homosexuals (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I 100% think they should be afforded equal rights to marry. Just because you personally decide you want to marry off the opposite gender, why impinge others to be allowed to make their own personal decision to marry someone of the same sex?

RANK 1

HSC
How about... expression of love?

Like Filipino culture, I can tell you right now - the 'hierarchy' is you date them, and then after you date them a while, you marry them. That's a cultural thing.

To some people, it's the natural next step in a relationship. Here, we have de facto relationships and that's fine too - they're pretty much the same thing in the eyes of the law anyway. I think.
filipino culture also has a creation story that goes something like this:

one day god got bored and decided he wanted to a man so he can play irl Sims, so he got some clay and molded it into the shape of a man; then he put it in his godly oven and baked it. God got bored of waiting for the clay to bake so he went for a leisurely and godly stroll around the universe, but he lost track of time and came back to find that his clay man had turned black, he was still proud of his creation though so he gave it life.

He then made his next clay man and put it in the oven, this time he was too eager and took it out of the oven too early. the clay man was white and raw but he still gave it life, unfortunately his creations so far were still not perfect so he created another clay man.

This time he took it out at the right time, not too soon and not too late. when he removed the clay man he observed his third creation, it was perfect, its skin was golden and baked to perfection.

And that how your blacks, whites and asians came about. with asians being the perfect creation. just thought i'd share this with all of u (im being serious btw)

HSC
I think gay and lesbian people should be allowed to get married ^_^

Why shouldn't they?
They already can get married. No on one is stopping them. I think they are pissed off because they don't get to write their names on a government registry. Pretty pathetic cause if you ask me.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
filipino culture also has a creation story that goes something like this:

one day god got bored and decided he wanted to a man so he can play irl Sims, so he got some clay and molded it into the shape of a man; then he put it in his godly oven and baked it. God got bored of waiting for the clay to bake so he went for a leisurely and godly stroll around the universe, but he lost track of time and came back to find that his clay man had turned black, he was still proud of his creation though so he gave it life.

He then made his next clay man and put it in the oven, this time he was too eager and took it out of the oven too early. the clay man was white and raw but he still gave it life, unfortunately his creations so far were still not perfect so he created another clay man.

This time he took it out at the right time, not too soon and not too late. when he removed the clay man he observed his third creation, it was perfect, its skin was golden and baked to perfection.

And that how your blacks, whites and asians came about. with asians being the perfect creation. just thought i'd share this with all of u (im being serious btw)
really? that might be indigenous culture.

And if you propagate that, then us Australians all believe in the Dreamtime...

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
dey shudn'. sum book written 2000 years ago said no.

Edit: Seriously though, i agree with some form of secular 'civil union'. Up to religions if they want to allow it, no one should force em.

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Well it's about time the government caught up to the twenty first century. A government legalising gay marriage is inevitable - it's really as simple as that.

I'm still undecided as to whether the term marriage is appropriate though, given it stems from religion. The term has millennia old connotations and I think society has evolved so rapidly that the label of marriage has become a little redundant. There's also the question of separation of church and state. In all honesty I haven't made up my mind yet.

What I do support however, is the recognition of two people, regardless of gender, to be given the same rights and recognition as a traditional married couple. Does this mean I support civil union for all, while allowing the religious to also go off and get married inside their religious institutions? I don't know.

HSC
there are no non-religious, valid arguments as to why gays shouldn't marry

let them do what they want and stop giving certain religions a bad name (not necessarily here but it's the general consensus among idiots everywhere)

anyone who is against gay marriage should be shot

qawe

HSC
N/A
Profanity doesn't exactly endear you to others either, and the anonymity of the internet doesn't really change that.

In regards to the question at hand:

Civil union? No problem, if they want to live together and be recognised for taxation and superannuation purposes, go right ahead.

