Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Indeed, i agree with you on tolerance. I am however appreciative that Australia is at least much better than many other countries that are totally ignorant about homosexuals.
I can't really appreciate it when it's essentially 'we don't hate you quite as much as the others do, mate.' I understand it and I approve of and applaud each positive step but I don't think it's something to appreciate that Australia is not quite as bad.

Yes definitely I agree where there are also many non-christians gays of other religions that live with the shame. the fact that we live in an predominantly anglo saxon country with christian roots, its only fair to deal with gay christians as the poll is on "homosexuality in australia". Definitely, bisexuals and transgendered do have their own valid problems, but I would definitely mention them if the topic wasn't confined to homosexuals and australia.
Well, I'd say 'Homosexuality in Australia' is flawed as a title because you can't really considering one sexuality in a vacuum if you're going to discuss rights, especially when you need to compare to define what is lacking. Bisexuals are also affected by same sex partnership legislation and transgendered persons often are as well.

I don't agree with the Christian thing though. It's not really fair to deal with this as a Christian topic just because our country was colonised by people who were largely Christian. We have a huge Islamic and Brahman population along with a growing number of atheists and lip service Christians, not to mention the recent trendiness of Buddhism amongst the 20 - 40 age bracket. When we reduce it to a discussion about Christian/queer views then we not only over-simplify but also overly validate Christian ideology, which is something that too many people mistakenly do. Australia =/= Christianity incarnate.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
haha the poll question is ridiculous. but amoosing.

do you 'support' homosexuality?
it's like asking 'do you support the Tasmanian pulp mill?', 'do you support the baby bonus?'.

Homosexuality isn't an 'issue' like that, it's the way people are born. Not linking homosexuality to mental impairment here (I'm gay), but it's like saying 'do you support people with down syndrome?', it just doesn't sit.

Too bad if you don't support us. I'm over whingeing about gay rights, if we just get on with our lives and be ourselves then we can make the change we want there to be.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
you mean the sex change, right?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's not about us. It's about preserving a natural order ordained by GOD HIMSELF

Nanasaurus

HSC
It's not about us. It's about preserving a natural order ordained by GOD HIMSELF
you really have no clue, do you?
I'm too tired to even explain the many reasons that that's a ridiculous argument. someone else do it for me.

your argument basically encompasses the idea that God discriminates. and that must be a load of crap. if God is out there, why should he be unhappy about any loving union or relationship?

You can throw all the deuteronomy/leviticus crap in my face to whatever extent you want to, but the fact of life is that humans have a common instinct- to find love and companionship, and Jesus preaches that this was a Christian attitude, so why the fuck should it be dependant on what gender you are?

i don't think that God would send you to hell for loving someone.

Why can I see the adhesive of God's beard? :(
LOLcakes!

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
I'm too tired to even explain the many reasons that that's a ridiculous argument. someone else do it for me.

your argument basically encompasses the idea that God discriminates. and that must be a load of crap. if God is out there, why should he be unhappy about any loving union or relationship?

You can throw all the deuteronomy/leviticus crap in my face to whatever extent you want to, but the fact of life is that humans have a common instinct- to find love and companionship, and Jesus preaches that this was a Christian attitude, so why the fuck should it be dependant on what gender you are?

LOLcakes!
lol no... you are the one without a clue.

Lentern

HSC

LOLcakes!
You can not fight Iron with such seriousness. You need quotes, poetry, sarcasm, pop culture references, loft, french, bait, and those are just the fundamentals. When you fence with Iron far more important than landing the blows is the choreography. Whatever you write must not be intended to be taken literally.

HSC

LOLcakes!
seriously, why are you questioning the bible? huh? or the Quran? Both books look into detail about dealing with the gay. These books are sent from the lord and you question the divine? how dare you.

Last edited:
J

Jigabeth

I'm a Christian. Yeah.
So that means that I think that homosexuality is a sin. (I also don't believe they were born that way)
Does NOT mean that I hate them.
We've gotta love and respect everyone.
It annoys me when some Christians totally hate on the gays and make the rest of us seem like idiots.

Tribute2Trivan

HSC
N/A
My opinion is that they should allow "homos" to get married. Why should society be marginalised by fucking religous ideologies in order to justify government legislation???

What is more concerning is that the "australian way" has often promoted a "fair go" so WTF???

I mean im not gay, and don't have any freinds that are gay. But I still belevie in a "fair go" and equal rights!!!!!!!!:burn:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I'm a Christian. Yeah.
I already dislike you. Continue.

(I also don't believe they were born that way)
You would know, wouldn't you.

It's funny how there are gay Christians out there who are gay and don't want to be gay and try not to be gay but deep down can't help being gay.

We've gotta love and respect everyone.
Your entire lifestyle is SINFUL and god will punish you FOREVER!
But we love you.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
As if delete my post, she's fucking retarded.

It's the same fucking token "omg im a christian and gayness is a sin but i dont hate them lolkekekeke', but when it comes down to the crux of the issue, they always end up admitting that they have no valid reason to reject homosexual marriage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)