God wants gays dead, says beauty queen (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
was it not you who said that god was an unproven speculation?...I'm pretty sure the corinthians quote at the end of the first page clearly mentios homosexuality as well...Its in there and as I say, We try to obey the laws set out in the old testament but do not dish out the punishments, they are still laws laid down by god

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
yes, after jkouhry said that my statement regarding the prevalence of homosexuality was unproven speculation (which i have since provided some documentation to back up my claim. Proof i guess, would be a scientific study proving the existance of god.

Ok so, christians still accept the laws etc in the OT, but do not enforce them?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
but it isnt subjective at all, it is not proven by science, therefore unproven speculation

pman

Banned
HSC
It's blind faith, they don't care for proof.
No, I have reasonable documentry proof of gods existance....exactly the same as would get me out of a charge of serving alcohol to a minor.

I believe I have proof...You may view my proof as a series of coincidences but i choose not to believe in coincidence

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Isn't the whole point of God that there is no proof and you have to have faith?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I don't want to get into an argument with anyone on the forum, but I would also like to weight in. The following is my opinion. I am not making it vocal in the hope to persuade anyone to relinquish their own opinion or belief, but to provide an extra perspective on the situation. If it is completely contrary to what you believe, please don't give it a second thought. You are entitled to your opinion just as much as I am.

Leviticus, as stated, is a book in the old testament mainly comprised of rules, laws and punishment. As to who wrote the book, there are two common beliefs. Moses, as I have researched, seems to be the most common believed author. Another opinion is that since Leviticus is a book of priestly rules that perhaps the clergy of the time came together and wrote it.
Either way, it is my personal belief that whoever wrote it, was only one man or one group of men. Over time, society and it's values have changed. I don't believe we can fall back on a book of rules that were written to guide the people of a completely different era. Furthermore, what's to say that whoever did write the book didn't have a personal agenda or was influenced by someone else. Of course, it is a distinct possibility that whoever wrote it was influenced by God, but it is also a very distinct possibility that were influenced by the world. There's no way of knowing, however. That is why 'rules' should change as society changes.
I do not believe the Bible to be outdated, as it inspires many people to do good. Still, I believe the parts that cause division in society, especially so many years later, should not be relied upon to govern the spiritual lives or the morals of a people who are so different from those who the rules were written for.

/opinion

ilikebeeef

HSC
"In Leviticus it says: 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.'
"The Bible is pretty black and white
"I feel like God himself created mankind and he loves everyone, and he has the best for everyone.
"If he says that having sex with someone of your same gender is going to bring death upon you, that's a pretty stern warning, and he knows more than we do about life."
Doesn't everyone in the end die anyway? LOL

The Bible is not black and white. It is full of metaphors which can be interpreted in different ways, and has some major contradictions.

Why else would God write it in the bibble and the quran if it wasn't true.
God has a hand now? What pen does he use?

Jks. God doesn't write. Humans do.

pman

Banned
HSC
lots of people also believe that homeopathy works
Including the medical industry to an increasing extent...If you think it will work, it greatly increases the chances it will

faith=/=proof but I sadly really lack in the faith stakes, I have what i take as proof...This is my point when I said define preoof, Its subjective

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So did Nostradamus. If you make a lot of vague predictions, some are bound to be right.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Then why are there scientific facts stated inside the Bible hundreds of years before they were recognised by humanity?

Job 38:16 - States there are springs underneath the ocean - something science discovered in the 1970s with the help of submarines that were constructed to withstand 6,000 pounds-per-square-inch pressure.

Johah 1:5-6 States there are mountains at the bottom of the ocean - something we haven't discovered until the last century.

Genesis 2:1-2 - First law of thermodynamics was established.

Isaiah 40:22 - States the earth is a sphere at a time where it was widely believe to be flat.

Job 38:24 - States light can be divided. Something discovered by Issac Newton, yet stated by God 4000 years ago.

Genesis 1:9-10 - Continents created as one large land mass.

Genesis 7:11 - Continental drift.

Job 38:29-30 - Ice Age inferred.

Matthew 25:30, Judge 1:13, Isaiah 50:3 - Black holes and dark matter anticipated.

As I said, it's all subjective. Believe it if you want.
lol m8 cmon im trying to be serious here

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Including the medical industry to an increasing extent...If you think it will work, it greatly increases the chances it will

faith=/=proof but I sadly really lack in the faith stakes, I have what i take as proof...This is my point when I said define preoof, Its subjective
the medical industry does not accept that homepathy works m8

HSC
What is the point of this thread?

We all know that Abrahamic faiths condemn homosexuality, like, end of story, like.

pman

Banned
HSC
the medical industry does not accept that homepathy works m8
And you have done a case study on this in the past 12 months have you....I'm just quoting the PDHPE course. It's about the holistic view of disease treatment...It will increase your chances if you believe it will, It'll do nothing for you or me because deep down, we don't believe it will, we belive we are taking a placebo but if you belive in it, it can have an effect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)