How accepting do you think Sydney schools are of homosexuality? (1 Viewer)

How open and accepting is your school in discussing homosexuality?

• Extremely; it's not even an issue, as no one discriminates and everyone is open

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Mostly; there may be certain groups who oppose it, but on the whole it's not a taboo topic

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Somewhat; the teachers/students will discuss it, but they try and avoid/discourage the topic if poss

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Not at all; homosexuality is taboo and/or a subject of overall hatred in my school

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
My school would probably dismiss your enrolment if you were gay. It's a Catholic school :p
So i assume they ask which way you like it on your application form?

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
their were alot of homo teachers in my old school i think were all gay...2 very openly homosexual men in the arts department..one music teacher who i suspected was gay....and one female arts teacher with excessive an level of testosterone and a voice which sounds like a tuba...actually she was probably not a lesbian..but its hard to think that way when the other two teachers in her department were homo

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by neo_o
So i assume they ask which way you like it on your application form?
Well they ask you if your aboriginal on just about everything so why not?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
Well they ask you if your aboriginal on just about everything so why not?
But they also dont ask your religion on every form :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm in cafs gays/lesbians are a group that we study in our topic groups in context.. so its not like they can completely block out the issue but people dont just go up to teachers and have a conversation about it.. all girls catholic school

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I'm at a Catholic school, and I find a lot of people are intolerant. Many people still find the concept of homosexuality funny, and are quick to laugh at anything remotely 'gay'. And the fact that our religion teacher last year gave us the "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" line didn't help.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i go to a girls catholic school and we haven't really been taught that what is considered 'right' or 'wrong' by the catholic church or whatever. there are a few girls in my year who are openly bi, a few girls who have experimented and a few girls who are just like 'omg lesbians!! roflz!!'. i don't think there are any actual lesbians though, in my year. maybe i just don't know about it?

we do have one teacher who thinks whenever two girls even hug, they must be lesbians, and she says that to them in the past but she's been in trouble for doing it.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
i ...a few girls who have experimented and a few girls who are just like 'omg lesbians!! roflz!!'. i don't think there are any actual lesbians though, in my year. maybe i just don't know about it?
yeah.... i dont know if anyone at my school was gay... there were always a lot of 'gay' jokes (e.g. "So you're wearing a tight pink shirt WITHOUT a reason, X?") but i dont know what wouldve happened if someone was actually gay. our grade probably wouldve been alright with it though in general.

gaybasher

Banned
there shoudlnt be any gays in scoool.,............if your gay you should be in the closet till ur 18......

packing the fudge is for adults not kids.

if your a young queer, try and get with some chicks and convert to str8 while your younger,,,,, try and fight the disease before it takes hold.

I dont mind gays btw .....just as long as i dont see gay acts.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
yeah.... i dont know if anyone at my school was gay... there were always a lot of 'gay' jokes (e.g. "So you're wearing a tight pink shirt WITHOUT a reason, X?") but i dont know what wouldve happened if someone was actually gay. our grade probably wouldve been alright with it though in general.
we were sure we had at least one.....

meh. they can do what they want, just dont involve me in it.

gaybasher

Banned
hey assylem we sort of agrreeed on something im so impressed :) that proves you are not totally stupid well done

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by gaybasher
if your a young queer, try and get with some chicks and convert to str8 while your younger,,,,, try and fight the disease before it takes hold.

Geez you look like a well-educated young adult. At least SKA tried to have reasons.

gaybasher

Banned
xayma why are you such an advocate of gaynesss xayma?

can i ask you a personal question??? when did you come out of the closet?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
there shoudlnt be any gays in scoool.,............if your gay you should be in the closet till ur 18......

I swear, looking at the quoted post, not the content, only the way it's written, doesn't anyone want to impale gaybasher's face on a cricket bat? I mean, that doesn't even constitute as Engrish. I believe the correct word is stupid. You can't spell words with numbers, mate. Also, this is the Internet, not a mobile phone, you have more room to type messages, no need to use that fucked up form of language. Plus, there's only ever one comma, you may mean a series of dots, instead of a comma, in that case, there are only three... :)

Now, looking at his post, we can tell somebody's a member of the tolerant club, can't we?

Looking at this one, neglecting the use of multiple question marks, I find it amusing that the second one person decides to have an opinion different to that of yours, you make assumptions. Whether or not Xayma is gay, and if so, when he came out, is none of your business. Asking it, even if you've stated that you'll ask a personal question is rude. Even ruder than me pointing out your stupidity.

As for my school, the issue wasn't touched at all, and I assume it still isn't. However, we did focus on social justice. Quite a bit, actually. So probably, few of us would be unaccepting, and even fewer would be intolerant.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
I swear, looking at the quoted post, not the content, only the way it's written, doesn't anyone want to impale gaybasher's face on a cricket bat? I mean, that doesn't even constitute as Engrish. I believe the correct word is stupid. You can't spell words with numbers, mate. Also, this is the Internet, not a mobile phone, you have more room to type messages, no need to use that fucked up form of language. Plus, there's only ever one comma, you may mean a series of dots, instead of a comma, in that case, there are only three... :)

Now, looking at his post, we can tell somebody's a member of the tolerant club, can't we?
Is being critical of other people's typing/spelling etc the only way that you can try to win arguments? Even gaybasher's response is more intelligent then yours (and that's saying something) because presumably what he says contributes (the post you are you critical of because of his spelling anyway) to this discussion.

This isn't an english class, it's the internet, so stfu moron. If you want to flame the guy, it isn't hard, but do it in a way that actually contributes to the discussion instead of attacking his spelling.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Is being critical of other people's typing/spelling etc the only way that you can try to win arguments? Even gaybasher's response is more intelligent then yours (and that's saying something) because presumably what he says contributes (the post you are you critical of because of his spelling anyway) to this discussion.

This isn't an english class, it's the internet, so stfu moron. If you want to flame the guy, it isn't hard, but do it in a way that actually contributes to the discussion instead of attacking his spelling.

yes, intelligent arguments galore

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
-----

------
Most gay people are in the closet a lot longer than 18.. thats what happens when you are surrounded by ignorant idiots.

Homosexuality is not a disease, and im sure many 'young queer' lesbians would love to get with some chicks...

'gay acts'? Oh you mean them being openly affectionate, well i don't see why they shouldnt be they have the same right as everyone else. GuyxGirl can kiss and fondle in public and nothing happens, no reason by GuyxGuy or GirlxGirl shouldn't be able to. Tho alot of homosexual people do tend to keep it private, because once again, of ignorant idiots who'd stand there and stare or call names.

As for how schools accept homosexual students, i can name 10 students in my school who were openly homosexual. And there were never any problems.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC

I don't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm helping him with his English. Why? I am so sick and tired of seeing fucktards like him, and you, use the Internet and decide that all rules of English are void. It's people like this who write out reports/essays that are too hard to understand. People like this who spend time struggling with said reports/essasys. Why? Because they don't understand how to do it.

I'm aware this is the Internet. Which is why I don't understand the purpose of writing so stupidly. We are given ample space to give structured responses, why people don't take advantage of this is beyond me, and unless I've gone through a warp into another reality, English hasn't been contracted to the language of SMS messages. Use English, not stupid.

Also, as for my unintelligent response, the first part was just a tag question. No argument, just a simple, ordinary tag question. The second one was simply a reminder to let gaybasher know that he should mind his own business. :)

Also, by the way, should you not like my posts. All users have the ability to ignore other users. If you don't like my posts, then I suggest you use it.

I'll put that last sentence in stupid for you: omgwtfbbqroflcopter, dun liek mi respns den ignr mi lolz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)