General Chit-Chatter (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm naturally blonde (I died my hair black in year 11) and I've read that mosquitoes are more attracted to blondes than brunettes.

I'm just worried that I'll get Ross River fever :uhoh:.
lol, that means i should get less bites cause i have dark hair. Btw i wikied those um...illnesses? and if you get ross river, apparently you'll be immune for the rest of your life :) not that bad
edit: i change my mind....you might get long term arthraglia...
and i dont have like that eczema kind luckily...mines like chicken pox wide kinda. I wonder if those asian women who cover up everything except their face get bitten?

Last edited:

jackydoll

HSC
lol, that means i should get less bites cause i have dark hair. Btw i wikied those um...illnesses? and if you get ross river, apparently you'll be immune for the rest of your life :) not that bad

and i dont like that eczema kind luckily...mines like chicken pox wide kinda. I wonder if those asian women who cover up everything except their face get bitten?
Yeah but you'll have chronic fatigue and swollen joints for the rest of your life. It can even get into your spinal cord and lose control of motor co-ordination and thinking processes. Well that's what Dr Karl on Triple J said.

The Muslim women would probably be use to it, they're from countries where malaria is common.

HSC
it says on wiki that sometimes they last for a few years, but only in rare cases, while recovery is usually 1 month.

yeh i guess they would probably be use to it. hmm

em_516

bludging..
HSC
They would, though you might have to ring in advance to ensure they have a supply.

Guys, not saying it 100% won't happen, but they're mosquitoes.. we're not exactly a tropical area and even though there's kind've a lot, it's also not really. You will survive. Swat at them, and let it go.

HSC
your local gp should really have them

but we're located on a swampy ground that is also a place where mosquitoes like to bred :S
btw your right...they have fallen down in numbers i've onnly gotten 2 bites this week so far. :) and i dont use any spraying stuff

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I'm aware, no. Except for people who have minor allergies to mosquitoes and develop welts from them.

They're nothing new. Happens at the beginning of every year. They will dissipate.
That would be me :( i got bitten on my foot on Friday and now its extremely swollen so it hurts to walk.

Damn mossies!!

HSC
Uni Grad
Bite some mossies on their wings so it hurts them to fly.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
They would, though you might have to ring in advance to ensure they have a supply.

Guys, not saying it 100% won't happen, but they're mosquitoes.. we're not exactly a tropical area and even though there's kind've a lot, it's also not really. You will survive. Swat at them, and let it go.
Drench thyself in Aerogard? :)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
...So how's everyone finding uni?
Our forum seems to have gotten a little quieter, guess we're just too busy doing studying? *ahem* *cough*

Excited for mid-semester break? Or just too bogged down to even notice it's 4 days till Easter long weekend? =D

Whenever I drench thyself with Aeroguard, it's like Auschwitz.
Lol...they were going for my fingers today, practically the only part of me not saturated in aerogard =P

MailMofo

HSC
...So how's everyone finding uni?
Our forum seems to have gotten a little quieter, guess we're just too busy doing studying? *ahem* *cough*

Excited for mid-semester break? Or just too bogged down to even notice it's 4 days till Easter long weekend? =D

Lol...they were going for my fingers today, practically the only part of me not saturated in aerogard =P
I'm deferring yo!

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I'm deferring yo!
yo... whaaat?

but i reckon it's a good idea hey, it'll give you some time to figure out where you'll be happiest working/studying... you don't want to rush these things =)

nawww, i'll miss seeing you at uni! =(

HSC
of course. dont you guys have like week 6 tests around the mid semster break? I'll still got my hsc mind running that "this will be the easier part so i should get as much as i can" so i wont fail this semster and avoid paying another 20k in the future

buh bi mailmofo :)

DanHickm

HSC
Lame Mailmofo, not liking it? I'm not excited for the midterm break, purely because I won't want to come back to uni after it :p Have a heap of assessments and crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)