formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
karoooh said:
Haven't had a chance to go formal shopping yet and plan to do it all after my actual exams.

I was wondering, by chance, has anyone seen a red dress, satin or silk (or anything even), lately?

I saw a red satin mermaid - my fav. style! - a while back at HARTS...there was also a red ballroom with a flower at the leftside of the waist. Both are strapless. Go to HARTS, they have so many red stuff there =)

Hang on, those are winter styles...but there'll be summer styles there already anyway - haven't looked recently either - uni exams are annoying as.

Last edited:

bec^.^

HSC
im wearing a dress that i wore as a bridesmaid...i got it at a bridesmaid/bridal shop and it was about 300...bu they are pretty...there is also a place in granville where they can make it for u... Thts good coz no one will hav it!:wave:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i wore a gold/champagne coloured diana ferrari dress with black lace on it 2 my yr 12 formal... got it from penrith. was v v pretty, i love it. it looked fugly on the rack, but hawt on.

"Chubby"

HSC
blu biu said:
well for me. . i love looking at small shops to find one of a kind dresses ! I definitely wouldnt go HARTS or any shop like that .. lols incase someone else wears exactly the same thing at my formal -__-"

candyblush.com has some dresses .$35-$40

You can try MYERS as well.. their dresses are quite affordable and good quality

happy searching
does candy blush have a store somewhere?

rachiee

HSC
it depends how formal you want it..
harts is really good, but really expensive..
but they dresses are really elegant..
try urge in westpoint blacktown-really nice dresses

bonamy

HSC
i bought my formal dress off an internet sight- www.allegrofashion.com.au
it sounds risky, i know, but my dress came and i love it. the prices are really resonable. the dresses are made in america. good luck on finding a dress.

HSC
N/A
bonamy said:
i bought my formal dress off an internet sight- www.allegrofashion.com.au
it sounds risky, i know, but my dress came and i love it. the prices are really resonable. the dresses are made in america. good luck on finding a dress.
Ooh, looks good. Which one did you get?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A

Had my Year 12 Formal on Monday at Newcastle's City Hall. Quite fun. I'm the one in 'Maroon'. My dress was a "Miss Anne" branded dress, $95 from a local boutique. I don't care that it wasn't some ridiculously priced designer, I loved the beading.

:)

BikerChick

HSC
HARTS is the best formal dress shop i noe of... i go there 4 every kind of formal event.. some are cocktail others are long flowing gown like :D:D

aussiechica7

HSC
double bay is ok.

really u should fly 2 melbourne 4 the weekend and buy something there :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol. i was so picky with my formal dress that i thought i was going to have to go overseas for it or something and then i ended up finding something perfect 40mins from where i live. well it wasn't 'perfect' at first, i still had major misgivings about it until i actually arrived at the formal and realised it looked awesome and different from everyone else's outfit :)

moral: sometimes the best stuff is right under your nose lol.

trao06

HSC
Birkinhead Point is a great outlet centre to go to, loads of great formal dress shops for heaps cheaper! One of my friends spent $220 on a dress from Harts, and I saw the exact same dress in Harts Birkinhead Point for $150..

Mine was from Jigsaw there.. it had the smallest rip in the shoulder which I could hardly see, but they gave me $50 off so I ended up paying $100 for it lmao

~untitled~

HSC
Omg, i just found the most perfect formal dress at allegro fashions!!!, i just have to wait till 4th july till the colour i want is recut!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)