Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
And you can take the bible literally in modern times.
So you believe in literally stoning to death blasphemers, adulterers, a women who is not a virgin on her wedding night, worshippers of other gods, rebellious children, witches and wizards, those who break the sabbath and those who curse the king?

It's all in your bible.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/stoning.html

How do I act literally in accordance with these parts of the bible? If not, how do you pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow?

Could it be that they are part of an outdated and irrelavant morality that doesn't make sense out of their ancient context?

Last edited:

masterchief111

HSC
The bible was set for all times, not just a aspecific period of time and can can edit it whenever you fel it's "outdated".

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
if you look at that my interpretation of that is that it is sinful and the punishment for sin is death. i could be wrong in my interpretation though.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
So if you take a literal reading of the bible, shouldn't you advocate for homo's to be put to death?

Society is sinfull and not in line with the bible.

Why is putting homo's to death wrong?

I don't think you really are a biblical literalist, the idea is insane.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
masterchief111 said:
The bible was set for all times, not just a aspecific period of time and can can edit it whenever you fel it's "outdated".
So it's okay to ignore certain parts of the bible. How do you know which ones to disregard?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i dont believe in killing anybody.I think that is Gods place
john 8
ut Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it's ok to be lesbian as the bible only talks about men sleeping with other men.

boris

Banned
HSC
didnt we discuss the idea of the bible not being culturally relevent anymore? like, in terms of burning fags at the stake and slavery and women being second class, etc?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
p.s. Leviticus 20:13 could simply mean that it is a physical impossibility for a man to lie with another man, as they don't have a vadge.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
boris said:
didnt we discuss the idea of the bible not being culturally relevent anymore? like, in terms of burning fags at the stake and slavery and women being second class, etc?
you had me until you somehow implied that women shouldn't be second class to men

blakegman

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
p.s. Leviticus 20:13 could simply mean that it is a physical impossibility for a man to lie with another man, as they don't have a vadge.
Pretty sure they knew about the dirt highway by then didn't they.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
stazi said:
it's ok to be lesbian as the bible only talks about men sleeping with other men.
ROMANS 1
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

boris

Banned
HSC
stazi said:
you had me until you somehow implied that women shouldn't be second class to men
ok stas

btw i was asked who would i prefer for a husband on fb, out of you and steven thai

i picked suicide

stazi

Nightman
HSC
boris said:
ok stas

btw i was asked who would i prefer for a husband on fb, out of you and steven thai

i picked suicide
what about a husband IRL?

wanna get hitched?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
...yeah, if you interpret that verse to suit an anti-homosexual agenda. you could just as easily interpret it to suggest that 'the natural use' is something else.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
...yeah, if you interpret that verse to suit an anti-homosexual agenda. you could just as easily interpret it to suggest that 'the natural use' is something else.
Romans 1:26

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Romans 1:26

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
I put that one up before Em, i think some people dont want to accept the verse.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what are natural relations? unnatural relations could imply adultery or bigamy (having one husband is a natural relation).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I put that one up before Em, i think some people dont want to accept the verse.
or rather some people see the bible as the be all and end all to living their lives, and will adapt the verses within the bible to suit their own agenda.

there is a plurality of meaning that can be derived from each of the verses. if you wanted to treat women as slaves, then you could adapt verses to suit that need; if you wanted to believe that black people own the earth, you could, again, do the same.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
or rather some people see the bible as the be all and end all to living their lives, and will adapt the verses within the bible to suit their own agenda.

there is a plurality of meaning that can be derived from each of the verses. if you wanted to treat women as slaves, then you could adapt verses to suit that need; if you wanted to believe that black people own the earth, you could, again, do the same.
That is true. And people's interpretations tend to change, ie , women beign silent in church etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)