homosexuals (1 Viewer)

AcidDrops

Banned
HSC
they should be allowed to marry. its unfair to stop them.

Galladrim

HSC
fuck off i can speel good ok
Profanity doesn't exactly endear you to others either, and the anonymity of the internet doesn't really change that.

In regards to the question at hand:

Civil union? No problem, if they want to live together and be recognised for taxation and superannuation purposes, go right ahead.

Marriage? No, it goes against my moral convictions. To everyone that says this is about equality, what you're missing is that marriage is discriminatory by its nature and purpose. Can six year old children get married? Can a brother and sister to each other? How about a man and a dog? Why not marriage between three people, or four? Hyperbole yes but I can apply the exact same rationale. Part of the function of marriage is the raising of children. There are enough children missing a mother or father without artificially exacerbating it further than our massive divorce rates have. Society has done enough to destroy the nuclear family and marriage already.

MysteryGenius

HSC
let's all get married

we'll have one big cake and it'll be huge. there'll also be lots of singing and dancing, it'll be great

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Please try to learn how to spell. It makes people more interested in what you have to say if they aren't fixated on your grammar ;)
Punctuation is a killer for me; I hate it when cunts don't put full-stops. I.e. You.

Profanity doesn't exactly endear you to others either, and the anonymity of the internet doesn't really change that.

Civil union? No problem, if they want to live together and be recognised for taxation and superannuation purposes, go right ahead.

Marriage? No, it goes against my moral convictions. To everyone that says this is about equality, what you're missing is that marriage is discriminatory by its nature and purpose. Can six year old children get married? Can a brother and sister to each other? How about a man and a dog? Why not marriage between three people, or four? Hyperbole yes but I can apply the exact same rationale. Part of the function of marriage is the raising of children. There are enough children missing a mother or father without artificially exacerbating it further than our massive divorce rates have. Society has done enough to destroy the nuclear family and marriage already.
Either a very good troll or legitimately shit.
Nuclear family. Are you fucking retarded? Back to the days where half of the fucking population (women) didn't work, where unhappy families raised shit children because divorce was frowned upon. Please fuck off.
Marriage should be allowed for any two consenting adults. It's a fucking simple right.
Fucking hell your statements weren't just hyperboles they were retarded. Consenting adults should be able to get married because they can legally have sex and be in a relationship, and marriage is about a fucking relationship.
Marriage is a fucking union between two consenting individuals to engage in a relationship, not all married couples have, nor want, children. Marriage is essentially about the relationship, not the family. It's about committing your life to another person, not the future people that you haven't even started to think about yet.
And I'm sorry if my crude language offends you, welcome to the real world.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
let's all get married

we'll have one big cake and it'll be huge. there'll also be lots of singing and dancing, it'll be great
I'd marry you everyday if I got to consummate the marriage with you several times every night.

Galladrim

HSC
Punctuation is a killer for me; I hate it when cunts don't put full-stops. I.e. You.
Haha Point taken. It's a bad habit of mine, I'm trying to get rid of it.

I hope you appreciate how seriously hypocritical that sounds considering your own posts. Glass houses are difficult places to throw stones.

Nuclear family. Are you fucking retarded? Back to the days where half of the fucking population (women) didn't work, where unhappy families raised shit children because divorce was frowned upon. Please fuck off.
Where on earth did I say women can't work? See my posts in the thread on equality between men and women, and please don't put words in my mouth, especially when they are the opposite of my convictions. Unhappy households are something I do not wish upon anyone.
You are entirely missing my point here. People are far too willing to commit to a marriage without fully considering what they are committing to. You are committing yourself to life for another person. The whole point of marriage is that it's a one way ticket. Divorce shouldn't have to be there if those two people truly hold genuine love for each other.

Marriage should be allowed for any two consenting adults. It's a fucking simple right.
Fucking hell your statements weren't just hyperboles they were retarded. Consenting adults should be able to get married because they can legally have sex and be in a relationship, and marriage is about a fucking relationship.
How exactly are they retarded? They are using the same brand of logic as you are espousing. I can apply apply the same argument as you just made there and apply it to a sexual relationship between a brother and sister, or one between three or four people, or a man and a turtle. Should they be recognized as marriage as well, because that's essentially what you're agreeing to.

Marriage is a fucking union between two consenting individuals to engage in a relationship, not all married couples have, nor want, children. Marriage is essentially about the relationship, not the family. It's about committing your life to another person, not the future people that you haven't even started to think about yet.
Wait hang on, if you're committing your life to someone else, surely you'd think the future would have to come on there somewhere. The rest of your life is a long time...
The attitude that you are taking towards marriage, which so many people do, is exactly why it's gone through such crap, and why the divorce rate in our society is so high. Not being willing to commit to the fact that you may have a family can lead to breakup's and divorce. This is simply selfish, because you are depriving your children of something that is, to borrow a phrase of yours, a simple right. What kind of example are we setting to our children if we simply tell them, oh you were all accidents, we'd rather be with each other than any of you. Likewise if they brake up, then it's simply well they diddn't really care enough for each to stay together, so why should I try ?They will simply do the same, and this has created, as you observed to think earlier, unhappy families

Evidently not, or you might be endeavoring to address that activity.

