• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
With limited personal experience you would question how reliable your sources are.

A very few people claim that regular sexual activity for pleasure is not good
A few people claim that frequent sexual activity with many partners is good.

The vast majority of people claim that regular sexual activity for pleasure is usually necessary for the vast majority of couples in a loving relationship. The vast majority of religious leaders would agree with this, including the churches.

There are a few that oppose this view, including the catholics. The catholic church no longer significantly campaigns against contraception in the west, you never hear them publicly railing against the pill, because for 40 years the message only served to alienate their followers, who found the preaching of a bunch of celibate for life men to be totally divorced from reality and completely unworkable within the realities of a marriage and human sexual needs.

It is impossible (and unhealthy, not just psychologically, but physiologically) for the average biological male with normal sexual hormones to live without regular sexual release, this is why we have masturbation, why not share this necessary function with a partner? Why is it worse for you to have sex with a partner, than to masturbate (which you do)?
what a bunch of bs assertions. Make more things up pls

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
100% of males masturbate, this is true. Every survey has said ~96% do so, and the 4% are likely lying. Saying it's possible to do otherwise, is like saying it's possible for a man to live in complete social isolation with no human contact. You could do so, in theory, but it's a fucking stupid proposition that goes against everything that drives us.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
100% 96% proCatholic
4% 0% improbable and fucking stupid proAthiest

Name_Taken

HSC
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3942-masturbating-may-protect-against-prostate-cancer.html
From the article:
Giles accepts the possibility that the men who completed the questionnaires could have lied about their habits.
"All these mechanisms are totally speculative," cautions breast cancer expert Loren Lipworth of the International Epidemiology Institute in Rockville, Maryland.

They interviewed 1079 different men, and nothing in the article would suggest that the results gathered were in any way conclusive. Yes its intersting, but at this stage has proved nothing.

I put it to you that you beat off 24/7.
I put it to you that I don't :). As a side note, I honestly don't see why my private life is becomming so central to your arguement.

If you wish to assert that I am a hypocrite, it just demonstrates your ignorace of everything we have been telling you. I am a sinner as are you. The difference is I try and resist my temptations to sin and don't take pride in myself when I fail.

BlackDragon

HSC
100% 96% proCatholic
4% 0% improbable and fucking stupid proAthiest
The number of people that actually practice christianity in Australia isn't that high. Most people who do, in any case, are quite passive in the application of any doctrine into their lives.

BlackDragon

HSC
This is mostly not a proper conversation in that one side is asking why god exists and the other side is stating theology. The questions and answers aren't congruent.

Last edited:

0bs3n3

HSC
100% of males masturbate, this is true. Every survey has said ~96% do so, and the 4% are likely lying. Saying it's possible to do otherwise, is like saying it's possible for a man to live in complete social isolation with no human contact. You could do so, in theory, but it's a fucking stupid proposition that goes against everything that drives us.
So you can just say they were lying?

The 96% were lying then.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
All males have masturbated before and I reckon all males would do it at the very least once a year (that's taking it to the extreme).

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Read the Book of Job (in the Bible obviously), God has asked people to suffer worse than absitnence. Christ had to experience torture and a slow, painful death, He probably wasn't too keen on that either.

Sexaul lust is not the only temptation God will test you will throughout your life, and it is one which everyone expreicnces, regardless of a persons confessed sexuality.

Resisting temptation doesn't mean you will always win. Humans cannot live a perfect life, but we can try and Christ died to redeeme us of our sins, we have only to accept and allow Him.
stop saying lust! its love you fool!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I never said it wans't "natural". Or that people shouldn't do it.

I said it should only be "used" in certain, very specific circumstances, i.e. between a man and a women, in marriage (as a loving, life-long committment to one another), in a celebration of God and the creation of life.

I also said its not essential to demonstrate love to one another or to have a loving relationship.
Well sure they should do it. I mean, you get sex AND a baby out of it right?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If you wish to assert that I am a hypocrite, it just demonstrates your ignorace of everything we have been telling you. I am a sinner as are you. The difference is I try and resist my temptations to sin and don't take pride in myself when I fail.
I don't mean to call you a hypocrite, but rather it be good to have a moral standard that some people could actually live up to, some of the time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)