Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters
X

xeuyrawp

Philomena_86 said:
tolerance does not equal acceptance.
I don't believe I said it did.

Rob my father was in the labor party so half of what you think is wrong.
Well I had sex with a girl. The operating word in your sentence is 'was'.

(like usual)
I'm glad you that you can remind people that you're incapable of proper argument.

The church offer programes for Catholic people that think they are gay to help them such as encourage (its a group).
Yes, my grandfather runs one, although it's Anglican and not Catholic. All the Catholic groups that I've seen place emphasis on homosexuality like it's a group of criminals, Pagans, or psychos in need of reform.

Pell teaches tolerance
That's interesting. We must have all been away that sermon. :rolleyes:

and the churches stance how does he abuse it?
That's interesting. You assume that the church is a static, unchanging organisation that is all-true. Must I remind you that not only is the church a quickly-changing entity, but it's also made a lot of fuck-ups in the past? Don't pretend that the church's policy is untouchable, because all the good changes (charity work, drug rehab, etc) has come by non-conservatives pushing from within the church. Rarely have any good changes come top-down.

when has he called gay ppl scum?? I know him and i have never heard him say anything bad against them
Again, you must have only gone to the tolerance sermon.

he believes we must pray for them.
Don't fucking pray for us. What a waste of breath! Not only do your prayers do NOTHING ('dear god, please kill all the atheists.' -- nope, didn't work), but you could be doing something constructive instead! Why don't you go work at a soup kitchen or something instead, rather than talking to yourself?

Furthermore, by saying 'we must pray for them' you're showing us the huge intrinsic problem with religion -- those that are religious think they are BETTER than those that aren't. Your saying 'we must pray for them' assumes that we're not worthy of helping ourselves as if we're some kind of invalid, golliwog, or spacemartian. Just like you said '(as usual) [Rob's wrong'; it's so fucking patronising.

When the Catholics invaded the Americas, post 1492, they noticed that no good grape vines were native. If god had not put grape vines in the Americas, he did not wish the 'Barbaric Savages' to make sacred wine. If he did not want them to make sacred wine, he did not want them to make sacred toasts. If he did not want them to make sacred toasts, he naturally saw them unfit for worshipping him. :rolleyes:

And also poloktim you are a hypocrite for not listening and following the main teachings of the church,
Poloktim is a good example of a Christian. Whilst he may pray for me (I hope he doesn't, but I couldn't care less if he doesn't tell me...), he is upholding what CHRIST himself said about treating your fellow man. You're just a snob, and I hope you go to hell for being more of a high-bicycle riding stereotype than atheists.

so dont get mad at me for listening to our leaders, leaders appointed by God.
hahah. That's insane. You really are insane.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
imsooverskool said:
p.s I'm not sure if this argument has been raised by the ultra conservative christians of the forum, but yeh i will comment anyway. The idea that homosexuality is wrong because sex was only meant for procreation is bullshit. If it was only meant for that purpose then why the hell is it so enjoyable? Sex has moved beyond only an act of reproduction and just becuase gays arent getting their pleasure the conventional way, this does not make it unnatural. The need for love and sexual gratification is the most natural human need in the world, if someone who is gay chooses to satiate this need in a different way...

who the fuck has the right to critiscise this?
For the same reason why condoms are such a big deal - self denial.

btw

HEY THERE IS STILL MEAT ON THAT BONE!

PUT IT IN A POT, ADD SOME BROTH, A POTATO

BABY YOU GOT A STEW GOING!

Last edited:

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
neo_o said:
For the same reason why condoms are such a big deal - self denial.

btw

HEY THERE IS STILL MEAT ON THAT BONE!

PUT IT IN A POT, ADD SOME BROTH, A POTATO

BABY YOU GOT A STEW GOING!
lol, neo wtf?????!?!?!?!?!?!

Was it Bruce Hall that turned you into such an incoherent ranting lunatic weirdo or maybe it was the fact that you lived in South?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
imsooverskool said:
lol, neo wtf?????!?!?!?!?!?!

Was it Bruce Hall that turned you into such an incoherent ranting lunatic weirdo or maybe it was the fact that you lived in South?
Maybe I would have been clearer if I mentioned something about beating dead horses. In other news, after living in the dogbox I consider myself to be apart from the rest of South, kind of like the Singapore to South wing's Malaysia.

