general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

offlimits

HSC
I don't even know if I've failed Chemistry or not and I have to pass Chemistry to continue my studies. This ban on the release of results is so irritating.

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
Summary: Vote Greens and preference Labor.
This is your first time voting in a Federal election, yes? With 4.5 weeks until the election, you shouldn't take such a narrow-minded view of politics this early in the political campaign by basing your Greens/Labor vote (which you still have 4.5 additional weeks to decide) on the premise of the return of WorkChoices and IR laws when you have failed to acknowledge debacles such as BER and home insulation. Are these not important as well? How about border protection and the asylum seekers? With a greater proportion of Greens in the senate, you can be sure the ETS/carbon pollution reduction scheme will be implemented in some form of another. What do you know of the economic consequences of such a scheme?

Have you thought about leader credibility? What are your thoughts on JG's fierce refusal to release details of her talks with KR, the night before he was back-stabbed? Do you support Laurie Oakes' hardball question at her regarding this? On the subject of credibility, TB has clearly stated he will not re-introduce WorkChoices; rather, he will continue to maintain the current Labor policy until his first term (if elected) is over. Those who argue that TB can take back this promise should ask the same of JG with respect to the offshore processing debacle at East Timor; do you recall?

How about the RSPT, now the MRRT - do you honestly believe that the budget will still return to surplus in 2013, given the cut in tax levy by 10%? Do you believe the updated budget figures? Speaking of the budget, do you realise how much this government is forking out to process the asylum seekers? Who is footing the bill?

:rolleyes: ... and you wonder why JG has been appealing to young people to rush to join the electoral roll. Labor knows that many of these 18-year-olds, in their ignorance, will vote Labor without taking into consideration other policy debacles of the Rudd-Gillard government.

One last thing - why was Howard re-elected for several terms, and yet Rudd didn't even last a full term? Because Howard kept tabs on the community's sentiments about politics through talkback radio, and yet Rudd did not. Have a listen to talkback radio. Maybe then you'll learn how to take your vote seriously.

Last edited:

Gold Lion

HSC
Why is it that important? Does it really matter if you failed by getting 33 or by 44? I feel sorry you failed, but its not the lecturers fault, their strike action was not the reason for you failing the subject.
TOTALLY AGREE. Except one thing: I didn't get 33 or 44, I got 47. i.e. I could get a conceded pass. It's no one's fault but my own that I failed- true yes - but it's everyone's fault but my own when almost a week into uni i STILL don't know what the fuck subject I'm supposed to be doing because I'm not being told if I'm getting a PC or not.

They can union and strike all they want, but why should I as a student suffer? I NEED to know what I got so I can commence my fucking enrolment and become a contributing member to society

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
freebies at the mini o-week yesterday :D, was the one last week a failure or something?

HSC
freebies at the mini o-week yesterday :D, was the one last week a failure or something?
Last week was to help those starting mid-year; mostly exchange students, international students and postgrads. Yesterday was just a welcome back day.

Gold Lion

HSC
I was wondering how did you get your maths mark? Did the union only decide to release the marks< 50?
Yeah if you got over 50 you get your provisional grade, but under 50's got provisional mark

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Listening to talkback radio in Australia is stupid - the hosts on 2UE/2GB are ridiculously biased and incredibly retarded.
I remember Chris Smith on the afternoon show got 2 emails filled with hate comments... funny thing was that the emails sent had the same IP address LOLOLMAO.

But yeah overall talkback radio is pretty one-sided, it's a fact.

Ahhhh still no results for some subjects, hang in there guys.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Talkback radio is incredibly biased.

Can you not just go to the Chemistry student centre (I assume there is one) and ask them to lookup your marks for you if they say they've released them then?

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
Listening to talkback radio in Australia is stupid - the hosts on 2UE/2GB are ridiculously biased and incredibly retarded.
Who said I was talking about 2UE and 2GB? ABC radio is the other side of the coin, if you say they're biased. Listen to both sides then.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
had fun smashing bereies with politik and moll 2nite

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Oi Tommy, why didn't you come to athesit soc meet? I managed to drag Niranjan along for free pizza.

Gold Lion

HSC
Serously FML
I didn't get a PC now I have the shittiest time table ever invented

will I Need to buy new books for math1131 or are sem 2/sem1 the same??

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Gold Lion said:
will I Need to buy new books for math1131 or are sem 2/sem1 the same??
Should be the same.

I have a pretty annoying timetable this semester, doing two honours subjects and two subjects for Diploma. Only 14 hours, but they're spread all over the place:
Mon: 9, 11
Tue: 10-16
Wed: 14-16 (+ honours seminar 16-17)
Thu: 10-12
Fri: 13-15

:angry:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)