formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
it depends what build you have. the first is good if you are tall and slim, the second would enhance the bust.

they are both very beautiful, i especially like the brooches. and its funny that you say you dont like the colour, because the first thing i noticed that i liked about the first one was the gorgeous colour.
Yeah thats the first thing I noticed on the first dress too, I loved the colour.
I also liked the red.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
im impressed, at the same time jealous beacause when my fomal was on (lastyear) seduce and shiek dresses are not as beautiful as this year

the cuts from seduce and sheik are beautiful, the colours are vibrant, vivid prints, flattering styles and not too formal like ither… not to mention the affortable prices :)

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
What colour did you get?
The green is ok, but didn't really suit me and was also the colour of my brothers
bridesmaids dress which i had to wear. So thats why I said Ihate the colour. I got a
nice chocoltae brown colour. I'll post pics after the formal.

What types of dresses are everyone else opting for??

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
AlleyCat said:
mines a full length red satin backless dress with a fishtail train.
I think trains look so lovely! The dress sounds really nice :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
another good place (although expensive) is theodora and martha in double bay... i'm fairly sure they also write down your school so no one else buys the same dress (although they don't do many of each anyway)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
That store in Chatswood everyone faints over....
what shortie said ^^

Chic

OMG *faints* :p

shortie_689

HSC
mr_brightside said:
That store in Chatswood everyone faints over....
what shortie said ^^

Chic

OMG *faints* :p
Oh it is just so good they have the MOST BEAUTIFUL yellow strapless dress that if I was in yr 12 and having a formal this year I would wear it without any hesitation... I just love it... It comes in other colours too and it looks amazingly flattering not to clingly its flowy and just plain GORGOUS...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
sweetcherrychic said:
Hey people i went shopping today for the first time to look for a formal dress and i didnt find anything that i really liked.I went to hornsby and chatswood and im really scared im not going to find anything..Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do well what shops i can look at???Plz plz plz help me...
Have a look in Myer.

alayenay

HSC
Avoid most DRESS shops, places like Harts and Villoni are tacky and OTT. Devoid of class and overpriced. Try a wider range of shops; I got my dress (<3 by Rebecca Davies) from David Jones on sale for $99 reduced from $279! It is so gorgeous, don't be too snobby for sales, they are generally full of shit but you could find a gem!

shortie_689

HSC
OMG LIKE ARE U SURE U LOOKED HARD IN CHATSWOOD...
Today I walked past some BEAUTIFUL dresses in George, Bare and Saba all in the West Wing of Chatswood Chase... They are a tad pricey but hell they are beautiful an d chic still got some GORGOUS dresses in there window

mashimaro1987

HSC
Where did u get ur Formal dress???

Ma formal is in a couple of weeks from now and i need 2 start go shoppin' after hsc.....do u guyz kno where 2 get a formal dress dat is small cos' i'm reli 'petite'

monzi

HSC
---

I got my formal dress from P.S Michael back in 2003 for my year 12 formal. My friend and I bought it from there. I bought it for $450 dollars, its stunning, its a red halter dress with diamontes running down the middle and above the halter straps. My friend bought a white one her one was so beautiful. And they have small sizes there if your petite so go have a look.

I'll put up a picture soon so you can see how it looks like.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Harts is starting to have some really nice dresses. There's this deep green one which has two diamonte brooches and is really hard to describe so I won't do it here ... but it's so pretty. The problem with Harts is they hardly have sizes below 8. I bought my dress from there though, I got the last size 6. Woot. :eek:

New York has petite sizes. I've noticed that last year's dresses were much better though. They once had this beautiful white halter which had a low neckline and trails behind you but that could be a problem. :rolleyes: They shoved it on a mannequin and put it together with a long diamonte necklace. That was like two years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)