X

xeuyrawp

neo_o said:
Maybe I would have been clearer if I mentioned something about beating dead horses.
I thought that's what you meant.

But doesn't the saying, 'flogging a/the dead horse' refers to you trying to ride a horse once it's dead?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
tolerance does not equal acceptance. Rob my father was in the labor party so half of what you think is wrong. (like usual)The church offer programes for Catholic people that think they are gay to help them such as encourage (its a group).
Isn't that considered morally and ethically wrong by many groups, even those within the Catholic church itself. The Church itself accepts the science of psychology, and when psychologists say something is wrong/unethical, the Church takes a stance that follows this finding.

The funny thing about humanity is that we weren't created perfect. We must constantly work hard to bring out that part of God which he included when he moulded us in His image. :) Listening to archane rules written five thousand years ago (such as the book of Leviticus) doesn't advance humanity much. Of course we still follow many of the rules handed down to us, but many have also been dismantled in Australian society (such as slavary, capital punishment etc).

Pell teaches tolerance and the churches stance how does he abuse it? when has he called gay ppl scum?? I know him and i have never heard him say anything bad against them he believes we must pray for them.
I remember him saying that he'd refuse to give the Blessed Sacrament to anybody who is homosexual. Though this is hard to enforce unless you're wearing the rainbow sash, who the hell does he think he is by refusing the Blessed Scarament to people? That is one of the most vile things I can think of that doesn't involve violence, and Pell is proud about doing so every week. Yet another sin.

And also poloktim you are a hypocrite for not listening and following the main teachings of the church, so dont get mad at me for listening to our leaders, leaders appointed by God.
Man is falliable. God is infalliable. Man chose the pope (which is why we've had antipopes in the past), and the pope chooses his cardinals. We believe that God blesses the papal candidate, but there's a difference between blessing and selecting. Man has free will, so using that will he selects the leader of our church.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I thought that's what you meant.

But doesn't the saying, 'flogging a/the dead horse' refers to you trying to ride a horse once it's dead?
You and I both know that the gay marriage issue died a long time ago. But then again, you may not have seen the evil_tama v George W. Bush epic from NCAP past!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
poloktim said:
I remember him saying that he'd refuse to give the Blessed Sacrament to anybody who is homosexual. Though this is hard to enforce unless you're wearing the rainbow sash, who the hell does he think he is by refusing the Blessed Scarament to people? That is one of the most vile things I can think of that doesn't involve violence, and Pell is proud about doing so every week. Yet another sin.
First of all, I'm not Catholic. So forgive me for not fully understanding what 'the blessed sacrament' entails. I'm going to presume it means communion, as practiced in most other churches. Communion is (or should be?) taken by those who consider themselves followers of Christ, or who sincerely want to become followers of Christ. I'm sorry to bring the bible into this, but followers of Christ have to accept the bible as God's word. There are numerous references to the sinful nature of homosexuality, both in the old and new testaments. If a 'follower of Christ' refuses to accept what the bible teaches, then who are they kidding? Who are they really following, and what do they want from them? A person cannot be truly a follower of Christ and truly a homosexual at the same time. A follower of Christ who was homosexual would not be proud about it, nor would they want to continue. So... couldn't a church leader refuse someone communion if they were unapologetically gay? If they were repentant and open to help/change/whatever, then its a different matter. While I don't actually think its right to refuse someone communion, I would be wondering why someone unapologetically gay would want to take it in the first place.

As a side note, I'm intrigued about the 'yet another sin' comment. Anyone claiming that Pell is without sin is seriously deluded, as Jesus is the only man to have never sinned. Therefore Pell can be expected to sin. Therefore saying 'yet another sin' proves nothing, as he WILL sin, as will all of us.

imsooverskool

HSC
neo_o said:
Maybe I would have been clearer if I mentioned something about beating dead horses. In other news, after living in the dogbox I consider myself to be apart from the rest of South, kind of like the Singapore to South wing's Malaysia.
Ok now i get your reference. Just because you lived in the dogbox does not mean you are Malaysia's Singapore, it just makes you left out in the cold :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
imsooverskool said:
Ok now i get your reference. Just because you lived in the dogbox does not mean you are Malaysia's Singapore, it just makes you left out in the cold :)
Indeed, I'm in the box next year too. They love me at Bruce.

imsooverskool

HSC
neo_o said:
Indeed, I'm in the box next year too. They love me at Bruce.
obviously, only the best ressies of Bruce get the shittiest rooms! :rolleyes:
lol, dog boxes arent that bad

philly17

poloktim I see you have some grasp of theology although do you not realise that the Pope is yes elected by man although under the guidance of the holy spirit therefore, also from God. I also never claimed Pell was without sin, I simply stated he was an excellent church leader no one but God is without sin!