I'm an active participant in the real world. This, my friend is the internet;)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Where on earth did I say women can't work? See my posts in the thread on equality between men and women, and please don't put words in my mouth, especially when they are the opposite of my convictions. Unhappy households are something I do not wish upon anyone.
You are entirely missing my point here. People are far too willing to commit to a marriage without fully considering what they are committing to. You are committing yourself to life for another person. The whole point of marriage is that it's a one way ticket. Divorce shouldn't have to be there if those two people truly hold genuine love for each other.
My understanding of nuclear family was the working father, stay at home mum, several kids, whatever. Looked it up, apparently there are several different definitions. But for serials, to say that modern society "destroying" nuclear families is fucking stupid. Families break up because people aren't happy, not because of society.
So, yeah, you were pretty much saying that unhappy households < importance of nuclear families.

People change. I don't think you understand that people enter a marriage thinking this will be for their whole life and then people change, circumstances change, shut fucks up, they're unhappy and they get divorced.
Have you been in a long-term relationship? I have. It's particularly noticeable that people change if your relationship is during adolescence. At the start it was all great, but by then end it was like "I don't love you anymore… soz brah."
And that's how relationships can work. I don't think you can criticise without actually experiencing life and relationships, and you're 18, you're not in a very good position to criticise at all.

How exactly are they retarded? They are using the same brand of logic as you are espousing. I can apply apply the same argument as you just made there and apply it to a sexual relationship between a brother and sister, or one between three or four people, or a man and a turtle. Should they be recognized as marriage as well, because that's essentially what you're agreeing to.
CONSENTING ADULTS key words here.
Turtles aren't consenting adults, neither are dogs.
I honestly, am not against a brother and sister getting married, who am I to stop them? The only problem with this is the possibility of deformed offspring, but apart from that it is none of my business, or anyone else's but the parties engaging in the marriage.
Same goes for the group. Polygamy is allowed in many countries, and I know of a few sustainable, three-way relationships, and if they want to get married the why stop them? What is your reason? How does it effect you? It's none of your business.

Wait hang on, if you're committing your life to someone else, surely you'd think the future would have to come on there somewhere.
Yes, but future doesn't always equal kids (if you learned how to read you would notice I was directly referring to children as "future people that don't exist yet" and I didn't mention not thinking about the future). Also, how many couples have planned every little detail of the next ~60 years of their life before they marry? None? Good guess is probably none. So, like, that statement was a fallacy? Yes? Good.

The rest of your life is a long time...
The attitude that you are taking towards marriage, which so many people do, is exactly why it's gone through such crap, and why the divorce rate in our society is so high. Not being willing to commit to the fact that you may have a family can lead to breakups and divorce. This is simply selfish, because you are depriving your children of something that is, to borrow a phrase of yours, a simple right. What kind of example are we setting to our children if we simply tell them, oh you were all accidents, we'd rather be with each other than any of you. Likewise if they brake up, then it's simply well they diddn't really care enough for each to stay together, so why should I try ?They will simply do the same, and this has created, as you observed to think earlier, unhappy families
may. Key word "may" have a family. You said it, not me. You're stating that we should all plan ahead and think of our future and then you say "may" which is a complete and utter contradiction. So which is it? May or will/will not have children?
I didn't say having a mother and father happily married was a simple right. Now who's twisting whose words?
Also, I'm not really sure what you're getting at in this paragraph. What?
If you're saying "omfg, kids, kids, kids" I said before that not everyone wants (and praise the good-lord for contraception) and not everyone married will have kids and that is because marriage isn't about "family" it's about the relationship between the two people. If it was between more than that then you wouldn't have put forward the 3 or 4 people getting married as a negative thing above, or the brother/sister thing.

Evidently not, or you might be endeavoring to address that activity.

"In the real world people will offend you,(especially you with your outdated views) get used to it." That better?

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

No the reason why children can't get married is because they lack the facility to sign a contract. The reason why siblings can't get married is because in the situation of them having sex and the possibility of them having children will produce deadly results. Dogs can't sign paper champ. Polygamy is a society thing and is pretty narrow-minded to ban it.

Part of marriage is most definitely not raising children, not on a legal level at least which is what this issue is about. Are you saying that if a couple are married that at some point, they *must* have children otherwise their marriage is null and void? What about infertility? What about one of the partners dying? You think they should immediately be told that their marriage "didn't count anyway because you didn't produce children". The "nuclear family" is a crock of shit anyway. It is literally a propaganda tool to get fools to live the American dream and live and die 10 kilometres away from their own home without ever having actually lived. It's a bland lie that you've swallowed all too easily. There is no causal link between a lack of either parent and having less developed children in any way.

Oh god please don't start tossing around "rights". Marriage isn't a "right", but it also shouldn't be something that homosexuals are excluded from.

