Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It was religious belief that made men think that they were higher than women.

It was religious belief that caused caucasians to believe they were higher than other races.
So? People can believe whatever they like. Some of those beliefs might be in the supernatural. Those beliefs may be good or bad, true or false. Are you making any point at all?
OMG Stalin was an athiest! .: ...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hahaha same point as Chris...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I was simply responding to Name_Taken's post:

the Bible teaches of love and peace and charity for those in need, not hate and descrimination
When it has often done the opposite.

Looks like I've raised a point that relates to history I have no knowledge of then.

philphie

Banned
HSC
no offense guys, but don't you ever get tired of arguing in a pointless circle of contradiction?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I do it when I get bored lol.

This entire thread and those like it are completely and utterly futile and therefore:

Failboat.

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha i'm only here spectating because all the other threads are non active

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What a dignified surrender ausbluesman

Got2Kno91

HSC
Chris92, you're very good at generalising and looking at things from a simplistic point of view. Regardless of that magnetism analogy crap, there is a significant proportion of the population who find themself attracted to the same sex without any understanding why, and without any say in the matter, most probably stemming from a prenatal biological development. They have no interest in women fullstop.

Furthermore, for every 1 gay fairy who prances around in religious attire at Mardi Gras there are many, many more others who are just normal members of society who you'd never pick up are gay unless you ask them or know them well. They are productive, often well educated people who integrate seemlessly into society. All the gay people I know fit this bill.

To think of all the violence and horror in the world, and all the ugly individuals who are deadset on hurting others for selfish gain, I really can't see how homosexuality could even register that highly on society's priority list.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
Chris92, you're very good at generalising and looking at things from a simplistic point of view. Regardless of that magnetism analogy crap, there is a significant proportion of the population who find themself attracted to the same sex without any understanding why, and without any say in the matter, most probably stemming from a prenatal biological development. They have no interest in women fullstop.

Furthermore, for every 1 gay fairy who prances around in religious attire at Mardi Gras there are many, many more others are just normal members of society who you'd never pick up are gay unless you ask them or know them well. They are productive, often well educated people who integrate seemlessly into society. All the gay people I know fit this bill.

To think of all the violence and horror in the world, and all the ugly individuals who are deadset on hurting others for selfish gain, I really can't see how homosexuality could even register that highly on society's priority list.

hey mate it took a lot of work for me to get these kiddies to calm down now you just ruined it.

Got2Kno91

HSC
I'll extend the same compliment. You too are very good at generalising. Well done you simpleton.

I've seen heaps of gays who fit the classical gay archetype. Your assumption surely must be as valid as mine. Get your PC goggles off sport.

When the gay majority, as you've desctibed them, come out and publicly condemn the said moral offences against the church, my opinion will not be revised.
I said all the gay guys I know. I'm not lying its true: All the gay guys I know are not overtly gay in the slightest. You've seen "heaps of gays who fit the classical gay archetype" because they're so bleeding obvious!

By the way, most gays don't want anything to do with the Catholic Church due to it's complete objection to them trusting their inner most, innate feelings. The Catholic Church has alienated and ends up pushing away Catholic youth once they find out they're gay, even if not intentionally. They simply have no interest in it's affairs and frankly cbf 'publicly condemning' actions against an organisation they think represents lies anyway (this does not necessarily reflect my opinion by the way).

Would also like to point out that person attacks are stupid.

IAskQuestions

HSC
"Is there really a guy out there, that is heterosexual and actually thinks with his heart INSTEAD of his penis?"

Yep. lots.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Ever heard of Yin and Yang? Maybe that will explain that, if you believe in Buddhism (I don't, but I'm a supporter of Yin and Yang, just not vegetarianism).

Physics has nothing to do with homosexuality.. That's a weird argument you're making there..

Just because x+y=z doesn't mean Xylophones + Yachts = Zebras?
Now there's a religion that I could agree with!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
LOL YES FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SENSE! WOOH!

I think homosexuals respect that heterosexuals are not (From my opinion, since I'm gay).

I wouldn't touch a straight person, even if it was a guy. It's like raping someone (because going against their wishes)..

But then again, if you're straight, and you want it.. You better start doubting whether you're straight or not :spin:
My straight friend says he doesn't like it, but does nothing to stop it. :spin:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sure, but do you fully graspy, 'AusBluesMan', that the implications of your supposedly enlightened "acceptance" of anything and everything is the denial of all Truth in the world? The lie that nothing can be known for sure, that meaning is purely subjective and personal? Far from creating some bs 'peaceful' utopia, dont you see that it would 'create' nothing but ashes? It would simply cannibalise existing structures in an orgy of individualism and anarchy until some great monster lurches forward from the darkness with the time-old promise of creating stablility on the condition that all truth and power are attributed to him. Reign of terror, horrors, horrors, cycle repeats.
Dont put your trust in this world or any man - including yourself.
But we are expected to put our trust in some religious fictitious entity who let his "son" be strung up on a wooden cross?

What underpins, or has underpinned at one point or another, all societies. basically everywhere? Religion.

Anyway, I find the hypocrisy being espoused by lefties/gays shameful. When gays stop frolicking around in priest and nun attire during their mardi gra, then I'll consider being more respectful.
Naw, does it bring up bad memories of priests touching little kiddies?

Ever heard of Yin and Yang? Maybe that will explain that, if you believe in Buddhism (I don't, but I'm a supporter of Yin and Yang, just not vegetarianism).

Physics has nothing to do with homosexuality.. That's a weird argument you're making there..

Mate he is Christian, all they believe in is a best selling fiction novel.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Physics has something to do with everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)