Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
But as we are just assembleges of Carbon atoms interacting with other bodies of atoms, and since we serve no purpose, why shouldn't we exceede our murder rate exceede our death rate if we want to? I'm not acting for the "good" of the species, if I kill every other male as a means to prevent competition in regards to passing on my genes, I'm acting in my own self interest, which is only natural, you suggest and cannot therfore be "wrong".
Cooperation is essential for survival. A man cannot survive on his own.

Certain knowledge is instinctual and genetically inherited, the kind of knowledge that makes a horse afraid of snakes, but not of kittens.

We've evolved instinctual fears of social isolation because it leaves you very vulnerable. We also have a strong instinctual fear of committing violence against others due to the extreme negative repercussions that are likely to threaten our future reproductive success.

You're much more likely to survive to reproduce if you behave cooperatively with others.

Why is it, that you or I may run into a burning house to save a try and save a stranger from death? Such selflessness is not explainable with this narrow definition of our purpose.
How do you think people evaluate their sexual partners?

Performing selfless acts raises your social value and the perception of others as to your suitability as a reproductive partner. It gives potential sexual partners a positive impression of how you will care for them and any sexual progeny

Even if we did die out though, so what? Why do we even care about our own survival, let alone that of others like us?The universe wasn't created with us in mind and so it will hardely lament our demise or cease functioning. Why is it important to this collection of organic compounds to continue carrying out the various chemical reactions which permit the unlocking of chemical energy with which to carry out metabollic function, i.e live?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why?

(Apart from it's original purpose of ensuring bloodlines of descent)
For reasons outlined, you blind wench. Man and woman were created to comfort eachother in a monogomous, loving, life-creating union which mirrors the creative power of God. Any offenses against this union - such as its mockery thru the abuse of the gift of sex - is adultery and thus an offense against God.

Now start providing actual arguments and less question marks you bore

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
For reasons outlined, you blind wench. Man and woman were created to comfort eachother in a monogomous, loving, life-creating union which mirrors the creative power of God. Any offenses against this union - such as its mockery thru the abuse of the gift of sex - is adultery and thus an offense against God.

Now start providing actual arguments and less question marks you bore
But that all describes life AFTER marriage. Not before.

I get monogamy IN marriage. But how did sex before marriage ever become adultery to one's future marriage? It makes no sense.

Not mockery here dear, genuine confusion

Lentern

HSC
Wait so everyone's morals are the same?
Only the sickest, most reprehensible beings that walk this earth could deem punishing a harmless act of love and endearment with an eternity of torture to be moral. If you are one of the sickest, most reprehensible beings that walk this earth I apologise for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
God created man in his image and blessed us with the gift of free will to do as we please. However he did lay out a set of rules, which cannot be disputed.
If we are created in gods image, why did he gift us with the plethora of genetic diseases, and give us useless accessories such as the tail bone and the appendix.

The creator is all obligation and no responsibility for the suffering of his flawed creation.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But that all describes life AFTER marriage. Not before.

I get monogamy IN marriage. But how did sex before marriage ever become adultery to one's future marriage? It makes no sense.

Not mockery here dear, genuine confusion
Lol it's monogamous - just like our allegiance to One True God. When a man and a woman decide to leave their parents and join eachother, they do so under the eyes of God until death. Just as God doesnt say 'shop around among different gods, be unfaithful and see what interests you', he also commands faithfulness towards eachother. It's only in this way that real love can mature. Read the Golden Rules: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and love all of mankind as you love yourself.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol it's monogamous - just like our allegiance to One True God. When a man and a woman decide to leave their parents and join eachother, they do so under the eyes of God until death. Just as God doesnt say 'shop around among different gods, be unfaithful and see what interests you', he also commands faithfulness towards eachother. It's only in this way that real love can mature. Read the Golden Rules: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and love all of mankind as you love yourself.
But you can be faithful to someone while you're with them, and if you marry them, until death.

That still doesn't address life before marriage. Especially not now that people don't live with their parents until they are married.

