general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Serously FML
I didn't get a PC now I have the shittiest time table ever invented

will I Need to buy new books for math1131 or are sem 2/sem1 the same??
That sucks big time.

They recommend you don't buy the book (I did and hardly ever used it, only once or twice, although its still good for thsi semester also), although the same book is used between semesters.

lol I already bought new ones........................face...........palm
This may be the biggest fail I have read on these forums, ever. Rofl...

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
What course are you doing?

So what subjects are you doing this semester now?

random-1006

Banned
HSC
The first two algebra lectures of math 1241 algebra are so boring, 2 hrs of proving 0 = 0, and other such trivial crap, gona fall asleep soon

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
The first two algebra lectures of math 1241 algebra are so boring, 2 hrs of proving 0 = 0, and other such trivial crap, gona fall asleep soon
What lecture stream are you in?

My view on the maths lectures so far:

Algebra:
Dr. Mak - Shows about half a dozen overheads of birds with captions and story's on them he's drawn for a few minutes each lecture. He is okay, not great though, seems to go off on tangents when answering questions. Notes are all on overhead's. He is fine to understand.

Dr Wildberger - Has no notes, nor does he use any other notes. Does not use pc/overheads, does everything straight on the blackboard, which I quite like. Teaches quite simply and explains it well.

Calculus:
Dr Tisdell - Interesting, encourages good class participation. Notes are good and contain lots of real world practical applications and he makes it more exciting. That being said, he moves quite fast (he seems to think he is behind?) and I'm not sure I understand everything at first.

Dr Blennerhasset - While I'm not a huge fan of his, he does explain the maths well. His lecture notes still annoy me and he uses the slides too much.

random-1006

Banned
HSC

Algebra:
Dr. Mak - Shows about half a dozen overheads of birds with captions and story's on them he's drawn for a few minutes each lecture. He is okay, not great though, seems to go off on tangents when answering questions. Notes are all on overhead's. He is fine to understand.

Dr Wildberger - Has no notes, nor does he use any other notes. Does not use pc/overheads, does everything straight on the blackboard, which I quite like. Teaches quite simply and explains it well.

Calculus:
Dr Tisdell - Interesting, encourages good class participation. Notes are good and contain lots of real world practical applications and he makes it more exciting. That being said, he moves quite fast (he seems to think he is behind?) and I'm not sure I understand everything at first.

Dr Blennerhasset - While I'm not a huge fan of his, he does explain the maths well. His lecture notes still annoy me and he uses the slides too much.

im in the first lecture stream for higher maths 1b, have a lecture on wednesday and thursday

man i hope i get tisdell ( i think its trisdell lol) in second year, he looks like he'd be a very good lecturer from all his videos

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Algebra:

Calculus:

Wildberger's a machine, does everything from his head.

untouchablecuz

HSC
im in the first lecture stream for higher maths 1b, have a lecture on wednesday and thursday

man i hope i get tisdell ( i think its trisdell lol) in second year, he looks like he'd be a very good lecturer from all his videos
oo same. i was the guy who came in late on wednesday, i was wearing black adidas trackies lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)