Marriage? No, it goes against my moral convictions. To everyone that says this is about equality, what you're missing is that marriage is discriminatory by its nature and purpose. Can six year old children get married? Can a brother and sister to each other? How about a man and a dog? Why not marriage between three people, or four? Hyperbole yes but I can apply the exact same rationale. Part of the function of marriage is the raising of children. There are enough children missing a mother or father without artificially exacerbating it further than our massive divorce rates have. Society has done enough to destroy the nuclear family and marriage already.
+1

i'd like to add that the reason tradtional marriage is traditional is because alternate forms are damaging to society (eg divorce)
the damage in the case of gay marriage is an endorsement (including in public schools) of a practice that leads to a 2450% greater chance of HIV/AIDS - greater health risk than smoking, which is disccouraged

qawe

HSC
N/A
Well it's about time the government caught up to the twenty first century. A government legalising gay marriage is inevitable - it's really as simple as that.

I'm still undecided as to whether the term marriage is appropriate though, given it stems from religion. The term has millennia old connotations and I think society has evolved so rapidly that the label of marriage has become a little redundant. There's also the question of separation of church and state. In all honesty I haven't made up my mind yet.

What I do support however, is the recognition of two people, regardless of gender, to be given the same rights and recognition as a traditional married couple. Does this mean I support civil union for all, while allowing the religious to also go off and get married inside their religious institutions? I don't know.
this is already the case

qawe

HSC
N/A
No the reason why children can't get married is because they lack the facility to sign a contract. The reason why siblings can't get married is because in the situation of them having sex and the possibility of them having children will produce deadly results. Dogs can't sign paper champ. Polygamy is a society thing and is pretty narrow-minded to ban it.

Part of marriage is most definitely not raising children, not on a legal level at least which is what this issue is about. Are you saying that if a couple are married that at some point, they *must* have children otherwise their marriage is null and void? What about infertility? What about one of the partners dying? You think they should immediately be told that their marriage "didn't count anyway because you didn't produce children". The "nuclear family" is a crock of shit anyway. It is literally a propaganda tool to get fools to live the American dream and live and die 10 kilometres away from their own home without ever having actually lived. It's a bland lie that you've swallowed all too easily. There is no causal link between a lack of either parent and having less developed children in any way.
Oh god please don't start tossing around "rights". Marriage isn't a "right", but it also shouldn't be something that homosexuals are excluded from.

How does one gauge that a couple have fully considered what they're committing to? You know 50 years ago, the age at which people got married was a lot younger, right? People were also less educated as well, so why are they suddenly so unable to make the decision now? Another issue here is that you don't seem to realise that people aren't stagnant. They don't get married and then are the same people for the next 40 or so years. People change, desires change and their goals change. Sometimes people can't reconcile differences that have occurred after their marriage started, so you think that they should remain together because of your preconceived lie that marriage is forever? I thought you said that you didn't want people to live in unhappy households. Divorce is *not* a bad thing.

Again, this isn't a logical argument nor a counter argument because there are actual difference in outcomes for brothers and sisters. Marriage between three or four people is fine. Why wouldn't it be? Hypothetically, if a man can satisfy and sustain a healthy marriage between three separate women, as well as raise all of their children to be healthy as well, why shouldn't these people be allowed to do so? Why can't a person choose to commit themselves to more than one person for an indefinite amount of time? And as I said before, an animal lacks the facility to sign a contract.

Like I said before, you don't have a "right" to marriage, nor do you have a "right" to having two parents who are married. What if a child's parent dies? Who do they go to for a claim that their rights have been violated? Who gets punished?

Who cares if children have to go through their parent's divorce? Life isn't about roses, fairytales and sunshine. They also have to go through the fact that they learn that leprechauns and Santa are myths as well. That's pretty cruel, better not upset the kiddies or else our society will go down the crapper. We might not keep that world rank of #2 HDI if our kids get upset.

It is absolutely disgusting that you use children as a shield for your religious and conservative agenda
that sounds like gay marriage when there is a 2450% greater chance of HIV/AIDS

qawe

HSC
N/A
It pretty clear you have a problem with the concept of divorce.
I'm not gonna make any assumptions about you life and your experiences with THis issue ill Just say this.

PEOPLE FUCKING CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Just because a women loves a man in 1981 doesn't mean she will love him in 2011.
People decide they want different things all the time, thats just life.

When Matty and Mindy got married Matty only drank on weekends with his mates and never came home too shitfaced and he didn't get violent.

