Forum upgrade at midnight tonight (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No more clickable links on profiles ("educational institution", "favourite music" etc). Oh well.
A few of the features we used to have were necessarily lost because of the scale of the upgrade - but they'll come back.

Including gold rep.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Performance tweaks incoming soon?

I'd much rather a faster experience :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, I'll buy you a beer AND give you a reach around...and if you play your cards right, maybe I'll even buy dinner!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Cheers guys, I'll never turn down a beer. ;)

Performance enhancers coming soon!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
We experimented with rep once long ago. I introduced it as a way of rewarding people who helped others. In fact it was used mainly as a popularity vote based on humour and other similar considerations. So we abolished it.

In hindsight I don't think it was wise to remove functionality which our members liked and wanted to use. The fact that they wanted to use it for something that we hadn't intended doesn't mean we should try to stop them. It does mean that it wasn't used as a reward for helpers, but it also wasn't hurting the forums in any way.

I am considering leaving rep in the game and introducing a parallel 'brownie points' system to serve as rewards for helpers. Presumably those users who are interested in rep as a measure of social popularity will not be interested in being seen as goody goody helpers. Details still to be worked out though.
More like, even Jumb was a gold member and Minai wasn't.

Lies. I remember the summer of 04/05 well, and all that transpired.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Theres some problem with creating a new profile. The boxes u gotta fill in dont have any description as to what u gotta write in em. Just blank white boxes, presumably where u gotta enter first name, last name, high school, etc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, Youtube....oh lord the rick rolls...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hey Laz you might want to check this out. It'll take two seconds and everyone would love you for it:

vBulletin Community Forum - View Single Post - How To Make a YouTube BB Code
Done.

Theres some problem with creating a new profile. The boxes u gotta fill in dont have any description as to what u gotta write in em. Just blank white boxes, presumably where u gotta enter first name, last name, high school, etc.
Thanks very much for this.

Will try to fix tonight.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You need to extract the movie code from the URL; don't just paste the whole thing.

I am sure I don't need to say this, but if this code gets abused it'll go away.

No girls with tubs or cups etc. Do not abuse!

tbohlsennswssrg

Greenver_420
HSC
Re: Youtube Embedding

You need to extract the movie code from the URL; don't just paste the whole thing.
[youtube]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WETyYfT5PSk[/youtube]
Code:
[ youtube ]"movie URL"[/ youtube ]
Note: Remove Spaces in youtube tages

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC

Nice work as usual Laz. Though it's becoming quite MySpace-Facebooktique in the features being offered, I'd say the highlight is restoring rep. Let the repping wars begin!

P.S. I know this isn't directly related to the forum upgrade, but any chance of benefactors returning? I can think of a few people who deserve benefactorship. Unless we give them gold rep, which btw is it returning?

P.P.S. Wow I didn't even know you could track a post's editing history! Freaky! Talking of freaky, I think "recent visits" to a profile is a little...disconcerting. Who knows who could be looking at YOUR profile? *shifty eyes*

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
interesting update, feels much like a social network site (which is a good thing :))

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Nice work as usual Laz. Though it's becoming quite MySpace-Facebooktique in the features being offered, I'd say the highlight is restoring rep. Let the repping wars begin!

P.S. I know this isn't directly related to the forum upgrade, but any chance of benefactors returning? I can think of a few people who deserve benefactorship. Unless we give them gold rep, which btw is it returning?

P.P.S. Wow I didn't even know you could track a post's editing history! Freaky! Talking of freaky, I think "recent visits" to a profile is a little...disconcerting. Who knows who could be looking at YOUR profile? *shifty eyes*
Just for that, I'm going to check your profile....scary innit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)