Fort Street and Girraween Portfolios, Reports and extra cirriculars (1 Viewer)

wzsmartypants

HSC
Original Poster said:
I should’ve put a different partial school, anything other than my current one I stg😂
which one if u dont mind me asking

saltshaker

HSC
Original Poster said:
wait i looked at the sample qs for year 9 and they look kinda hard? i’m in year 8 currently btw
huh i looked at them too and the samples seem to require a bit more background knowledge than the paper i did

the only weird questions i got in my yr10 paper were some thing about fungus which i didnt know about but i used process of elimination to try figure it out

the rest were working scientifically skills and gave adequate info to work out everything

saltshaker

HSC
Original Poster said:
Ohhhh okay did u get a HD or D?
i havent gotten any notification about my result yet since i did it this year

don't take my word as absolute truth better to overprepare a bit for these kind of comps

Scimat

HSC
Do you guys think having d and hd in comps is really important considering that no schools are doing tests. Like I have this award I got 0.01% in the world but it's not a famous competition.

Scimat

HSC
Original Poster said:
i’m doing selective next year. might not be cancelled for next year. and yes the more awards u get the better chance to get in. awards and comps play a big role in it but ig not as important as ur report and essay(fort street) or HAST exam results.
Yeah good luck next year. I'm freaking out results for Girraween will come this week. Btw do you guys know any good english tutoring centres

saltshaker

HSC
what do u do in english coaching? i can't imagine having to study 3+ texts concurrently

saltshaker

HSC
i just did the interview today for fs, my school ranking rn is kinda similar lmaoo
when the principal asked if i had any questions i blanked out 💀 i shouldve asked her abt my application but oh well

saltshaker

HSC
Original Poster said:
hmmm ik someone who applied for year9 entry and i don’t think they got anything back yet so dw. it might be bcuz they do year 11 entry ones first, then year 10 entry and so on. and seeing that someone got an interview today means they r probs still doing the yr11 entries. but don’t worry i saw ur grades and extra curriculars are quite outstanding so i bet you’ll get a place.
adding on to this they are interviewing a fair bit more applicants than they will accept due to the lack of HAST for year 11, and each interview is roughly 1/2 an hr, so it will take a fair amount of time.

chwabe

HSC
Original Poster said:
Damnnn for what year entry? And also what qs did they ask u? What grades and extracurriculars did u have?
year 11 in 2022!
she asked pretty basic questions like what subjects are you good at and that. i have pretty good grades but no extra curriculum only piano lmao
im sure you'll be fine, you seem pretty determined!

chwabe

HSC
when the principal asked if i had any questions i blanked out 💀 i shouldve asked her abt my application but oh well
wait wdym abt ur application like how long itll take for them to contact you again?
i started tearing up during my interview im a 8ussy ngl

saltshaker

HSC
wait wdym abt ur application like how long itll take for them to contact you again?
i started tearing up during my interview im a 8ussy ngl
like was it decent, was my essay dogshit or not (first time i wrote an essay like that never again), what was my rank against other applicants.. etc

saltshaker

HSC
also when she said she's going to contact my school for the attendance records i was like 💀 because if i decide not to go to fort street i dont want my school to hate me forever

chwabe

HSC
like was it decent, was my essay dogshit or not (first time i wrote an essay like that never again), what was my rank against other applicants.. etc
do you think they'd tell us if we emailed them lmaoo
i think i'd be disappointed to know, mine was kinda questionable but im pretty decent at bsing

chwabe

HSC
also when she said she's going to contact my school for the attendance records i was like 💀 because if i decide not to go to fort street i dont want my school to hate me forever
ayo naurr rip , did u say smth dodgy abt ur attendance

saltshaker

HSC
do you think they'd tell us if we emailed them lmaoo
i think i'd be disappointed to know, mine was kinda questionable but im pretty decent at bsing
my personality in interviews is a 180 from irl shes gonna be disappointed when she sees me interacting with other people

chwabe

HSC
nah but she said she'd check in passing and i died inside a little
i mean thats a good sign, you've attracted her attention i guess (?)
is ur attendance actually good though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)