General Thoughts: Ancient History (2 Viewers)

Lina3

HSC
I went with the Amenhotep question but 4 pages in I realized I'd already answered everything so I talked about his diplomacy vaguely and why there were no military campaigns.
Exactly, I was afraid that I will answer it in like 2 pages and have nowhere to go. Wait..if you talked only vaguely about diplomacy what was your main argument? I would have gone with his system of diplomacy and reasons why it was a peaceful era, along with talk about how he still depicted himself as a warrior pharaoh.

HSC
Also, anybody did Alexander? How did you answer part b? I don't think I did that well for a 15 marker.

aceer

HSC
I thought it was quite easy overall
Pompeii = easy except for a few multiple choice
Sparta = smashed the 15 marker, forgot what the karneia was though.. I think I wrote about the gymnopaediae
Xerxes = easy
Greece 500-440 = easy! same question as trial

Lina3

HSC
For those who did Sparta, what were your points for the Dual Kingship question?
*Said their political power was not absolute but they fulfilled the following roles:
*Had two votes in major trials.
*Were only two members of gerousia under 60.
*Could appoint officials to receive foreign visitors.
*Issues involving public roads and unmarried heiresses.

LoadingUsername

HSC
Anyone know what the difference between Pompeii and Herculaneum multiple choice was? I think I ended up putting "roof tiles" cause I had no clue. Now that I think of it, volcanic material would've been better..

Did Minoan Crete for section II, was alright, totally forgot about the phaistos disc so probably lost a mark or two there

As for Alexander, second question I did 1) successful as far as military and warfare and conquering is concerned, initially successful in his administration, unsuccessful logistically and unsuccessful as his empire crumbled. It was tough though. :/

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Anyone know what the difference between Pompeii and Herculaneum multiple choice was? I think I ended up putting "roof tiles" cause I had no clue. Now that I think of it, volcanic material would've been better..

Did Minoan Crete for section II, was alright, totally forgot about the phaistos disc so probably lost a mark or two there

As for Alexander, second question I did 1) successful as far as military and warfare and conquering is concerned, initially successful in his administration, unsuccessful logistically and unsuccessful as his empire crumbled. It was tough though. :/
I put the wooden beams LOL

Mutant Kitty

HSC
One would think that they have more than the sciences, however my girlfriend begs to differ purely because Chemistry and Physics are more difficult thus it is more important to memorise things, where is with history I have found that you can remember most of it if you are interested...
My study plan for today:
Watch a documentary, remember latin words to describe Augustus, watch a documentary.
Study sucks.
I'd rather be a happy band 5 student than a stressed, unhappy band 6 one.

starlight-tears

HSC
what did you guys write for the difference on the effect of the eruption on the two cities of vesuvius?

leesh95

HSC
One would think that they have more than the sciences, however my girlfriend begs to differ purely because Chemistry and Physics are more difficult thus it is more important to memorise things, where is with history I have found that you can remember most of it if you are interested...
My study plan for today:
Watch a documentary, remember latin words to describe Augustus, watch a documentary.
Study sucks.
I'd rather be a happy band 5 student than a stressed, unhappy band 6 one.
Speak for your self buddy

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Speak for your self buddy
As an existential nihilist I consider it silly to stress over achieving a high number in which I wouldn't let define me anyway. Life is inherently meaningless and the only purpose that it may have is subjective purpose... I want to experience happiness and pleasure, as opposed to a number.

It is the smart 'YOLO'.

SWilko21

HSC
Hey guys, congrats for making it through the exam. Just one question: for the m/c question referring to which structures have been found at Pompeii and not Herculaneum, what did you guys get? I though it was D) as I believe no temple have been uncovered at Herculaneum; I have know idea. Overall, I found Sparta and Pompeii the easiest, the other two sections weren't too bad but I stuffed up on my expression.
Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)