10 years of working a job he hates, matty drinks alot more, almost every night now, sometimes mandy gets hurt. \

Should she have to stay in this abusive relationship.

NO

Its hard to know what the person your with will be like in 10 years, but thats just life.

As for gay marriage its already been said, its a relationship between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS, not any sort of beastial incestial thing.
And besides are any of your rights being taken away, are you losing anything. Don't think so

If your live your life how you want to live it, I live my life how I want to live it and everybody else lives their life how they want to live it and you dont fuck with me, I don't fuck with you and nobody fucks with anybody else, then we'll all be happy
it is my civic responsibility to stand up for what I believe in. if i "vote" for it, i'll be partly responsible for the societal consequences

HSC
Everyone against gay marriage really need to stop for a minute and take a long hard look at themselves. Nobody is saying you have to marry someone of the same sex. Has anyone every said that???? How would you feel if you were homosexual and were not given the legal right to marriage??? How is it any different from being straight and wishing to marry someone of the opposite sex???

Take out religion and you will see there is no valid argument against gay marriage. Why would there be?

You say there is a 2450% greater chance of HIV/AIDS in gay couples. This is only true if the sex is unprotected - in which case you will have a risk of getting HIV just as a straight couple in the same situation.

qawe

HSC
N/A
there are no non-religious, valid arguments as to why gays shouldn't marry

let them do what they want and stop giving certain religions a bad name (not necessarily here but it's the general consensus among idiots everywhere)

anyone who is against gay marriage should be shot
that's tantamount to religious persecution
pretty hypocritical for someone with supposedly "liberal" views (= freedom of expression) to say

qawe

HSC
N/A
Everyone against gay marriage really need to stop for a minute and take a long hard look at themselves. Nobody is saying you have to marry someone of the same sex. Has anyone every said that???? How would you feel if you were homosexual and were not given the legal right to marriage??? How is it any different from being straight and wishing to marry someone of the opposite sex???

Take out religion and you will see there is no valid argument against gay marriage. Why would there be?

You say there is a 2450% greater chance of HIV/AIDS in gay couples. This is only true if the sex is unprotected - in which case you will have a risk of getting HIV just as a straight couple in the same situation.
that's because take out religion and there is no valid argument against marrying an animal

qawe

HSC
N/A
that's because take out religion and there is no valid argument against marrying an animal
And as I said before, an animal lacks the facility to sign a contract.
that's unfair to animal rights! how do you know animals can't sign a contract - just because ur religious beliefs say they can't, u shouldn't impose it on others

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
wait wait wait, so a couple of sand monkeys write down some arbitrary rules a few thousand years ago, and you're saying our society is meant to follow them exactly? hahaha well excuse me if I don't think some long dead sand nigger should tell me how to live

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
+1

i'd like to add that the reason tradtional marriage is traditional is because alternate forms are damaging to society (eg divorce)
the damage in the case of gay marriage is an endorsement (including in public schools) of a practice that leads to a 2450% greater chance of HIV/AIDS - greater health risk than smoking, which is disccouraged
Divorce is pretty old and fuck off, if you're against divorce then you are not suited to this era, go back 600 years.
HIV/AIDS will spread less if gays are encouraged to be in monogamous relationships, because the disease won't spread. Durr. You can't spread it by fucking touching someone, you have to exchange bodily fluids.

getting rid of marriage from the law is impractical as marriage permeates many of our laws
Getting rid of all religious affiliations with legal marriage is very practical though.
Sure, if you want to get married in a church or whatever, fine, but then religion is completely out of it, divorces are handled legally, etc.

that sounds like gay marriage when there is a 2450% greater chance of HIV/AIDS
Gay marriage would stop the spread, as marriage is a monogamous relationship. Completely different.

Animals can't consent. That's an argument.
Maybe you should get your head out of your religion's arse then say something.

HSC
I guess we need to allow polygamous marriage now. The thing is, you won't see gays advocating for that. I am sick of their BS about equal rights when all they care about is whether or not some dumb government registry will get to have their stupid fake lesbian name written on it. Get over yourselves, no one cares. if you want to get married, just fucking do it. do you think the swat teams are going to come crashing into the wedding and forcibly stop it?? no.,.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)