Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh, and as i always do in these threads, once again, for ur pleasure

Dear Dr. Laura,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so yuor talking about a tranny.

i have a question . are all trannies gay ? or is there trannies that still like women
woops lol yeah i guess i forgot to mention it b4 haha

i recon all of them are gay.. i mean.. why would they change their sex? to be with other men... lol this whole topic is weird.. kinda.. nd confusing too

IM JUST SO HAPPY I WAS BORN NORMAL!!! LMAO

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
If I had to pick one thing I dislike about BoS these days, it'd be the fact that I can no longer tell the difference between trolls and people who are genuinely fucking retarded.
Hahahahaha <3

malkin86

HSC
On transsexuality: This article made me giggle, so I'll share:

Let's assume you're a fireman. You like being a fireman. You're a damn good fireman, too! Now, someone by the name of S. O'Ciety grabs you by the scruff of your neck, whips off your comfy red suspenders, sticks you in a tie, drops you in an office, and tells you you're a purchasing assistant for a large, multinational corporation. You didn't want to be a purchasing assistant... You're not even 100% sure what a purchasing assistant does. You wouldn't know how to do the job, and you probably wouldn't really want to. Sure, after a little while you would learn the ropes and make an okay purchasing assistant, but it's just not fire-fighting. You miss the fresh air, rubber pants, and speckled dogs, and you're just not happy with this stupid job, and you don't have anything in common with the other purchasing assistants.

Being a transsexual is like being a purchasing assistant: Your knowledge/instincts, preferences, and tastes just don't suit what society tells you are, and that makes it tough to keep going on every day... like going to a crappy, soul-draining job every day, except you never get to go home.
It's from http://venusenvy.keenspace.com/info.html - I like the comic. :)

Transsexuals can be gay, bi, or hetero, like everyone else - although what an outsider would consider a transsexual's sexuality to be depends on what an outsider considers the transsexual's sex to be.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
I will not go on trying to prove the physical existance of God, as it comes with people trying to find scientific proof. People fail to understand that God resides in a sphere exterior to our universe and so it is entirely impossible to scientifically prove the existance of God.

I will however try to convince you of why there NEEDS to be the existance of God. The main reason is for peace within mankind.

Man cannot live at peace with himself nor can peace be vouchsafed for society without the existance of God. With the existence of God and religion, man begins to respect other men with a higher and nobler object ie out of his respect and the obligation owed to his Creator, man begins to respect mankind.

One can therefore say that in essence, it is the love of God which is transformed into the love for his creation. Hypothetically remove God from the scenario for a while, and suddenly human relationships acquire a completely different perspective.

The vacuum created by the non-existence of God is suddenly filled by man's ego. It is a very naive and extremely ignorant philosophy that man can live without God.

What atheism ultimately achieves is not just the death of one God, but it suddenly brings to life a myriad of gods. Every conscious being that exists, suddenly acquires the role of god unto himself or itself.

Ego, selfishness and the total commitment to serve one's own ends grows stronger and all powerful.

Societies which are built with the bricks of such individuals, always remain egoistic and self oriented. There is no logic left in being beneficial to others without an ulterior motive. There is no external reference point left in the form of a beneficient God, who is the only binding and meeting point of all forms of creation.

Without returining to God, one cannot attain peace, and without that peace, peace in society cannot be built. All human efforts to create peace from selfish ulterior motives are bound to fail and come to nothing. If there is no God, peace cannot be attained. That is the ultimate wisdom.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
I would like to explain to people that views in this forum are purely dependant on individual thought. Therefore, if a person has a different view, they shouldn't be called an "idiot" or any other insult. Rather, their views should be challenged through intellect, reasoning and logical deductions. If for some reason, one persons logic doesn't appear logical to another person, then one should agree to disagree.

Also, my anologies concerning the existence of God such as that of hunger and the dilema of two presidents are purely for explanation through example. No anology can be exact and precise and fulfill every aspect of the idea being exemplified. Therefore, I must be pardoned if my anologies appear "flawed".

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

spank_meh said:
woops lol yeah i guess i forgot to mention it b4 haha

i recon all of them are gay.. i mean.. why would they change their sex? to be with other men.
Errr.

I'll assume you're just really uninformed. :)

Most transexuals and transvestites have a sense that they are the wrong sex; usually they've had a rough childhood and didn't fit in.

It has nothing to do with other people, but rather with the person themselves.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Riqtay

i am not gonna argue about god in this thread, but i would have to say that you claim that god lets all humans have more peace with each other and "man begins to respect other men with a higher and nobler object".

i dont see how that can translate into religion making people hate homosexuals. you pretend as if god is only about peace, but you defend yuor god against other religions , and people who u think god disapproves of, by declaring war against them

