Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Who has said that ever? You have convincing arguments, USE THEM.
I use them with you often because behind all that rhetoric and Bible quotation is a basically rational person.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to determine similar for emtaylor.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Guys, don't you know that gay marriages interfere with existing marriages between a man and woman? They ruin it. I don't know how, but they do.

And clearly Christians have authority over marriages, as they were the ones who invested it. Nobody else before them had ever married before so they have jurisdiction over it.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Oh em gee, God wrote the Bible? I commend him on his creative mind and being the number 1 author of all time.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Emytaylor, I agreee wit u completely. The clarely were married. Dunt worry about these trolls. We kno the truth.

Do u have msn?? Itd b nice to talk to sum1 else who is a proper chrstain. Most of the people on here are so mean. Here's my msn: perditostreetstation@hotmail.com

I hope to talk later.

Messier111

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
they were married i have clearly shown you evidence that they were and you keep pulling ridiculous arguments to try and convince me that they were not. they were the bible clearly says they were. the whole idea that the word wife has been misinterpreted, it still meant the same thing, what else could it of meant. They got marriage from God.
Marriage is something that has ben practiced by civilisations all around the world for thousands of years, and it existed long before Christianity was invented.

Our politicians say that we shouldn't allow gay marriage in this country because it goes against our so-called Christian morals. Which is ridiculous because you don't have to be Christian to get married.

Religion should not be brought into politics.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Messier111 said:
Marriage is something that has ben practiced by civilisations all around the world for thousands of years, and it existed long before Christianity was invented.

Our politicians say that we shouldn't allow gay marriage in this country because it goes against our so-called Christian morals. Which is ridiculous because you don't have to be Christian to get married.

Religion should not be brought into politics.
It is a little more complicated than that.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Why does it have to be?
The thing is - at present there are too many people who would not support such changes to marriage laws.
Aaaand a persons religious and moral beliefs DO more often than not come into the equation on election day...
No matter how vociferously some will harp on about the evils of religion influencing politics - while we have equality , the beliefs of religious citizens are going to be relevant and influential in political matters.
Perhaps in 10 years or so , if current trends continue, there will be more people in favour and we might see some changes.
I just dont think there is enough widespread support as yet...could be wrong about that...just what i think for now.

Matt Samson

HSC
What is a relationship?

Should a relationship mean only two? Should all those entering into a relationship have to live with each other?

For example, lets say two lesbians want a child, and a homosexual man donates his sperm (or even just penetrates).

Then lets say both lesbians want the homosexual guy to also be involved with the child and he agrees.

Cant there be a legally recognised relationship there where the lesbian couple are the "custodial" parents while the guy is also legally recognised as a parent but in a different sort of way?

I don't think "civil unions" really solve anything.

Consenting adults should be allowed to enter into any sort of relationship they want.

Why not allow a Big Love type relationship as well?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
What is a relationship?

Should a relationship mean only two? Should all those entering into a relationship have to live with each other?

For example, lets say two lesbians want a child, and a homosexual man donates his sperm (or even just penetrates).

Then lets say both lesbians want the homosexual guy to also be involved with the child and he agrees.

Cant there be a legally recognised relationship there where the lesbian couple are the "custodial" parents while the guy is also legally recognised as a parent but in a different sort of way?

I don't think "civil unions" really solve anything.

Consenting adults should be allowed to enter into any sort of relationship they want.

Why not allow a Big Love type relationship as well?
Whoa :)
Lotsa questions.
All i wil say is that Big Love type relationships are a concern as they could be exploited for all manner of purposes...but these are all questions that one person alone cannot decide.

Matt Samson

HSC
*TRUE* said:
Whoa :)
Lotsa questions.
All i wil say is that Big Love type relationships are a concern as they could be exploited for all manner of purposes...but these are all questions that one person alone cannot decide.
If consenting adults agree how can it be a relationship of being exploited?

As long as minors are NOT ALLOWED to enter legal sexual relationships (which involve a contract), I see no problem with it.

I see no problem with any voluntary sexual / parental relationship between adults or groups of adults.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
What's to stop people abusing marriages as they currently stand for the same reason?

The point is that people shouldn't be denied the right to enter into any sexual relationship contract/whatever they like, just because SOME may abuse the system.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
The point is that people shouldn't be denied the right to enter into any sexual relationship contract/whatever they like, just because SOME may abuse the system.
Uh what? Peter File Justifications 101

For the record, the Commonwealth does recognise marriages to multiple partners in limited, ingidenous circumstances - partly for cultural reasons, but mostly because it would be a nightmare to prohibit

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faith, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it
`~~***1 Cor. 10:13***~~``

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)