formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

luisalow1

HSC
BikerChick said:
HARTS is the best formal dress shop i noe of... i go there 4 every kind of formal event.. some are cocktail others are long flowing gown like :D:D

hmmmmmmmmmmm sorry to disagree.

but arent they a bit tacky?

i dont know the last time i saw any was ages ago.

vron7987

HSC
don't know if anyone has already said this since i couldnt be bothered to look through all the pages...oxford st in paddington has some very nice dresses. getting ur dress made from a mix of pictures/patterns you like, is also an option since no-one will have the same dress as you and it will fit you perfectly!

killyridols

HSC
get it made!!! go to a small viet dressmaker, they charge a lot less and do as good a job and you can get your dream dress made.
harts is shit
i hate formal dresses : (
everyone looks like a big ugly frou frou cupcake.

blacksunset

HSC
do NOT get your dress made.
it will NEVER look as good as something bought.
I have gone designer every year (i'm from melbourne so its kind of expected..) and this year my dress was collette dinnigan ( i won best dressed woohoo)
anyone looking for dresses.. head to melbourne and look, otherwise look in the designer section of david jones, they have alex perry, collette dinnigan, lisa ho etc

depends how much u wanna spend - if u wanna be different expect to spend alot..
coz anything cheap (under 700ish) will all look the same..
trust me lol iv been to 9 formals !

HSC
blacksunset said:
I have gone designer every year (i'm from melbourne so its kind of expected..) and this year my dress was collette dinnigan ( i won best dressed woohoo)
anyone looking for dresses.. head to melbourne and look, otherwise look in the designer section of david jones, they have alex perry, collette dinnigan, lisa ho etc

:care:

You remind me of Ja'mie...

blacksunset

HSC
seduce do have some lovely stuff -you can find lovely stuff anywhere. you just have to be willing to look.
its a matter of looking for what u want, body shape, and the style you want - but quite seriously, unless youi're willing to stroll down alleyways looking at a trillion different dresses to find one, then spend to be different.

and for you to say i remind you of ja'mie is a really pathetic comment.. grow up.

neverXending

HSC
well originally i was going to get mine made, but then theres always the what if it turns out ugly, so i abandoned that, i went to the previous year 12 formal atmy school and alot of the dresses looked the same/boring.

so i decided to go for a vintage dress, which i totally found by accident.
its amazing though, and as im very much a shoe girl i decided to make mummy lash out and buy me christian dior shoess because i got a relatively cheap(under 300) dress.

so basically you can find something amazing anywhere, in my case crown street sydney. and the internet.

you just gotta be prepared to look, and spend if you dont, or look the same if you dont.

i just want it to be formal time allready!! f*ck exams:)

killyridols

HSC
blacksunset said:

you sure must be really unimaginative or bad at styling yourself then.

fatso134

HSC
mans.. my formal is on the dec 3rd.. rite.. i want a dress... thats like not long .. cos im short.. but with the cream colour peach.. or something.. dat gives off elegance.. and class.. ><; AND I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING!! i've tried.. newtown.. surry hills.. seduce.. you name it everywhere.. ><;; cant find anything :( anyone noe where i can get one.. with my requirements?? and abyss is too expensive

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
blacksunset said:

not true, my formal dress for year 12 was 260 bucks and it was nothing like what all the other girls were wearing. different colours, different cut, different style.

you just have to be prepared to shop around and not settle for the first thing you like. heck 2 days after i bought this dress i found an even better one for 45 dollars in a thrift store, so yeah.

blacksunset

HSC
as i said - u can find gorgeous stuff anywhere - it depends how much u wanna shop around.
if u cant be bothered shopping around and still wanna be different, be prepared to pay.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
blacksunset said:

you're a douche-twat.

BlytheChloe

HSC
Emanuella has the absolute most striking and unique dresses you'll find. My formal dress is Emanuella. They range from $100 - $600. But I got mine for $51 off the seller who distributes them on eBay - much cheaper than the brand's actual site where it's $179.

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
Re: where to find formal dresses?

i would actually advise you to stay well away from 'formal shops' and look into places like 'myers' or 'david jones' if you really want something a bit 'different', something well away from the 'conventional formal wear' yet at the same time looks pretty pretty good~!...this is because such clothing shops have items that are made by designers, so they should be not only abit more modern in style but also a bit more unique...not to mention, less expensive!!

*Minka*

HSC

I got mine in Italy. I know it sounds all posh, but I was on holiday there with my family for a day on a stopover heading to Croatia and saw it in a shop window so I went and tried it on just to see how it looked and I knew straight away it was my dress. So I brought it and had ot shipped home.

tanna

HSC

I got mine from Harts :| I'm a little afraid now, re-reading all these forum posts. I actually hated all of the dresses there except one: it's a blue strapless one, I don't know how to explain it.
But apparently, about 10 girls wore a dress from Forever New at their formal hah!
It was pretty though, I gotta admit.

blacksunset

HSC

*Minka* said:
I got mine in Italy. I know it sounds all posh, but I was on holiday there with my family for a day on a stopover heading to Croatia and saw it in a shop window so I went and tried it on just to see how it looked and I knew straight away it was my dress. So I brought it and had ot shipped home.
nah man overseas is a reaod place to get stuff - my girlfriend bought like 4 dresses over there.. and then brought them back to decide which one to wear..haha
and the best part is - noone else will have the same one :)

cloud89

HSC
I bought mine from a shop called Kyra Collection (if I am not wrong) in South Yarra (Melbourne) on 101 Toorak Rd (If I am not wrong), it is inside the arcade. The price was not bad start from $150, They have many nice colours and nice design.

wendaYYY

no pain no gain
HSC
My formal's in 2 weeks so I just went out and bought a dress with no fuss in Asiantown, just got whatever fitted!!

I really don't like conventional long and flowy dresses either 'cause obviously I have no cleavage or butt LMAO

Mine comes above my knees with two holster straps you tie at your neck, black with silver pattern and not figure-hugging either, but also not frumpy looking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)