• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i agree too. Human rights are whatever we insist they are.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i am glad you replied

-

i exist in the world as a human being
i desire the following things...
these are the human rights that the world owes me

/case closed

Lentern

HSC
These malicious, unfair attacks on Iron cause me pain. I am rapidly begining to sympathise with homophobia because of the polarising behaviour of all these so called "progressives". I must pray on this.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I knew youd come round when you saw the lion bleeding in battle lentern

And youre shit Sylvester :eek:

brittanica-

HSC
Battling for Christianity is difficult, if not pointless, when the other side dont even accept God. I cant only really talk to good people like Lentern tbh.

Sufficed to say that the rest of you are doomed to an eternity of torments for your arrogant sin

Also, dont reply humandic

you are the most closeminded person to ever walk the earth iron

tut tut tut
god would be very dissapointed in your attitude towards hisother children!!!

Garygaz

HSC
In my opinion I'd be happy to let them have civil ceremonies and become a 'couple' with the same legal and tax rights, but not be recognised as married. Mostly because marriage for thousands of years has been between a man and a woman, and I like my tradition. It feels as though it's like a giraffe arguing 'No, I'm a mother fucking elephant'. No, you're not. Why does the homosexual community want to be recogonised as something which explicitly states a union between man and woman. Que?

HSC
traditions change.. yes?
women, negros, indigenous australians etc are being granted more rights than what they were previously afforded... so why shouldn't the gay community be allowed a small thing that has absolutely no effect on the heterosexual community?
Yeah. The logic of doing things because 'we've always done it' could allow us to do any number of atrocities...e.g. Oppress the Aboriginals, oppress women...

pman

Banned
HSC
why would a homosexual want to get involved in a religious practice of a religion that condenms them?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Not really the religion it self, as im pretty sure the ORIGINAL bible had stuff about homosexuality that bible followers did, but more along the lines of idiots who dont like them.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
why would a homosexual want to get involved in a religious practice of a religion that condenms them?

it's a legal thing, not a religious thing.

otherwise it wouldn't be up to the government to decide.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
In my opinion I'd be happy to let them have civil ceremonies and become a 'couple' with the same legal and tax rights, but not be recognised as married. Mostly because marriage for thousands of years has been between a man and a woman, and I like my tradition. It feels as though it's like a giraffe arguing 'No, I'm a mother fucking elephant'. No, you're not. Why does the homosexual community want to be recogonised as something which explicitly states a union between man and woman. Que?
Who says that? Religion, when it got involved in marriage, and the government/law, which took its cues from religion. Not necessarily an unbiased authority, eh.

pman

Banned
HSC
marraige was not originally a legal device, it was originally a union between man and wife proposed in many religions, no-one is sure when it started but itwas undoubtedly religious in origin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)