Name_Taken

HSC
Even though the institution of marriage easily predates Abraham nor was it hijacked as a particularly religious thing to long after Jesus. You are a moral vacuum if you can devote yourself to a being whilst believing he will persecute in eternity people who have non marital sex because this same being arbitrarily decided it was wrong and expects people to accept what he says even if its arbitrary. If God is this cruel and nasty being you make him out to be I want nothing to do with him and nor should anyone who has even an iota of moral conviction.
If you accept God as your creator, then who are you to question his judgement on what is right or wrong?

He gave you the free will you are using now to question Him. If you believe it is in your interest to go against His word or to reject His love, you are allowed to.

God will not allow a person to decend into Hell, simply because they have had sex outside of marriage. God loves us all, he created us all, he doesn't want to punish us.

The only unforgivable sin is not accepting God, this is what causes someone to be sent to Hell. Anyone who has engaged in a sexual perversion can find faith and see the error of their ways and through Christ seek redemption.

God gave you free will to make your own decisions in this life. He also offers you the chance to redeme yourself, should you find faith, and realise the various sins against Him you have committed. Then he offers the faithful eternal life in Heaven. For this, he asks only that you reciocate His love to you back at Him, hardly what one could describe as "cruel" and "nasty".

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But you can be faithful to someone while you're with them, and if you marry them, until death.

That still doesn't address life before marriage. Especially not now that people don't live with their parents until they are married.
Like all choices of the individual, they are ultimately between them and God on their day of judgement. Sure, it may well be that a man and woman find themselves on a deserted island, fall in love and act totally consistent with the Christian udnerstanding of marriage. God may deem this a valid marriage, we dont know.

But we do know that marriage today is the greatest form of committment a man and woman can show. it demonstrates an intention to announce this love to the community, be bound by the law in certain aspects, and be formally united under God's eyes thru His Church. Sure you can have a long engagement and get to know the person - this shows a serious effort to be faithful forever - but the Church is clear that sex before marriage is adultery and it's likely that living together before marriage would be an unbearable temptation for most individuals and will result in adultery.

Name_Taken

HSC
Why so much hate? All He wants to do, is love you. He is offering to redeeme you of everything, every sinful action, every bad thought, and eternal life in Heaven.

Christ is not your enemy because He tells you things you don't want to hear. At least consider, that what He tells you is for your own good....

Surely, without considering everything else He has given you (life, free will etc.), you can appreciate His compassion? Why do you reject Him so coldly MingX?

Last edited:

0bs3n3

HSC
If we are created in gods image, why did he gift us with the plethora of genetic diseases, and give us useless accessories such as the tail bone and the appendix.
I thought we proved the tailbone serves a purpose? It is an attachment for various muscles, ligaments, etc. and without you could not defecate properly, lol.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
but the Church is clear that sex before marriage is adultery and it's likely that living together before marriage would be an unbearable temptation for most individuals and will result in adultery.
The Church may be, for formerly good reasons, but the Bible isn't. I'm still curious as to how this doctrine arose.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I thought we proved the tailbone serves a purpose? It is an attachment for various muscles, ligaments, etc. and without you could not defecate properly, lol.
various appendages like vestigial tails? (image search it yourself)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
You skip the appendix!

Also, we don't need our wisdom teeth to grind bones, nor do we need our "pinky" toe for balance.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You skip the appendix!

Also, we don't need our wisdom teeth to grind bones, nor do we need our "pinky" toe for balance.
What?

A more apt analogy regarding toes and primitive traits is to have a second toe longer than your big toe.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Church may be, for formerly good reasons, but the Bible isn't. I'm still curious as to how this doctrine arose.
Oh, sorry I didnt realise that you were a theologian too, ocean gurl. The Bible is clear and the church articulates the truth within it for our culture today. Youre just determined to disagree so you can try to justify your sin and reassure yourself that Christians have zero reason to believe what they believe.

What i've kindly outlined for you is the biblical clarity on a monogomous, life-long relationship between a man and a woman in which children are created and therefore in which sex is conducted. It is a union which glorifies God above all - not the expedience and convenience of either the man or the woman.
In this day and age, if youre unwilling to be married in a house of God, before a servant of God and amongst the faithful, then your committment to your 'partner' is not as deep as was intended. You show that love of God is not central to you and so therefore the love of eachother is not total. Youre hedging your bets and essentially leading a polygamous lifestyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)