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
I will not go on trying to prove the physical existance of God, as it comes with people trying to find scientific proof. People fail to understand that God resides in a sphere exterior to our universe and so it is entirely impossible to scientifically prove the existance of God.
If it is impossible to prove the existence of God, no-one can know if God exists or not. Ergo, you cannot claim with a shred of certainty that there is a God.
Riqtay said:
I will however try to convince you of why there NEEDS to be the existance of God. The main reason is for peace within mankind.
Ah, again the wishful thinking approach. "We need a God because it would be bad without one." That in no way demonstrates the existence of God.
Riqtay said:
Man cannot live at peace with himself nor can peace be vouchsafed for society without the existance of God. With the existence of God and religion, man begins to respect other men with a higher and nobler object ie out of his respect and the obligation owed to his Creator, man begins to respect mankind.
No, man can live in peace without God. People can still respect each other without having to bow down to some deity. If you haven't heard, we have these things called "laws". They provide consequences for people who break them.
Riqtay said:
One can therefore say that in essence, it is the love of God which is transformed into the love for his creation. Hypothetically remove God from the scenario for a while, and suddenly human relationships acquire a completely different perspective.
All this is nonsensical. You are implying that people cannot have intimate, meaningful relationships without a deity. That is rubbish.
Riqtay said:
The vacuum created by the non-existence of God is suddenly filled by man's ego. It is a very naive and extremely ignorant philosophy that man can live without God.
Ah, irony returns. I would say that it is in fact a very naive and extremely ignorant philosophy that man can believe in God.
Riqtay said:
What atheism ultimately achieves is not just the death of one God, but it suddenly brings to life a myriad of gods. Every conscious being that exists, suddenly acquires the role of god unto himself or itself.
Again, utter rubbish. Atheism says no such thing. Just because people do not believe that there is a God does not mean they think of themselves as supreme beings.
Riqtay said:
Ego, selfishness and the total commitment to serve one's own ends grows stronger and all powerful.
We should all help each other for the greater wellbeing of humankind. But this in no way requires a deity.
Riqtay said:
Societies which are built with the bricks of such individuals, always remain egoistic and self oriented. There is no logic left in being beneficial to others without an ulterior motive. There is no external reference point left in the form of a beneficient God, who is the only binding and meeting point of all forms of creation.
1. Again, this says nothing about whether God exists or not, it is a wishful thinking argument. In other words, your argument is that "we'd be best believing in God even though it may not exist."

2. You must really think very poorly of the human species. I don't know about you but I for one believe that it is a good thing to help other people. I believe that is possible to steer society in a way that promotes the greatest happiness for the greatest number, and this does not require a deity.
Riqtay said:
Without returining to God, one cannot attain peace, and without that peace, peace in society cannot be built.
We no longer need God to be the big bad boogie man with the stick. We are a civilised world with laws now. Refer to my post here which addresses similar claims of yours.
Riqtay said:
All human efforts to create peace from selfish ulterior motives are bound to fail and come to nothing. If there is no God, peace cannot be attained. That is the ultimate wisdom.
No, it is the ultimate folly. Peace is attained through compassion and reason, not following religious dogma and believing in God simply because it would be good if there was one regardless that it may not exist.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
I would like to explain to people that views in this forum are purely dependant on individual thought. Therefore, if a person has a different view, they shouldn't be called an "idiot" or any other insult. Rather, their views should be challenged through intellect, reasoning and logical deductions. If for some reason, one persons logic doesn't appear logical to another person, then one should agree to disagree.
For the most part I agree. I would note however that for those of us who have actually studied reason and logic, it is somewhat ironic to direct that towards us.
Riqtay said:
Also, my anologies concerning the existence of God such as that of hunger and the dilema of two presidents are purely for explanation through example. No anology can be exact and precise and fulfill every aspect of the idea being exemplified. Therefore, I must be pardoned if my anologies appear "flawed".
Yes but what was said was that they are not comparable. The example is nonsensical because of the differences.

X

xeuyrawp

SashatheMan said:
thanks you moonlight for explaining why her post was so silly.
Heh, you needed it to be explained, sash?

PS -- MS, you have way too much time on your hands. Get back to holiday study :p

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Heh, you needed it to be explained, sash?

PS -- MS, you have way too much time on your hands. Get back to holiday study :p
explainign to her why its silly

ps MS keep up good work

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
You have to understand that homosexuality has with it many disadvantages. You should check out the many statistics that have been posted by a forum member, which I won't describe now.

Also, the assumptions made by Sashatheman that Islam forces others in the belief of God and Islam is totally incorrect. Am I forcing you to conform to my belief? I am merely explaining my viewpoints on the subject and am open to your views as well.

I would like it if any athiest in this formun could explain to me why the non-existence of God is good for mankind? How does it makes logical sense to dismiss the concept of God entirely. In my view, if there is no God and thus no hereafter, our lives are pretty much being lived in vain as there is nowhere to go after we die. The meaning of life is diminished. If there is no God, our lives become meaningless and trivial.

By the way, I am a male, not a female.

X

xeuyrawp

Riqtay said:
You have to understand that homosexuality has with it many disadvantages. You should check out the many statistics that have been posted by a forum member, which I won't describe now.
Even with a slightly discerning look at those 'statistics' reveals what's intrinsically wrong with them.

You're also implying that we have a choice -- do you expect me to marry a woman, raise a kid, and have a depressed life?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Riqtay said:
I would like it if any athiest in this formun could explain to me why the non-existence of God is good for mankind?
It means that what we do actually matters, no omnipotent being can fix it up if we fuck up, so we should try not to.

The statistics someone else posted? You mean the stuff that everybody is ignoring because some have no sources, other sources from a 10 year old Anglican Commission submission which stated information directly opposing the current view and others directly contradict each other?

Generator

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Even with a slightly discerning look at those 'statistics' reveals what's intrinsically wrong with them.

You're also implying that we have a choice -- do you expect me to marry a woman, raise a kid, and have a depressed life?
Hey, it seems to work for most who happen to be religious!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)