Future Plans (UAI/Uni/Tafe/Job) (1 Viewer)

nikilily

HSC
Re: Where do you see yourself in the future?

wat the frig is everyones problem with wanting uai's of 99.9 + ?? there is this little thing we are trapped in called life...maybe we should live it?? Not saying ambition or aiming high is bad, or that achieving this uai is bad, its not, its bloody good. But my belief is that when we hit the HSC we shouldn't drop everything in order to get a few numbers written on a piece of paper, again, not saying we shouldnt take it seriously, its all about finding balance i spose...

technicolour

HSC
I want to do a Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Arts in Politics and international relations or history. That requires above 95.5 for Macquarie and above 99 for anything else. I'm happy to work at it. :)

The Engineer

HSC
Wanting to do a double of engineering and applied physics at wollongong. Got early entry and hope my atar can keep it :) Its gonna be sweeet!

jenga218

HSC
I honestly don't have any concrete plans. (Good heavens, I don't even know what country I'll be living in!) I'm aiming for a UAI of about 80, because that's somewhat doable (99.95? I feel sorry for you people! :rolleyes: haha, jokes!).

I'm thinking I might try for a bachelor of Social work, or a sociology major or something. I'd like to be a social worker who does stuff like DOCS or CAS. Or I might try to go into full-time ministry, like my mother and grandmother before me. Or I've also had quite a few people tell me I'd make a good teacher, so I might go into that once I've recovered from highschool. Personally I don't feel like spending the next 40 years of my life in school, but that might change. ;)

Before I'm 30? I would like to be happily married, and hopefully with children. But for that you kinda need a boyfriend. :p I don't care to make millions, as long as I'm happy and my family is healthy. :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Nyxie

HSC
I'm aiming for an ATAR of 90+ although I don't have any particular career in mind. Something to do with my school subjects, see below in my signature, all of which I love -

I would definitely like to go to uni, either in Brisbane or Sydney ( or the best one I get into!) ---> but apart from that I am open to suggestions! :cook:

0bs3n3

HSC
Working for my gap year (hopefully full-time, or maybe 3 days a week). EB Games? Hells yeah. Any electronics joint would be awesome.

And hopefully after my gap year I've figured out what I wanna do in Uni. Minimum ATAR is 75 (BA is my fallback), would be happy (and not selling myself short) with 85+.

x_ekooC

HSC
After the HSC I hope to get an ATAR of atleast 85. Looking to do something like Bachlor of Nursing or Paramedicine... Something to do with health anyway.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Who's aiming for Medicine?

Aiming for B Business @ UTS. But happy with ATAR 84+ so that I can get into Macquarie.

But I'll start uni after my gap year (hopefully to Canada to work as a camp counsellor).

philphie

Banned
HSC
let's see, get into usyd first, then double degree in international relations and law, 2nd year exchange at Sciences Po in Paris, get discovered then work as an actor being the next Jean Pierre Leaud, win an oscar for every film, one film a year, at the same time touring with the band, eventually transfer there, graduate, summer internship working for UN, get sent to Zimbabwe and get Mugabe out of power, grad school at Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar for a year while attending raf academy, then summer internship with UN and associated press as a photojournalist, get sent to kosovo, fix the issues with lack of medicine attention to those suffering from radiation poisoning, then get sent off to afghanistan working as a medic and journalist after getting married to natalie portman and having your first baby boy, win a pulitzer and wakeley for photography and journalism get captured and put into hostage, after 1 year get released, get a government job working in PAris/switzerland, then ambassador at Buenos Aires, come back to sydney, this time with 4 kids, become minister of foreign affairs and trade, become prime minister for the next 12 years, fix up the nsw government, retire, become governor general, become UN rep for australia, become secretary general, resolve the israeli issues, cripple north korea's and iran's nuclear industry, win the nobel peace prize, then finally die saving someone's life which turned out to be an assassination by the age of 45

LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
Re: Where do you see yourself in the future?

wat the frig is everyones problem with wanting uai's of 99.9 + ?? there is this little thing we are trapped in called life...maybe we should live it?? Not saying ambition or aiming high is bad, or that achieving this uai is bad, its not, its bloody good. But my belief is that when we hit the HSC we shouldn't drop everything in order to get a few numbers written on a piece of paper, again, not saying we shouldnt take it seriously, its all about finding balance i spose...
it's only one more single year that you have to sacrifice
your time and commitment on.
we can have all the fun we want after the HSC but in the mean time
i believe we should really stay committed to our goals. you don't want to leave
high school and tell yourself you should have studied more and have regret in your mind

but of course we do need a balance in our social life as well:)

im aiming for the combined B Law/Commerce degree @ sydney uni
required uai: 99.55

breeza92

HSC
Im hoping to become a composer/pianist and write scores for movies.. along with the other million people out there who want the same thing... i can only dream. hahaa

But il either do a double degree in law/arts or law/contemporary music. requires a large uai, but im happy to work for it!
im hoping for an ATAR of 98+ but anything in the 90's i spose il be able to live with.. lol :)
Id love to go to uni in Sydney or Brisbane. not sure how il be able to afford accomodation thought :\

so hopefully in 10 years time, i will either be a successful musician, or enjoying my career in law. and il be single. ha.

Goodluck everyone :)

OMFG7891

HSC
I'll be happy with an ATAR of anything 85 and over but I would be really happy if I got a 90 =D

I want to go to uni in Melbourne at either unimelb doing a B Arts majoring in Cinema and Cultural studies/Media and communications or RMIT and do a B Communications in Media.

Job wise, I'd like to write and produce for Film and Televison. Unfortunatley, It's gonna be a really hard industry to get into.

Before I'm 30 I'd like to travel around the world and go to most of the festivals that have featured in the tv show b430 haha but seriously.. Sziget looks awesome.. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the trip lol
Get my Masters in Film Production or a Graduate Diploma in Screen Business/Producing from AFTRS.
I'd also like to be working at a film production company (my own company would be nice lol) or film studio making films. But it's all such wishful thinking, In truth i'll most likely be mooching off my sister whom no doubt will be very rich haha

philphie

Banned
HSC
I'll be happy with an ATAR of anything 85 and over but I would be really happy if I got a 90 =D

I want to go to uni in Melbourne at either unimelb doing a B Arts majoring in Cinema and Cultural studies/Media and communications or RMIT and do a B Communications in Media.

Job wise, I'd like to write and produce for Film and Televison. Unfortunatley, It's gonna be a really hard industry to get into.

Before I'm 30 I'd like to travel around the world and go to most of the festivals that have featured in the tv show b430 haha but seriously.. Sziget looks awesome.. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the trip lol
Get my Masters in Film Production or a Graduate Diploma in Screen Business/Producing from AFTRS.
I'd also like to be working at a film production company (my own company would be nice lol) or film studio making films. But it's all such wishful thinking, In truth i'll most likely be mooching off my sister whom no doubt will be very rich haha

i heard 2010 was the last intake for media comm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)