homosexuals (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
i believe homosexuality is wrong, and an encouragement of it would hence not be good for society

you'll disagree, lets agree to disagree
Whos beliefs? Yours or your Religions?

qawe

HSC
N/A
I think MP Penny Wong put it quite simply (paraphrasing). If this issue were regarding those of a different ethnicity, culture or gender there would be no difference of opinion; those who did oppose giving equal rights to the aforementioned groups would be branded racists and bigots.

I, personally, think the argument that marriage is an issue of equality has great merit and therefore play a large role in the argument
ppl opposed to homosexuality are branded bigots (unfairly, as homosexuality is a concept not a person)

i am not opposed to giving equal rights to homosexuals (the same rights everyone enjoy = civil union for gays, marriage for straights)
for the record im not homophobic, doing so is against my beliefs

AcidDrops

Banned
HSC
i believe homosexuality is wrong, and an encouragement of it would hence not be good for society

how could you oppose it? it has no impact on your life if same sex marriages are allowed.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
ppl opposed to homosexuality are branded bigots (unfairly, as homosexuality is a concept not a person)

i am not opposed to giving equal rights to homosexuals (the same rights everyone enjoy = civil union for gays, marriage for straights)
What are your beliefs?

Edit: What religion? You don't need to answer if you don't want to.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

what

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

In saying that, you're contradicting yourself straight away. A civil union =/= marriage and it pertains that different groups should be treated and handled in separate ways by the law and by society. This concept in itself does not propagate equality or equal rights.

qawe

HSC
N/A
I don't believe giving gays the right to marry will encourage homosexuality - it's not a trend that comes and goes. Giving gays the right to marry will lessen the disparity between homosexual and heterosexual rights in Australia.
this is naive. students at schools would then have to be told that you don't have to marry someone of opposite sex, thus both sexes will be on their mind, and in the event of even a slightest chemical imbalance, this will encourage homosexuality
it's better to encourage the tried and tested method, and support those who struggled (homophobia does not help, it perhaps is the reason we have this debate now)

qawe

HSC
N/A
What are your beliefs?

Edit: What religion? You don't need to answer if you don't want to.
christian (evident from other threads). it's just like any sin - u dont accept it (the action, not the person, who is always accepted), but u lovingly advise and support them

AcidDrops

Banned
HSC
christian (evident from other threads). it's just like any sin - u dont accept it (the action, not the person, who is always accepted), but u lovingly advise and support them
the bible doesnt specifically state it is wrong. there is no commandment pertaining to homsexuality.

u sound like one of those radical cults in the US.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
this is naive. students at schools would then have to be told that you don't have to marry someone of opposite sex, thus both sexes will be on their mind, and in the event of even a slightest chemical imbalance, this will encourage homosexuality
it's better to encourage the tried and tested method, and support those who struggled (homophobia does not help, it perhaps is the reason we have this debate now)
Okay. I simply see you're strongly against homosexuality in its entirety since you perceive it as a chemical imbalance. I don't see how you couldn't call yourself homophobic.

Edit: It's not like being homosexual has any social, economic or legal benefits!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Lol dude I'm also Christian and I'm pretty tolerant of everyone. Do onto others as you would like done onto yourself etc

qawe

HSC
N/A
In saying that, you're contradicting yourself straight away. A civil union =/= marriage and it pertains that different groups should be treated and handled in separate ways by the law and by society. This concept in itself does not propagate equality or equal rights.
i cant see anyting unequal about:

civil union = union of same sex
marriage = union of male and female

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Hmmm. Aren't the real christians/muslims/whateverelse the people who actually take their holy books literally? Just saying...

You guys just accept a form of doublethink.

qawe

HSC
N/A
Okay. I simply see you're strongly against homosexuality in its entirety since you perceive it as a chemical imbalance. I don't see how you couldn't call yourself homophobic.

Edit: It's not like being homosexual has any social, economic or legal benefits!
i would have thought that proponents of same sex marriage would use this as a point that "they cant control it" - i was trying to be less controversial!
however, im not a scientist, i may be wrong, it's not the reason im against homosexuality
if its a choice my same logic still applies
also, if its partially both

what do you think?

qawe

HSC
N/A
Hmmm. Aren't the real christians/muslims/whateverelse the people who actually take their holy books literally? Just saying...

You guys just accept a form of doublethink.
taken in context, with aid from reliable, traditional interpretations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)