People are far too willing to commit to a marriage without fully considering what they are committing to. You are committing yourself to life for another person. The whole point of marriage is that it's a one way ticket. Divorce shouldn't have to be there if those two people truly hold genuine love for each other.
How does one gauge that a couple have fully considered what they're committing to? You know 50 years ago, the age at which people got married was a lot younger, right? People were also less educated as well, so why are they suddenly so unable to make the decision now? Another issue here is that you don't seem to realise that people aren't stagnant. They don't get married and then are the same people for the next 40 or so years. People change, desires change and their goals change. Sometimes people can't reconcile differences that have occurred after their marriage started, so you think that they should remain together because of your preconceived lie that marriage is forever? I thought you said that you didn't want people to live in unhappy households. Divorce is *not* a bad thing.

Again, this isn't a logical argument nor a counter argument because there are actual difference in outcomes for brothers and sisters. Marriage between three or four people is fine. Why wouldn't it be? Hypothetically, if a man can satisfy and sustain a healthy marriage between three separate women, as well as raise all of their children to be healthy as well, why shouldn't these people be allowed to do so? Why can't a person choose to commit themselves to more than one person for an indefinite amount of time? And as I said before, an animal lacks the facility to sign a contract.

Wait hang on, if you're committing your life to someone else, surely you'd think the future would have to come on there somewhere. The rest of your life is a long time...
The attitude that you are taking towards marriage, which so many people do, is exactly why it's gone through such crap, and why the divorce rate in our society is so high. Not being willing to commit to the fact that you may have a family can lead to breakup's and divorce. This is simply selfish, because you are depriving your children of something that is, to borrow a phrase of yours, a simple right. What kind of example are we setting to our children if we simply tell them, oh you were all accidents, we'd rather be with each other than any of you. Likewise if they brake up, then it's simply well they diddn't really care enough for each to stay together, so why should I try ?They will simply do the same, and this has created, as you observed to think earlier, unhappy families
Like I said before, you don't have a "right" to marriage, nor do you have a "right" to having two parents who are married. What if a child's parent dies? Who do they go to for a claim that their rights have been violated? Who gets punished?

Who cares if children have to go through their parent's divorce? Life isn't about roses, fairytales and sunshine. They also have to go through the fact that they learn that leprechauns and Santa are myths as well. That's pretty cruel, better not upset the kiddies or else our society will go down the crapper. We might not keep that world rank of #2 HDI if our kids get upset.

It is absolutely disgusting that you use children as a shield for your religious and conservative agenda

Politic

HSC
N/A

One of the few times I've seen a post of yours based on common sense. Keep it up.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It will change within the next 20 - 30 years, at least, in Australia. We just need to wait for all the old baby boomer (and a little earlier) liberals to die off.

I remember in one of the Labor MPs speeches against changing the labor platform for marriage. He was quoting having a petition from numerous different people (ages, cultures, etc.) and he said there were a lot of young people. When I said that, I just laughed. I'm yet to meet any vast majority of younger people that are opposed to gay marriage.

It'll occur one day, that I'm sure. For all the homosexuals in loving relationships who miss out on the opportunity to marry, I feel for them.

@Lolsmith: You mentioned polygamy; you have the same view as me. Not my cup of tea, but it's very narrow-minded to outlaw it without reason.

Libertarianism will prevail. One day.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Marriage? No, it goes against my moral convictions. To everyone that says this is about equality, what you're missing is that marriage is discriminatory by its nature and purpose. Can six year old children get married? Can a brother and sister to each other? How about a man and a dog? Why not marriage between three people, or four?
Slippery slope fallacy

Pfortune35

HSC
Haha Point taken. It's a bad habit of mine, I'm trying to get rid of it.

It pretty clear you have a problem with the concept of divorce.
I'm not gonna make any assumptions about you life and your experiences with THis issue ill Just say this.

PEOPLE FUCKING CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Just because a women loves a man in 1981 doesn't mean she will love him in 2011.
People decide they want different things all the time, thats just life.

When Matty and Mindy got married Matty only drank on weekends with his mates and never came home too shitfaced and he didn't get violent.

10 years of working a job he hates, matty drinks alot more, almost every night now, sometimes mandy gets hurt. \

Should she have to stay in this abusive relationship.

NO

Its hard to know what the person your with will be like in 10 years, but thats just life.

As for gay marriage its already been said, its a relationship between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS, not any sort of beastial incestial thing.
And besides are any of your rights being taken away, are you losing anything. Don't think so

If your live your life how you want to live it, I live my life how I want to live it and everybody else lives their life how they want to live it and you dont fuck with me, I don't fuck with you and nobody fucks with anybody else, then we'll all be happy

RANK 1

HSC
i've never seen an actual use for marriage these days, other than for gold diggers to get money from rich people.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i've never seen an actual use for marriage these days, other than for gold diggers to get money from rich people.
How about... expression of love?

Like Filipino culture, I can tell you right now - the 'hierarchy' is you date them, and then after you date them a while, you marry them. That's a cultural thing.

To some people, it's the natural next step in a relationship. Here, we have de facto relationships and that's fine too - they're pretty much the same thing in the eyes of the law anyway. I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)