Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Re: the 'one flesh' marriage thing

That concept of marriage no longer exists in Australia.

Does this mean that the current embodiment of marriage would not be recognised by God?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
marriage is pretty cool, i totally get it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Re: the 'one flesh' marriage thing

That concept of marriage no longer exists in Australia.

Does this mean that the current embodiment of marriage would not be recognised by God?
It does exist, just rare. The concept of marriage is still there just people are not as committed and do not take it as seriously.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
what is this for ur mod application form or something.
Do you think with god's help homo's can be fixed emy, or should they simply resign themselves to dying alone?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
2 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

God giving her to adam like a father does

23 The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman, [j] '
for she was taken out of man."

believed to be a love song

24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

the whole idea of marriage, they are united as one

25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

they are refered to here as man and wife.

What idea of marriage?
THEY WERE, APPARENTLY, THE FIRST PEOPLE ON EARTH. WHERE DID THEY GET THE IDEA OF MARRIAGE FROM. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MARRY, THERE WAS NOBODY ELSE FOR THEM TO SCREW.

IT STILL DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE THAT THEY WERE MARRIED, OR THAT ANY CEREMONY OF COMMITTMENT WAS PERFORMED.

FFSFFSFFSFFSFFS

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Graney said:
Do you think with god's help homo's can be fixed emy, or should they simply resign themselves to dying alone?
I dont see why homosexuality should be looked upon any worse than any other sin, esp. not any other sexual sin
God can help , yeah , of course.
I dont know about 'fixing' them though :)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
What idea of marriage?
THEY WERE, APPARENTLY, THE FIRST PEOPLE ON EARTH. WHERE DID THEY GET THE IDEA OF MARRIAGE FROM. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MARRY, THERE WAS NOBODY ELSE FOR THEM TO SCREW.

IT STILL DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE THAT THEY WERE MARRIED, OR THAT ANY CEREMONY OF COMMITTMENT WAS PERFORMED.

FFSFFSFFSFFSFFS
This seems like a stupid argument to me.
I see marriage as being a lifelong commitment, a promise made before God and each other.
All the papers etc , just a political, cultural and religious convention.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
This seems like a stupid argument to me.
I see marriage as being a lifelong commitment, a promise made before God and each other.
All the papers etc , just a political, cultural and religious convention.
*facepalms*

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I dont see why homosexuality should be looked upon any worse than any other sin, esp. not any other sexual sin
God can help , yeah , of course.
I dont know about 'fixing' them though :)
Oh ok cool, so rape is equal to homosexuality? Good to know.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
What idea of marriage?

FFSFFSFFSFFSFFS
they were married i have clearly shown you evidence that they were and you keep pulling ridiculous arguments to try and convince me that they were not. they were the bible clearly says they were. the whole idea that the word wife has been misinterpreted, it still meant the same thing, what else could it of meant. They got marriage from God.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
I think that certain sins are not as bad as some. When it comes to sexual sin i think that is worse then other sins, just like i think that rape and murder are worse. I think that sexual sin is worse then regular sin because you are uniting the body of christ with a person you are not married to or a person of the same sex.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
they were married i have clearly shown you evidence that they were and you keep pulling ridiculous arguments to try and convince me that they were not. they were the bible clearly says they were. the whole idea that the word wife has been misinterpreted, it still meant the same thing, what else could it of meant. They got marriage from God.
Fuck me.
You are seriously fucking stupid beyond comprehension. You have not proved they were married. You have used the same Biblical quotes again and again, trying to imply they were husband and wife, using our understanding of the word wife.

We have already told you, many times, what the word wife meant at the time the Bible was written. You also seem not to comprehend that words have different meanings in translation.

The term originated from the Middle English wif, from Old English wīf, woman, wife, from Germanic * wībam, woman, related to Modern German Weib (woman, wife),[1] from the Indo-European root ghwībh-; wīb, literally meaning "vagina".[2]. (Compare the semantic transfer of the modern word "cunt".) The original meaning of “wife” as simply “woman”, unconnected with marriage, is preserved in words like “midwife” and “fishwife”.
You make me rage beyond any rage I have ever felt.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Fuck me.
You are seriously fucking stupid beyond comprehension. You have not proved they were married. You have used the same Biblical quotes again and again, trying to imply they were husband and wife, using our understanding of the word wife.

We have already told you, many times, what the word wife meant at the time the Bible was written. You also seem not to comprehend that words have different meanings in translation.

You make me rage beyond any rage I have ever felt.
i believe there was a wedding i am not going to think any different.

Literal word for word translations say Wife. I would like to no the source for that quote.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
i believe there was a wedding i am not going to think any different.

Literal word for word translations say Wife. I would like to no the source for that quote.
Google is the motherfucking source for that quote, because if you had half a brain you'd do some fucking independent research instead of being such an ignorant, uneducated, infuriating moron.

YOU BELIEVE THERE WAS A WEDDING DESPITE THERE BEING NOTHING WRITTEN ABOUT A WEDDING. YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Google is the motherfucking source for that quote, because if you had half a brain you'd do some fucking independent research instead of being such an ignorant, uneducated, infuriating moron.

YOU BELIEVE THERE WAS A WEDDING DESPITE THERE BEING NOTHING WRITTEN ABOUT A WEDDING. YOU'RE AN IDIOT.
i have shown you what was written about a wedding, if you dont think that was a wedding that is your own problem, btw it did not come back with anything when i google searched it

Alvik

HSC
Enteebee said:
Back in the 70's in Australia you could go to jail for sodomy for up to, if I recall correctly, 14 years. Double that of rape back then.

Thank god times have changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)