homosexuals (1 Viewer)

qawe

HSC
N/A
Lol dude I'm also Christian and I'm pretty tolerant of everyone. Do onto others as you would like done onto yourself etc
i treat gays as i would treat anyone else - we are all sinners
i love them just as jesus loves them

however, tolerating sin is not biblical

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The reason I was opposed to you saying 'chemical imbalance' is because the word imbalance implies that the heterosexual chemical composition of the mind is the correct formulation - that's pretty narrow-minded of you.

I have no idea if a homosexual attraction involves chemical interactions different to those of a heterosexual attraction (I can't perceive them being different if they both pertain love, sex drive or courtship; they're all similar processes regardless of genders). How would explain an attraction to both genders, like myself?; hopefully another chemical imbalance.

I think this was meant to be focussed toward homosexual marriage equality, rather than a discussion of what constitutes a homosexual. Let's move back to that.

Edit: @qawe's above post - So by that logic, you'd ostracise heterosexual couples who engage in sexual intercourse or consumate their relationship before marriage. Or to a greater extent, ostracise those who participate in sin in any other manner.

qawe

HSC
N/A
the bible doesnt specifically state it is wrong. there is no commandment pertaining to homsexuality.

u sound like one of those radical cults in the US.
catholics, orthodox, and some anglicans all believe it is wrong (again nothing wrong with the ppl who do it)

Romans 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. "

Mark 10:6-7 "But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife"

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves... will inherit the Kingdom of God"

Lentern

HSC

Nor is judging you sanctimonious (person)

Last edited by a moderator:

qawe

HSC
N/A
The reason I was opposed to you saying 'chemical imbalance' is because the word imbalance implies that the heterosexual chemical composition of the mind is the correct formulation - that's pretty narrow-minded of you.

I have no idea if a homosexual attraction involves chemical interactions different to those of a heterosexual attraction (I can't perceive them being different if they both pertain love, sex drive or courtship; they're all similar processes regardless of genders). How would explain an attraction to both genders, like myself?; hopefully another chemical imbalance.

I think this was meant to be focussed toward homosexual marriage equality, rather than a discussion of what constitutes a homosexual. Let's move back to that.

Edit: @qawe's above post - So by that logic, you'd ostracise heterosexual couples who engage in sexual intercourse or consumate their relationship before marriage. Or to a greater extent, ostracise those who participate in sin in any other manner.
i dont ostracise anyone. we all commit sin

qawe

HSC
N/A
Nor is judging you sanctimonious piece of shit.
i can't believe ur putting that forward as an argument.

this is not judging, this is not compromising on one's beliefs

if judging meant that we cant say that this is right and that is wrong, then whats the point of even having these rules in the first place

Lentern

HSC

if judging meant that we cant say that this is right and that is wrong, then whats the point of even having these rules in the first place
For to govern your own life not others.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
And, what's your point. Any subsidies that mariied ppl get is given to gays. I am against government welfare, so all what i say is consistent,idiot.
Married people don't get fucking welfare shit but single mothers do! If marriages weren't recognised by the government every mother would be a single mother.

it's pretty obvious that children need someone of the same sex as them in order to guide them growing up (puberty etc)
No it's not. I have friends who have grown up with one of their parents being deceased and they are fine. Don't be so ignorant.

i believe homosexuality is wrong, and an encouragement of it would hence not be good for society

you'll disagree, lets agree to disagree
Still don't understand how the connotations will be negative, it will still have all the positive connotations it had before.
Also, it wouldn't encourage it, more people wouldn't be gay because marriage is legal, people are gay because they are, it's not a choice, if you think any differently you are clearly socially deprived.

are different from opposition

why is it so unfortunate for ppl to oppose something they don't believe is right?
Because it is an impedance on people's individual rights and freedom. It's none of your business and doesn't effect you at all.

