear hats / tuck shirts / polish shoes etc. (though this would obviously depend on your school.)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Not to mention self-righteous teachers telling you to wear hats / tuck shirts / polish shoes etc. (though this would obviously depend on your school.)
Definitely school dependant. At mine, as long as uniform was basically correct, there were no real standards as to how they were to be worn.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Even though I have to travel around 4+ hours each day now I like uni so much more.

Not just because of the subjects and being able to do stuff I'm interested in, but because it's so much better to be away from all that high school drama and bitching. Not to mention self-righteous teachers telling you to wear hats / tuck shirts / polish shoes etc. (though this would obviously depend on your school.)
OK, changed my mind, I can't do this assignment and I hate uni now.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
This thread makes me laugh.

Honestly guys, if you can't find your personal 'style' in relation to how you deal with university - the next 2/3 + years are going to be the biggest drag. Your grades will consequently suffer with that kind of attitude. Make uni work for you!

You won't last another semester with the way you people are thinking.

jonspeaks22

HSC
get a tutor or something... talk to your counselor.

and yea have some fun! go party it up or somethin. join a club and make some friends. if you're not active on campus, you're not going to enjoy it. make some friends in class and they can help you out.

HSC
N/A
i never wanted to go to uni in year 10.. come year 12 i was thinking it might not be a bad idea.

now that im in uni, i absolutley LOVE IT. im learning things that are interesting and focusing more on what i want to do. its not so structured and rigid as high school. id never thought id like it this much!

i always hear people complain about it and say it shit and boring and they hate it, but i guess its your surroundings that also affect your view on uni.

for me, i have made some great friends :D (mamoz im talkin about you!!!) and having great friends really does make a difference.

so yeah, if your hating uni, maybe it isnt the right life for you? consider all the options. but at least try to enjoy it first. you may be surprised one day. :)

mamoz

HSC
i never wanted to go to uni in year 10.. come year 12 i was thinking it might not be a bad idea.

now that im in uni, i absolutley LOVE IT. im learning things that are interesting and focusing more on what i want to do. its not so structured and rigid as high school. id never thought id like it this much!

i always hear people complain about it and say it shit and boring and they hate it, but i guess its your surroundings that also affect your view on uni.

for me, i have made some great friends :D (mamoz im talkin about you!!!) and having great friends really does make a difference.

so yeah, if your hating uni, maybe it isnt the right life for you? consider all the options. but at least try to enjoy it first. you may be surprised one day. :)
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! i feel very special now :D thaank you! ill always be there to supportt you and we have the awesumestt memories ;) ;) if u know what im talking about heheh

but yee ... im hatingg my uni atm, cant they orderr enough "my writing lab" codes assignment thingo for the whole fcking students dats doing the course. its due next friday and they ordered more and it wont be in till next tuesdai or wednesday - str8 faill!! fml. :(

chuvakboyarin

MQC Rules...
HSC
Guys, guys..the reason why you fall behind is because of the large 100-200 people lectures...just come to Macquarie university city campus..where the class sizes are like 30 people and you would feel better..

mamoz

HSC
handed in an assignment today 2000 words :|
assignment due monday 1500 words .. havent started
presentation/speech due tuesday .. havent started
creative writing essay 1000 words due next friday .. havent started
online task due next friday .. half done

*sighhhhh*

fml.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
100-200 people lectures
Many lectures have 400+ people in them for some courses. Of course, none of that matters if you don't attend them.

chuvakboyarin

MQC Rules...
HSC
1500,2000 words is peanuts..depends what course you do..my marketing projects reach 50-60 pages..but its group work, you know "one for all and all for one"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
handed in an assignment today 2000 words :|
assignment due monday 1500 words .. havent started
presentation/speech due tuesday .. havent started
creative writing essay 1000 words due next friday .. havent started
online task due next friday .. half done

*sighhhhh*

fml.
Unless you have had some sort of major issue going on in your life it's really your own fault for not being more organised.

mamoz

HSC
Unless you have had some sort of major issue going on in your life it's really your own fault for not being more organised.
nah no major issue.. its jst not being bothered :p
i do most of my assignments the day b4 there due so im used to it

chuvakboyarin

MQC Rules...
HSC
There is nothing wrong finishing your ass... on the last day as long as you know what you are writting about and not like "whaaatt?? what da hell does that mean???"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
There is nothing wrong finishing your ass... on the last day as long as you know what you are writting about and not like "whaaatt?? what da hell does that mean???"
I'm not saying there is, i just hate it when people whinge on and on about how swamped they are and how hard life is when really they put themselves there through pure lazyness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)