HSC
cappen said:
um telegraph......

how do douche's such as hoppa make it to the big leagues for sport
He is big, and can play football, he gut

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
but wouldnt this sorta behaviour be picked up earlier, hes had so many offenses in his career

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cappen said:
but wouldnt this sorta behaviour be picked up earlier, hes had so many offenses in his career
Yeah, but he could play football, most footy players dont need brains, i should know, i used to live near one

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
hahahah touche...which footy code is dumber

union or league (or AFL aka gay-FL)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cappen said:
hahahah touche...which footy code is dumber

union or league (or AFL aka gay-FL)
I dont know, probably union, i think gay-fl would require the highest intellect of all three

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i just been thinkin bout it myself and i reckon all sports has ppl who rnt fuckin retards, but they also have people who are (i dnt hink i need to give examples)

who did u used to live near

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cappen said:
i just been thinkin bout it myself and i reckon all sports has ppl who rnt fuckin retards, but they also have people who are (i dnt hink i need to give examples)

who did u used to live near
I cant say the name for privacy reasons, but he used to play for NZ and was Captain a while ago, he has also coached and assistant coached

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
so u still live near him then....would i kno the perosn if i heard the name or is he not like a bigg player

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cappen said:
so u still live near him then....would i kno the perosn if i heard the name or is he not like a bigg player
Well he is a well known player, if u know players back from a while ago, he has also been in ads, on the footy show and commentary.
And i recently moved this year, but lived near him till that time

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
o now i get ya...its late so im losin the plot quite significantly now

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cappen said:
o now i get ya...its late so im losin the plot quite significantly now
Yeah, im getting tired myself, ill probably call it a night soon

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
cappen said:

Name them.....

I don't think you'll find he has that many. But he does have a behavioural problem. I don't think you know he played state of origon. He was a damn good winger - perhaps you've never watched him play.

cappen said:
(or AFL aka gay-FL)
AFL is more popular in every state (barring nsw, which is slowly catching up) than League will ever be. 60% of Aussies have AFL as their favourite sport, even over cricket. Why call it gay?

ChrisE

HSC
AFL is alright if you just give it a chance, we shouldnt sink to the level of the vics and ignore any non AFL code.

which code is 'dumber' is an interesting question. if you count how many highly educated players that play union and compare them to league you get your answer right there if you mean which has the dumber players.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
afl

i dont know where you got that stats, but that doesnt seem rite. Firstly afl is a discrminating sport taller players are preferred similar to volleybal. A sure they have couple of short players but they are not focused upon.

I dont think AFL will overtake popularity of league or cricket, becuase it is not really an international (only scotland plays gaelic footbal). so, but it is not gay, just a sport for lanky dudes.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
why would afl want hoppawatae
1. he is a disgrace to ANY game
2. He will bring the game into disrepute
3. I dont think he knows how to play AFL

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
methinks hoppawatae will have bad connotations for a long time
some people even use the word hoppowatae as a synonoym for fingering a guys ass and being gay lets hope it doesnt get added into the dictionary!

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
HotShot said:
Firstly afl is a discrminating sport taller players are preferred similar to volleybal. A sure they have couple of short players but they are not focused upon.
Taller players are preferred - but only in specific positions (key forward/back/ruck). Players of any stature are ideal for positions such as midfield, flank and roving. The only discriminating factor lies in the necessity for fitness and ball skills. Don't tell me League isn't discriminating in its need for bulky, 95kg+ bodies for most positions.

HotShot said:
I dont think AFL will overtake popularity of league or cricket, becuase it is not really an international (only scotland plays gaelic footbal). so, but it is not gay, just a sport for lanky dudes.
*laughs*
AFL is nationally already more popular than League or union (not cricket), and has always been. League is by far the popular sport in NSW, but AFL has the crown for every other state.
The catch 22 is that League is an international sport, and is played in many countries, with a World Cup. Union is similar, and even more popular. AFL is only affiliated to the gaelic region and some parts of the USA.

But on to the Hopoate topic:
Phil Gould in the Sun Herald said:
The media coverage of the John Hopoate incident has been a disgrace. Quite deliberately, it was designed to influence the game's judicial processes. Such media action also places tremendous pressure on clubs that are very sensitive to how sponsors view adverse publicity. Suddenly everyone wants no part in the player involved.
Hopoate is a father of eight children. He has played football for his state and his country. That is a lot more than the would-be-if-they-could-be journalists who take great pleasure in sledging him behind the safety of their computers.
Every footballer knows what really happened in that tackle. John's intention was to race up and put a big shoulder charge on his opponent. Sometimes self-preservation kicks in and before you know it, you endanger others.
When you've copped a few elbows and head clashes while attempting shoulder charges, you will know what i'm talking about. The tackle went horribly wrong and it looked bad. No excuses, but these things happen.
Before Hopoate had got to the showers the media had decided his career was over. They got what they wanted, and not for the first time. But is that how the system should work?
I agree wholeheartedly to Gould's comment, and it saddens me that so many people, including most members of this forum, could throw themselves onto this bandwagon.

Happy Easter everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)