I don't believe giving gays the right to marry will encourage homosexuality - it's not a trend that comes and goes. Giving gays the right to marry will lessen the disparity between homosexual and heterosexual rights in Australia.
This.

ppl opposed to homosexuality are branded bigots (unfairly, as homosexuality is a concept not a person)

i am not opposed to giving equal rights to homosexuals (the same rights everyone enjoy = civil union for gays, marriage for straights)
for the record im not homophobic, doing so is against my beliefs
Unfairly? Bahahahahahahaha! Get out.

That doesn't even make sense. Are you seriously that confused that you are contradicting yourself in one sentence?
You are completely homophobic, mate. Clearly.

i'm not going to support something i know is wrong
*believe
It's because of your religion, which isn't a matter of "knowing" it's a matter of "believing."

this is naive. students at schools would then have to be told that you don't have to marry someone of opposite sex, thus both sexes will be on their mind, and in the event of even a slightest chemical imbalance, this will encourage homosexuality
it's better to encourage the tried and tested method, and support those who struggled (homophobia does not help, it perhaps is the reason we have this debate now)
You understand nothing about homosexuality and heterosexuality and are probably very confused yourself and are probably a closet homo.
Also, "homophobia does not help" says the homophobic.

christian (evident from other threads). it's just like any sin - u dont accept it (the action, not the person, who is always accepted), but u lovingly advise and support them
Do you burn the hide of cows on your porch every Sunday for your God because he loves the smell?

i cant see anyting unequal about:

civil union = union of same sex
marriage = union of male and female
Bahahahahahahaha.Please stop. I almost pissed myself. Hahahahaha.

Hmmm. Aren't the real christians/muslims/whateverelse the people who actually take their holy books literally? Just saying...

You guys just accept a form of doublethink.
God is supposed to love everyone no matter what they do; unconditional love.
True Christian is supposed to love their neighbour as themselves; unconditional love.
Muslims can be as horrible as they want though, their religion is only tolerant of itself and its adherents.

i would have thought that proponents of same sex marriage would use this as a point that "they cant control it" - i was trying to be less controversial!
however, im not a scientist, i may be wrong, it's not the reason im against homosexuality
if its a choice my same logic still applies
also, if its partially both

what do you think?
People are born gay. People can show signs of homosexuality from when they are a toddler.
I know gay people who have told me they have known their whole life, as far as they remember.
Relevant:

Have you had sex? Just curious.

catholics, orthodox, and some anglicans all believe it is wrong (again nothing wrong with the ppl who do it)
You only think this because you are one of them. A homosexual would say their is nothing wrong with being homosexual, whereas you would disagree. See how that's stupid?
Also, relevant:
Women speak in the church reading the letters of the faithful, yet, 1 Corinthians 42 states "it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
So your entire religion is wrong and contradictory.
Just saying.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

You can say what is right and wrong for you, not for other people.
Learn to Christianity.

you'd be surprised. i've seen ppl justifying lying without looking at the next sentence!
Shhhhhhhh. This isn't even anything.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Please explain the context of: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Not really relevant but i also remember this being posted before. Props to the guy who posted it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Its better to argue with someone who knows their views are at odds with the majorities.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
that is a separate issue: i will not support something i know to be wrong. simple as that. lets agree to disagree.
Yes, but you're restricting other people from doing as they wish, which is you restricting their free will which "god has given them."
Learn to Christianity.

Lentern

HSC
that is a separate issue: i will not support something i know to be wrong. simple as that. lets agree to disagree.
know to be wrong? You're a fucking highschool student, you think you know with unequivocal certainty the correct interpretation of Christs scriptures?

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
No dude you're not doing it right.

The bible says we all sin "let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc". You're not supposed to judge people. Just worry about yourself.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
No dude you're not doing it right.

The bible says we all sin "let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc". You're not supposed to judge people. Just worry about yourself.
I was about to describe that as altruistic, until I understood it properly. It's better than hating on everyone for no apparent reason.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Also, relevant:
Women speak in the church reading the letters of the faithful, yet, 1 Corinthians 42 states "it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
So your entire religion is wrong and contradictory.
Just saying.
Tried looking it up - there is no 42nd chapter of Corinthians. What are you reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)