How accepting do you think Sydney schools are of homosexuality? (1 Viewer)

How open and accepting is your school in discussing homosexuality?

• Extremely; it's not even an issue, as no one discriminates and everyone is open

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Mostly; there may be certain groups who oppose it, but on the whole it's not a taboo topic

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Somewhat; the teachers/students will discuss it, but they try and avoid/discourage the topic if poss

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Not at all; homosexuality is taboo and/or a subject of overall hatred in my school

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters
yeah eviltama im sure you can name all the gays at your scoool that wouldnt surpise me at alll

i bet you have their phone numbers as well.

but seriously what sort of scoool has 10 gays in it.....did you go to scoool on oxford street?
a normal scool might have one or 2 token queers..

Atleast that gives us some insight into why you turned out how you did.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ihatecensorship
but seriously what sort of scoool has 10 gays in it.....did you go to scoool on oxford street?

First point, before you are banned again, eviltama said that (s)he knew of 10 students who were openly homosexual, not gay, gay indicates male homosexual.

Second, eviltama never stated that they were "token queers".

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
yeah eviltama im sure you can name all the gays at your scoool that wouldnt surpise me at alll

i bet you have their phone numbers as well.
Fat chance i have their numbers, but if you're that desperate i could look them up in the phone directory for you.

No, not Oxford street... think Western Sydney. We had our share of token queers, and bisexuals who wanted to pass themselves off at full on lesbians. But i meant what i said, i can name 10 homosexuals from my school.. most of which were in my grade.

As for how i turned out, i can't say i turned out too badly.

sorry, look guys its just fun and games lets not take it tooo heart ?
Well not that it counts for much, but a serious issue should be discussed seriously. We're not talking about something trivial, or even laughable here. The issue of how well homosexuality is accepted in schools is a valid and important issue and should be treated as such. Fun and games, taunting and ridicule have their places, and this is not the place for such things.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Guys, gaybasher isn't a real person.
Do you get mad when the cartoons on TV say things?
ROFL

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Guys, gaybasher isn't a real person.
Do you get mad when the cartoons on TV say things?
Well a real person had to make the response... use the computer, type on the keyboard. And since this is the internet and all things must be taken with a grain of salt, i think regardless of ur analogy to getting mad at cartoons unlike cartoon characters who say what a script wants them to say real people on the internet have real opinions, and say very real.. and sometimes very hurtful things. Which some people do take to heart. Not everyone uses the internet as their personal way to get back at society, or even as where its all great and good to go and have a laugh at someone elses expense.

Some people actually like to use the internet as a sounding board for their own opinions and feelings, and they have the right to do so and to have their opinions and feelings respected. Not everyone is an ass.

eviltama, you take time to reply and your ideas are well thought out.

honestly i dont mean to offend anyone in a serious way i just say whatever comes to my head but i dont actually want to upset people, ive seeen some really cruel things said on here that i wouldnt even say, most people can see i just talk shit, although on a lot of issies i am very very serious. For the most part i assume the audience has a certain level of intelligence and is able to differentiate between me being serious and me acting like a jack arse.

malkin86

HSC
the difference between a person being serious and a person acting like a jack arse is the tone of voice - something which the internet doesn't have.

If you want to make sure that what you say is taken lightheartedly, how about a smilie or two? ;)

Originally posted by eviltama
Well a real person had to make the response... use the computer, type on the keyboard. And since this is the internet and all things must be taken with a grain of salt, i think regardless of ur analogy to getting mad at cartoons unlike cartoon characters who say what a script wants them to say real people on the internet have real opinions, and say very real.. and sometimes very hurtful things. Which some people do take to heart. Not everyone uses the internet as their personal way to get back at society, or even as where its all great and good to go and have a laugh at someone elses expense.

Some people actually like to use the internet as a sounding board for their own opinions and feelings, and they have the right to do so and to have their opinions and feelings respected. Not everyone is an ass.
Wooooooooooooo
Hellooooooooo, MR Serious

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Dubya, she's a ~PhEeeMaLe~ etc

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Any female who's avatar features two large springy breasts just isn't that female.
Any teenager who's avatar contains a well past middle-aged man just isn't that sane.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Any female who's avatar features two large springy breasts just isn't that female.
'just isnt that female'?? what does my av have to do with my gender? I could have an animal there for all it mattered would that mean that i'm just not human?
go figure.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Any teenager who's avatar contains a well past middle-aged man just isn't that sane.
his nick + that av = insanity central.
either that or hes very deluded as to who and what George W Bush is...

his nick + that av = insanity central.
either that or hes very deluded as to who and what George W Bush is...
No, I'm just riding the bandwagon far past it's due date.

'just isnt that female'?? what does my av have to do with my gender? I could have an animal there for all it mattered would that mean that i'm just not human?
go figure.
PS: you don't have to argue everything you know

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
PS: you don't have to argue everything you know
Then you need to admit, what you said can be taken in offence. I think I would do the same thing should I be in eviltama's position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)