By wearing the rainbow sash homosexual catholics are making an example of themselves to be accepted as normal and practising is ok with the church this is false just like politicians that claim to be catholic yet are pro abortion all should be refused communion.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Philomena_86 said:
poloktim I see you have some grasp of theology although do you not realise that the Pope is yes elected by man although under the guidance of the holy spirit therefore, also from God. I also never claimed Pell was without sin, I simply stated he was an excellent church leader no one but God is without sin!

By wearing the rainbow sash homosexual catholics are making an example of themselves to be accepted as normal and practising is ok with the church this is false just like politicians that claim to be catholic yet are pro abortion all should be refused communion.
But that doesn't explain various anti-popes or how they have gone back on their election of a pope.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Philomena_86 said:

Politicians who are pro abortion don't necessarily support it for themselves/their spouses, but support the choice of others and choose not to force their belief onto others, and given that God created free will such a stance should be consistent with Church philosophy.

Also isn't Mary supposed to be without sin as well? That's what my religion teacher (a De La Salle Brother) told me at least.

malkin86

HSC
Even if a gay couple were allowed to have "marriage" in the same way as a hetero couple would, it would still not have to be in a church. (Unless that church had a specific outreach program supporting gays.) A church would not have to agree to marry gay couples, even as a church does not have to agree to marry divorcees.

Separating the religious part of marriage from the legal part of marriage is difficult, and I can't see gay marriage happening in Australia very soon because of this.

X

xeuyrawp

Xayma said:
But that doesn't explain various anti-popes or how they have gone back on their election of a pope.
Well obviously that was the fault of man. All the good popes were chosen by god, all the bad ones by men. :rolleyes:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
starbaaa said:
I'm sorry to bring the bible into this, but followers of Christ have to accept the bible as God's word. There are numerous references to the sinful nature of homosexuality, both in the old and new testaments. If a 'follower of Christ' refuses to accept what the bible teaches, then who are they kidding? Who are they really following, and what do they want from them? A person cannot be truly a follower of Christ and truly a homosexual at the same time. A follower of Christ who was homosexual would not be proud about it, nor would they want to continue. So... couldn't a church leader refuse someone communion if they were unapologetically gay? If they were repentant and open to help/change/whatever, then its a different matter. While I don't actually think its right to refuse someone communion, I would be wondering why someone unapologetically gay would want to take it in the first place.
If we were to take the bible as the literal word of God, I'd have been rid of my sister long ago as she would've been sold into slavery. We evolved from that mentality.

Many Catholics, including the Catholic Religious consider the Old Testament of the bible to be based largely around metaphors. We know that God didn't create the world and all that dwell here in seven days. The pivotal books of the bible that Catholics believe are definately unquestionable are those of the Gospels. They tell the story of Jesus, and how he lived, and how he taught us to live.

As for wondering why somebody unapologetically gay would wish to receive the Blessed Sacrament anyway, well according to current research, somebody gay is gay because God made him/her that way (read: they naturally are gay). Why should somebody who is naturally a homosexual not want to have God in their lives? To be seperated from God is to be in Hell. :(

Philomena_86 said:
Trust me, when it comes to Pell refusing the Blessed Sacrament to rainbow sashers, nobody is in the right. Both parties are too proud for their own good. Both parties are using God's house to attempt to further their political opinions, and it is disgusting.

malkin86

HSC
Would anyone say that the stereotype of "gay person working with children = pedo" still is very influential?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
malkin86 said:
Would anyone say that the stereotype of "gay person working with children = pedo" still is very influential?
yes.................

X

xeuyrawp

malkin86 said:
I think so.

If I can also use stereotypes, it's my observation that, because paedophiles are so insecure, they are generally very careful about their mannerisms. You don't get camp, out-of-the-closet paedos, I think. Actually, I just realised that someone on Oprah said that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)