formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

blu biu

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Harts is unoriginal :|
I went to some outlet place for year 12 and got something no one else had thank god!

However there were these two dresses that about 6 people had in... in varying colours

:)
Haha for my formal, three people bought the same dress from harts (the side cropped one.. the front page of their catalogue)

They stayed away from each other for the whole night :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I'm going to my boyfriend's formal in a few months, and I feel out of date lol The last formal I went to was mine...a few years ago. I want to buy something new, and I probably wont get anything until the week before, coz I'll change my mind 100 times.

What do people wear to formals these days? I graduated in 2004 and everyone was still wearing long gowns, but I don't want to wear a long gown, coz it's not my formal.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
The weird thing about the year 10 formal vs the year 12 formal in my year was that in year 10, everyone dressed in long gowns and in year 12, everyone wore cocktail.

As long as you look smashing then I don't see any reason not to wear it.

As for me, I'd cocktail dress it (having heaps nowadays) if a formal was coming my way soon. Simply because of the dancing factor, and the attitude towards formals I feel.

blu biu

HSC
i loveeee cocktail dresses. it's something you can actually dance in

501n2u

HSC
I have a slight dilemma myself... I'm attending my friend's yr12 formal (Eastwood Marist, anyone else going?) and I'm not sure whether I should go for a more elegant look or cocktail? I asked my friend what he preferred me to wear, but he said he didn't mind *shrugs*. I'm also not sure whether I should go and get my hair and makeup done professionally ($150) because I don't want to spend so much money since I'm going to a few other socials/semis including my own later in the term.

I watched Floorplay@Starcity (must watch, it's really good esp for those who love dancing and jazz) Saturday night and the dresses they wore were kind of half elegant/cocktail... not sure if that's appropriate ^^"

I really like the orange dress with the gloves etc. Anyone know where I can find a dress like that?
http://www.burnthefloor.com/home/fp_pics.html

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
U don't have to get yourself done up professionally. Especially if it's not your formal. Leave that sort of stuff for your own formal hehe

Just choose a style that you can do. ie. curl or straighten your hair. Apply your own make-up, or ask your older sister/friend/auntie/mum to do it for you. Google search pictures, buy magazines. TRY things before the day!

As for a dress: it's totally up to you. I hear formals are becoming very cocktailish. Knee-length dresses, baby doll style, etc etc. You can dress up a plain dress with very funky accessories.

Because formals are SO diverse these days, it's ok for you to go formal OR cocktailish. My advice is to shop around. DOn't stick to your local shopping centre. Venture out! Pick a price limit, and just keep looking til you find something that you fall in love with :)

You coul;d also ask other girls going to the same formal what they're wearing.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
This is mine: I got it made. But the stupid lady made it have this ugly train out the back so now I have to pay to get it altered...

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
Ooookay that didn't work
No idea on how to put photos up from my comp.

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
umm i got mine from rochic in bondi westfields..
very nice dresses there but a tad expensive.
i was going to get mine made; i wanted the dress from how to lose a guy in 10 days but then i thought meh ill just shop and i found the exact dress ready made in this shop. <3

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
k8kate said:
This is mine: I got it made. But the stupid lady made it have this ugly train out the back so now I have to pay to get it altered...

k8kate said:
Ooookay that didn't work
No idea on how to put photos up from my comp.
I lol'd :eek:

Youve got to host them on the net instead of directly uploading them from your computer if you want the actual image to appear in your post. Create a photobucket account and then upload your pictures from your computer. Then use the link assigned to them to put in tags.

Alternatively, if your not fussed about the picture appearing in the actual post, you can upload a picture. When replying, scroll down to Additional Options, then click the box, manage attachments. The maxium size for picture files is 97kb (this is why I prefer photobucket)

Need any help pm me or a moderator.

:)

karoooh

HSC
Haven't had a chance to go formal shopping yet and plan to do it all after my actual exams.

I was wondering, by chance, has anyone seen a red dress, satin or silk (or anything even), lately?

liddolcii

HSC
i got my formal dress @ SEDUCE .. its purple with brown at the top with glitter sequins around the neckline .. i recommend SEDUCE they have nice dresses there that arent too formal :)

itsjenjen

HSC
Shell said:
So you shouldnt have fucking bought your dress then! the only way you can ensure no one else wears you dress is if you got it made you stupid fuck.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thankyou! im not the only one who thought she was being an annoying bitch :p no offense of anything :p

leannewhyte1988

HSC
I got mine from destiny bridal at erina, if you wanted to drive north to the central coast.. mines was a beauty.. may as well have been best dressed.. or you could get one designed..

thats an idea.

from Leanne
xoxox

yygall

HSC
If u've got rellies overseas, say HK or somethin, and they know ur tastes really well, u could just send ur measurements over and tell them to get u a dress...even with the postage it's cheaper that way.
I got a hand beaded DKNY number from hk...total including postage was under $75 AUD!!

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
i got my for 250... it is lovely, it is long and realli nice!
it is pale blue, the material makes soft swishy sounds when you move.....
i loved it to bits... but it is a tab bit long.... i am 175 and it is on the ground atm... so i need heels.... i got mine in a random formal stall i walked past... it was Mr K... i realise they had those mini designer ones... good store.... i think it was in canterbury or something...... (weird places still have jewels....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)