hair (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Originally posted by Emily02
THANKS!!
I think that cost me about $49.. it didnt take that long either n i thought it would be more expensive, but i really liked it too!!:D
kool
thats so cheap!
mine'd prolly take a while to do, its so thick

my hair 4 my yr 10 formal took 3hrs to do...1.5hrs under the dryer, and the curls'd fallen out heaps after a few hrs

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah how come when i curl my hair, it just goes straight again :(

alby

cool duckie
HSC
is it kinda thick? mine doesnt curl other than the lil bit o natural curls i've got....other than that i've gotta use rags (lil bits of material...not wat most o u guys r prolly tinkin lol) n keep em in ova night n it goes kinda curly

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i got a straight perm, looks like the end of curly hair for me

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
yeah how come when i curl my hair, it just goes straight again :(
is you hair fairly fine? coz i no fine hair and similar fall out of curls pretty easy, theres not enough strength in the hair to hold the curls in place

Originally posted by babydoll_
i got a straight perm, looks like the end of curly hair for me
cool! how much was it?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Mine was long past my shoulders and it has very dry and brittle ends....l got it cut on monday and now l have a fricking bob :(

savannah

my hairs up to my boobs but i want to have botecelli hair so im saving up 1000 dollars to get proper extensions... its kind of a deep chestnutty brown wavy and i have a fringe but i dont "use" it... EVERYONE DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR IT KILLS IT AND DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT USE A STRAIGHTENER BAD BAD BAD..
i know... i have experienced... ive spent 700 on treatments and eventually had to cut it... its hard to part with something after u have been through so much... ive been blonde... and brown.. NEVER AGAIN.. evil dye... evil bleach..evil straightener.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
cool! how much was it?
$30 :)
go asia lol. i got it done overseas.
my hair is up to my elbows roundabouts, and i guess youd call it medium-thick

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by alby
kool
thats so cheap!
mine'd prolly take a while to do, its so thick

my hair 4 my yr 10 formal took 3hrs to do...1.5hrs under the dryer, and the curls'd fallen out heaps after a few hrs
yeh mine took over 4 hoursincluding about 1.5-2 hrs under the dryer.My curls lasted pretty well.. my formal was on a boat and the curls just dropped from being outside on the deck..

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by savannah
my hairs up to my boobs but i want to have botecelli hair so im saving up 1000 dollars to get proper extensions... its kind of a deep chestnutty brown wavy and i have a fringe but i dont "use" it... EVERYONE DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR IT KILLS IT AND DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT USE A STRAIGHTENER BAD BAD BAD..
i know... i have experienced... ive spent 700 on treatments and eventually had to cut it... its hard to part with something after u have been through so much... ive been blonde... and brown.. NEVER AGAIN.. evil dye... evil bleach..evil straightener.
yeh I've never dyed my hair... my hairs straight but i sometimes use a straightener if i plait it and then want it straight.. but i dont use one regularly

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I put my hair in a towel and I just blow dry my hair a little bit after i wash it, then it dries eventually by itself.

savannah

u can get foils for 4.50 each in crows nest at hair on burlington. this is the cheapset ive found..... i think for a full head of foils is 120 and it doesnt matter how many colours u use.
instead of foils u can just get the colours "painted" on, i think this is better as a lot of ppl complain about foils "leaking" at the roots and leaving blotchiness. it may be slightly more expensvie but it looks far more natural. they use this technique at "made in paris" salons in mosman and manly.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
EVERYONE DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR IT KILLS IT AND DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT USE A STRAIGHTENER BAD BAD BAD..
i know... i have experienced... ive spent 700 on treatments and eventually had to cut it
1) the hair we see is already dead, the only 'alive' hair is within the follicle
2) if you do it properly, it does little damage
3) any minor damage it does, can easily be repaired with decent leave in conditioners, deep conditioning treatments and using protective products before straightening

ye i used t every day for 2 yrs.... now im scared to even blow dry it
which is excessive, of course it will damage the hair

Last edited:

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
well i straighten my hair with a muster once a week and my hair hasnt suffered a bit. it used to be up to my waist but i got sick of it and now its a bit below my sholders with plenty of layers.
half the time i dont bother with the hair dressers and just cut my own layers - especially around my face. its dead easy (most of the time).
my hairs ginger and i probably wouldnt dye it cos i like the colortoo much. although i have been told to go blonde, its not ganna happen.
annnd i never blow dry it. i once blowdried and straightened it and it was soo dry and fluffy and terrible. never again i say.

savannah

1. i know
2. not if your hair is already in bad condition. if its in good condition it will deteriorate
3. leave in conditioners only work after long periods of use (6 months or more)plus many contain silicone which coats the hair rather than penetrate the hair. Damaged hair is porous... so it can absorb sonditioners and treatments easily but in this same way the conditioners and treatments levae the hair much faster then on non damaged hair. the only way to get rid of damaged hair properly is to cut it off u cannot "repair" damaged hair. for example. split ends... u cant stick them back together u have to cut them off.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeh split ends just turn into bigger split ends if ur hair dosnt get trimmed or cut

savannah

they split all the way up the shaft or split into heaps of ends... its amazing u can get 5 ended hairs.......

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
yeh split ends just turn into bigger split ends if ur hair dosnt get trimmed or cut
Someone at my school has straightened her hair for the past two years...

l'd hate to be the ends of her hair..l really would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)