General discussion of PDHPE (1 Viewer)

StudyToDeath

HSC
Exactly one week until my PDHPE half yearly exam. Way to much content to cover

StudyToDeath

HSC
Exactly 2 weeks till mine, (last exam).

What topics have you covered? Our exam is on Core 1 and Sports Med.
Good luck, I've done Sports Medicine as well and core 2 Factors Affecting Performance which are in my exam

lil_stassa

HSC
Finally found a PDHPE thread LOL.

How is everyone going with the course now that half yearlies are over and reports are in :)

Chris_S

HSC
This is such a good subject but this forum is so dead! Wake up everybody lol! :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
First of all, to do well in PD you must MEMORISE THE SYLLABUS!!!!

It took me a while to fully understand why we need to after my first exam back!!

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah it is a content heavy subject. As long as you know your syllabus and the key terms e.g. Assess etc. than you will go fine

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Have you memorised the entire syllabus including the options yet?

Chris_S

HSC
I know Core 2 and Sports med and about half of Core 1 which has been my priority for the last couple of days! I haven't done improving performance yet as we are doing that after the trials. Wbu?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I'm in prelim and I'm going to try memorising the syllabus in the summer holidays...good idea or not?

Chris_S

HSC
For hsc? Um i think you should memorise the syllabus of the core or option that you will have done before that and look and read over notes and the syllabus for the others so you have a head start and can get a better understanding in class!

Chris_S

HSC
Mind maps for the syllabus in my opinion are really important as you therefore can link the concepts to the questions really easy

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Mind maps for the syllabus in my opinion are really important as you therefore can link the concepts to the questions really easy
Yes for HSC
and
You reckon you could show me how you memorise the HSC syllabus?

Chris_S

HSC
For instance the principle of training. I would put it in the middle and try to write the 6 types joining into it e.g. Specificity, variety, training thresholds, warm up and cool down, reversibility and progressive overload. For each of these i would provide a definition and example. Of i can do this without my notes than I will move on to the next point in the syllabus. This is simple and effective as you can tweak it to work for a verb like describe, explain, assess (judgement) etc.

Chris_S

HSC
One whole wall of my room is covered with PDHPE notes for core 1,2 and sports med! Hopefully it helps

ryan_gorton

HSC
Whats everyone's aims for HSC mark and what is there current school assessment mark?

I'll start.. HSC mark aim: 94+, Assessment mark: 92 (2nd)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)