• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
raiders771 said:
a thought occured to me but could victoire and ted actually be related, i cant mistaken reading somewhere that sirius was related to molly and there was a connection between sirius and nymphadora or something along those lines... so we could possibly have an incest relationship on our hands quite freaky
sirius and tonks are cousins, as for molly/serius, i read that all pure blood families are related and inter-connected in some way.

atreus

HSC
molly and sirius are related through marriage, not by blood. what does "twice removed" mean?

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Atreus Twice removed according to http://www.genealogy.com/16_cousn.html means:
Twice removed means that there is a two-generation difference. You are two generations younger than a first cousin of your grandmother, so you and your grandmother's first cousin are first cousins, twice removed.

Can anyone give me a run down on whats in the encyclopedia. I thought it would just be words and definitions and stuff of the like but what people are saying tells me otherwise. sorry if its a dumb question.

Last edited:
HSC
lisajf said:
Can anyone give me a run down on whats in the encyclopedia. I thought it would just be words and definitions and stuff of the like but what people are saying tells me otherwise. sorry if its a dumb question.
Not dumb.

It'll probably have what most words mean, it will have the past and future of some of the characters. Hogwarts, the Ministry, everything that didn't make it into the Deathly Hallows will be in this book.

On July 24, 2007, Rowling announced in an interview that she "probably will" write an encyclopedia of the Harry Potter world, which would include background information cut from the narrative as well as post-Deathly Hallows information, including details of what happens to the other characters, who the new Hogwarts headmaster is, and more.[/QUOTE]

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
oh okay sweet. thanks for that. sounds better than what i thought it would be.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
ive read through this entire fan fic of HP7 which was released before Deathly Hallows, and ive got to say... i am alot more satisfied with this fan fic than i am with DH.

This book focuses too much on H & G and H & R's sexual tensions etc... and is too obsessed with making everyone a couple, but the general story line i liked better than JKR's version.

Harry kills Voldemort with Avada Kedavra (because Harry is powered by Love and all that bullshit), but his killing of voldemort makes a horcrux (a snitch), which is chucked into the veil after Voldy. AND THEN harry goes to the in-between place (kings cross in DH), and the book takes about 100 pages to describe the aftermath, and then an epilogue at R and H's wedding 4 years later.

A bizarra twist is that Dudley is actually a wizard, and in the epilogue there is a newspaper article of Vernon and Petunia being found dead, no explained causes and Dudley being sighted in the village that day (aka Dudders turns evil)

Hmm i can honestly say reading this has ruined my experience of DH, whilst it was good in some aspects it was shockingly corny in others.
where be this fanfic, i'd be interested in reading it

Cai Zhi Long

HSC
Fan fiction focuses too much on unbelievable and ludicrous concepts to satisfy the author's own sexual desires, frustrations and outcomes. Deathly Hallows was brilliant.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
... Where is everyone getting those avatars from? It's probably been said before, but I've been sick. As in really, really sick.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
pffft wit fan fic really, people you need to look at the positivesin the book not the neagtives. its so frustrating look at the book as a whole entity not just at the epilogue!!! I know epilogue=kinda crap but who cares the rest of the book was fantastic. And harry making a horcrux!!! lol seriously that is DARK magic and harry's soul was not unstable therefor it is unrealistic. The only reason harry became a horcrux is because voldemorts soul was too unstable.

HSC
lisajf said:
pffft wit fan fic really, people you need to look at the positivesin the book not the neagtives. its so frustrating look at the book as a whole entity not just at the epilogue!!! I know epilogue=kinda crap but who cares the rest of the book was fantastic. And harry making a horcrux!!! lol seriously that is DARK magic and harry's soul was not unstable therefor it is unrealistic. The only reason harry became a horcrux is because voldemorts soul was too unstable.
Lol

That may be true, but i think that when you read fanfic there are other storylines and some are better than the real HP books, but its all about what you read and where you read it.

They do get your hopes up, but now we know what happens whats the use? Just read a few of them :p

Also i don't know if anyone has seen this, this is after Emma saw a few of dans pics-from his new movie :
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8130/emmashockkq2dd3.jpg

lol the reaction is very funny :lol: the pic on the page she's looking at is real..

Edit: get well sick guy :p

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Lol

That may be true, but i think that when you read fanfic there are other storylines and some are better than the real HP books, but its all about what you read and where you read it.

They do get your hopes up, but now we know what happens whats the use? Just read a few of them :p

Also i don't know if anyone has seen this, this is after Emma saw a few of dans pics-from his new movie :
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8130/emmashockkq2dd3.jpg

lol the reaction is very funny :lol: the pic on the page she's looking at is real..

Edit: get well sick guy :p
hahahaha :rofl: i dont blame her really, Dan looks so gay in the photo she's holding. Emma's top (or whatever she's wearing) and the ring are really nice :eek:

HSC
MaNiElla said:
hahahaha :rofl: i dont blame her really, Dan looks so gay in the photo she's holding. Emma's top (or whatever she's wearing) and the ring are really nice :eek:
Yeah but she didn't just see that pic, she saw like 4 or more. lol

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Lol

Fan fic is some idiot who is obsessed with either a movie, book or game using someone elses characters and passing them off with a slightly different storyline. Characterisation is key in creating a good story and if you steal someone elses characters then you're hardly being original.

Even if the writing is quality, it's still a despicable medium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)