• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters
HSC
I finally get that pic in your sig HD. hehehe (im not sloww.. Y-Y)

On topic: equal rights for everyone
Lol. Glad you like the pic. :D

And yes, equal rights for everyone. Continuing to deny homosexual couples the right to formally recognise their relationship suggests that, by nature, these relationships are inferior, which is incorrect and unfair. Now, even if certain people within the government disagree with homosexual marriage on an individual level, this should be about greater Australian values, not about their personal discomfort. We're a country which, for the most part, gives people a 'fair go'. In my opinion, this is a great value to have, and we are only compromising ourselves as a nation if we fail to be as universal as possible in enforcing this ideal.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
A functioning society needs babies. Homosexuals cannot offer life. They are unavoidably inferior relationships, you dunce. The more we close ourselves off to life, through concessions to homosexuals or pro-choicers or the euthanasia lobby or even radical feminists, the more dysfunctional this nation will become and the more imminent will its collapse be.

Our attitude to Life is the issue of the age. 'Equality' does not even rate.

C

copkiller

A functioning society needs babies.
Why do we need babies?

If everyone on earth decides to stop having babies and to live out the rest of their lives and be done with it, why is that such a problem. The planet would probably be better of without human intervention anyway.

Of course the whole argument is ridiculous since only around 10% of people are homosexual anyway, and we are currently facing problems with overpopulation.

I guess my point is that all your arguments are backed up by flawed assumptions that rely on religious dogma.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The western world is already grappling with the problems of low birth rates?
Massive social welfare systems will bleed us dry, make euthanasia politically unavoidable and ensure vast 3rd world migration which will bring about the end of the state system in potentially very violent ways

C

copkiller

The whole world is already grappling with the problems of low birth rates?
Massive social welfare systems will bleed us dry, make euthanasia politically unavoidable and ensure vast 3rd world migration which will have unknown, likely fatal results for the state system
The problem isn't low birth rates, its a lack of savings and a excessive dependence on social welfare that is the direct result of government intervention.

Without these terrible programs we would not feel this ridiculous need to have lots of babies so they can look after us when we are old. We should be saving for when we are old while we are young.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The money is useless. It's like sand. It is no solid foundation to build your life upon.

No government policy or personal financial/material prudence is at fault. To say that they are is just a cowardly deferral of personal responsibility. In reality the issue is a deep moral question which we are all called to answer: do we have the courage to choose life?

C

copkiller

The money is useless. It's like sand. It is no solid foundation to build your life upon.
Money is useful if it represents real savings and deffered consumption.

If people saved more, and thus invested more in real capital goods that can produce things in the future, they would be much more secure in their retirement and would not need government handouts.

It is not a question of choosing life at all. Fuck life. Prove that it is inherent valuable or sacred...

HSC
Our attitude to Life is the issue of the age. 'Equality' does not even rate.
I would have thought that views 'equality' are inherently *part* of an attitude to 'Life'. For example, Iron, would you not suggest, with your views on abortion, that our current laws ignore the *equal* right of the embryo to have their life valued?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Money is useful if it represents real savings and deffered consumption.

If people saved more, and thus invested more in real capital goods that can produce things in the future, they would be much more secure in their retirement and would not need government handouts.

It is not a question of choosing life at all. Fuck life. Prove that it is inherent valuable or sacred...
Lol if youre happy to store all meaning and value soley in material goods, then I wish you well. But this is the attitude that forms the very core of all our problems.

C

copkiller

Lol if youre happy to store all meaning and value soley in material goods, then I wish you well. But this is the attitude that forms the very core of all our problems.
What evidence do you have for this?

If we're happy pursing material goods, then by definition, how do we even have a problem?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I would have thought that views 'equality' are inherently *part* of an attitude to 'Life'. For example, Iron, would you not suggest, with your views on abortion, that our current laws ignore the *equal* right of the embryo to have their life valued?
The life is inherently valued. Its 'right' is not justified by any man-made institution.
But your HSC left-leaning rote answers merely hijack the meaning of 'equality' to invent a supposed right of any human behaviours to be viewed as valid and relative to any other. It is the same thing as rejecting notions of good and evil - rejecting God Himself.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What evidence do you have for this?

If we're happy pursing material goods, then by definition, how do we even have a problem?
See the problems i've alluded to earlier. The materialism you subscribe to is merely indicative of a selfishness that has been devastating to the family and has resulted in highly volatile personal relationships which bear few children, or emotionally crippled children. It demonstrates a total inability to look beyond yourself, to discipline your lusts and defer happiness - even suffer - for the good of others.

HSC
Right then. So does that mean you wouldn't mind if others treated you really horribly? Just so long as they valued your inherently valuable 'Life'?

HSC
Youve missed the bus again.
Oh. I'm sorry. Was that Iron, once again, reverting to a pathetic argumentum ad hominem, and completely failing to address my point, due to the fact that he could not come up with a logical counterpoint? Why, I *am* surprised.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You made no valid point. Can you understand this?

Frankly i'd prefer if society was honest and didnt respect my life. At least this would be consistent with its attitude to the unborn and elderly. The only thing keeping my life valued is my ability to earn a wage and consume material products.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Oh. I'm sorry. Was that Iron, once again, reverting to a pathetic ad hominem, and completely failing to address my point, due to the fact that he could not come up with a logical counterpoint? Why, I *am* surprised.
what twisted world did you grow up in.

Tangent

HSC
The western world is already grappling with the problems of low birth rates?
Massive social welfare systems will bleed us dry, make euthanasia politically unavoidable and ensure vast 3rd world migration which will bring about the end of the state system in potentially very violent ways
If people are already homosexual then they wont reproduce, by the "conventional" means anyway (which is ironic, seeming you are against IVF). Recognising rights and treating everybody like individuals instead of judging them on their religion, race, age, sexuality, mental/physical disability will ultimately lead to a happier and healthier society.

It's about preparing for the future. How can you buy food when you have no income? To continue your same level of lifestyle, you need to invest (housing, stockmarket (lol), etc.). If you can live off god and air, go for it. Just dont put other people down for their decisions.

It is the same thing as rejecting notions of good and evil - rejecting God Himself.
There is no such thing as good and evil, it is all relative. Since when is rejecting good and evil like rejecting god.... i must admit that that sounded cool, but made absolutely no sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)