Hey New Yr 11's!!! (1 Viewer)

Mythril

HSC
That is really bugging me since you used light years in a sense of time when they're a unit of distance.

Anyway good luck to all of you and make sure you use your free periods to study and go over concepts you don't understand, will save time doing stuff at home
Nope, I used it knowing that light year was a unit of distance of just under 10 trillion kilometres since we learnt about it this year. Since everyone here was saying how it was ages away (in a time sense), I decided to be innovative and describe it using a unit of distance instead of time since a light year is still pretty far away in terms of distance afterall.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
starting at a new school next year. such a change and ill have to adapt to the expectations of other teachers
oh well, change for the better :)
my changes:
-pink uniform, gross :/
-5 periods a day instead of 6 at wghs
-major chance of geting lost cos the school is massive
-new friends
-build and experiment more study habits
-wont be getting home earliest at 5pm everyday! :D

kindof looking forward to it all :)

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC
Without trying to sound overtly nerd or pathetic, is anyone else actually sorta looking forward to year 12?

Like, sure, I don't think anyone is going to be grateful for the exam stress and extra workload, but we just have one final hurdle left to conquer to leave school, and then theres Uni, moving out and basically becomming an "adult" so the rest is all good. The light is there at the end of the tunnel IMO.

For the past 12 years, the HSC has been getting closer and closer but until now always too far away into the future to worry about. Now we're actually "here" and get to face the HSC and actually see how we shape up compared to everyone else (and all the years before us). Anyone else find the prospect at least slightly exciting? (admitidly however, a little daunting it may be)...

Bring it on!* :)

*K no-one quote this back at me in 18 months when we're all up to here *points to above head* in work and have like 20+ hours of exams which decide much of our future in 2 weeks bearing down on us :haha:

NewiJapper

HSC
HAHA. I'm really sorry but some of you are expecting too much of yourselves. Mind you, most of you probably will stick to your promises to yourself about studying etc. But honestly most of it will fall apart to some degree.

My main message though is don't set your bar to achieve too high because somewhere along the line you will be dissappointed, but you just have to pick those feet up and start runnin' again.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
YEAR 11 FTW! :) definately OVER excited :D less than 2 weeks till school starts. YAY! :p

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
study study study. HARDCORE TIME! :) no more procrastination.

musing

HSC
Holy crap, only two weeks left?!

The last time I checked, we had three weeks left of holidays! :eek:

-JD

HSC
Yep yr 11 2010 represent lol :p

Its a kind of odd phenomenon but I am quite looking forward to what the next 2 years will hold. Like most of you I'm quite determined to develop good study habits with regular revision, it's gonna be quite a big transition for me from minimal to no study habits the past few years, I find the prospect of how I will perform when I apply myself quite exciting.

Anyway I wish the best to all of you in your studies, for those who aren't feeling too excited or motivated (which was me up until this year) the best you can do is take interest in your studies. I find that enjoying something is more of a perspective than anything, if you have the right mindset I think it helps to stay more motivated and on task. If your feeling a bit cbf and lazy, then just think less than 2 years and we're finished school, then its all a new beginning, set your mind on future aspirations and use the goal to give you the motivation to achieve. Although im not much to talk really most of you already have a pretty good idea about this whole process, but thats what I feel about the next 2 years

I just realised how much of a nerd I sound, but I guess that if we all didn't have a bit of an inner-nerd we wouldn't be on this site :p

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I'm Not, isnt everyone that post on this board defined as nerdy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)