General discussion of PDHPE (1 Viewer)

Chris_S

HSC
Got my trial results back today! Got 3rd in the cohort which is a massive improvement for me and it is in a fairly large and strong cohort as well :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Got my trial results back today! Got 3rd in the cohort which is a massive improvement for me and it is in a fairly large and strong cohort as well :)
That's really good man, congrats on the rank, your well on your journey to a B6!

Chris_S

HSC
Cheers brother and yeah hopefully now as in the last question in the option it was a 12 marker that was like immensely difficult and I ended up getting 10/12

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Cheers brother and yeah hopefully now as in the last question in the option it was a 12 marker that was like immensely difficult and I ended up getting 10/12
10/12 is extremely good! You should be really proud of your achievement

ryan_gorton

HSC
Nice work! What paper did you do? Independents right?

I did the QATS paper and got 2nd (by 1 mark) with 93.5/100 so I'm stoked with that. Interpreted the core one 8 marker a little differently and only got 5/8, but other than that I only lost 1 mark here and there.

My marks breakdown is:

19/20 (multiple choice)
17/20 (core 1)
19/20 (core 2)
20/20 (improving performance)
18.5/20 (sports medicine)

Now I need to stop focusing on pdhpe as much and actually do some work for all my other subjects.. haha

HSC
I was doing well in my trial right until the last option 12 marker in which i didn't have enough time to answer properly :( Pulled me down heaps. Despite that I ranked 3rd and overall rank is 3rd. Our trial average for the cohort was 65% which I found was pretty low. I also don't like the options we're doing they're a pain to study because they're not that interesting --> health of young + health and equity

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Wow, only 8% of the students who do this subject in the state get a band 6? Interested to find out if the trend continues this year or not.

StudyToDeath

HSC
How's everyone's studying going for the HSC? Have you started yet?

Honestly, I haven't done much work. I'm starting to remember the syllabus off by heart. And I'm trying to gradually build myself up to studying and doing past papers.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
How's everyone's studying going for the HSC? Have you started yet?

Honestly, I haven't done much work. I'm starting to remember the syllabus off by heart. And I'm trying to gradually build myself up to studying and doing past papers.
I start the HSC course in a month's time so pretty exciting stuff right there. I just need to stay motivated I guess.

How have you coped with the HSC course?

StudyToDeath

HSC
I start the HSC course in a month's time so pretty exciting stuff right there. I just need to stay motivated I guess.

How have you coped with the HSC course?
Good luck!

I found the start of the HSC to be really stressful nevertheless i was insanely excited and motivated. I've kept steady marks and ranks in all my subjects but for PDHPE and legal. I was on an all time high and then bam screwed up one assessment task and dropped a fair few ranks. I still haven't gotten over that lol. I found that I significantly improved from year 11. From being the underdog all throughout high school, to coming 1st in two subjects in yr12. Now I'm near the end of the HSC I'm feeling less stressed, because I know what uni course I want to study. And I realised the ATAR is not be all, end all. I hope that helps, just try your best and enjoy it while it lasts!

Chris_S

HSC
I am working like a machine atm tbh! Hopefully can keep it up for the next 5 weeks until exams start

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah I am at the moment I am on track just have to go better at mc lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)