How did everyones first week go??? (1 Viewer)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I have used one note for all my work for the past two years and quite frankly think it's silly to go backwards using books again. I think being able to search, edit and back up my work is a massive advantage and although I'd probably use paper to study and revise, having all my coursework neatly organised on my laptop will relieve stress and it takes up less room then a binder. I think it's just a case of trial and error to try and work out what works best for me.
Thanks for your advice guys!

Also, how do you make signatures on posts?
Settings, top right corner

Ally2014

HSC
Thank you! All sorted now! Excuse my stupid questions! I'm new! Is it just me or does the layout of this website remind you of like 2002 or something? Also, is there any way to know when people have replied to you on a thread or do you just have to go back and check?

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Thank you! All sorted now! Excuse my stupid questions! I'm new! Is it just me or does the layout of this website remind you of like 2002 or something? Also, is there any way to know when people have replied to you on a thread or do you just have to go back and check?
You go back and check or you can subscribe to a thread i think.

@enoil, will a chit chat thread be made for 2014ers soon?

enoilgam

HSC
Also, is there any way to know when people have replied to you on a thread or do you just have to go back and check?
Well, you can subscribe to a thread you have posted in. Alternatively, what most people would do is clck your post count on the homepage and see if there are any new posts in threads which you have posted in.

@enoil, will a chit chat thread be made for 2014ers?
I will try and make one tonight.

Verify

HSC
To answer your second question: Not sure if this is the fastest way to go but I on the boredofstudies homescreen under User Profile on the right I click on "posts" to see if anyone else has posted on whatever thread I posted on before.
Edit: Too late, already been answered :D

Last edited:

AsianFrustratio

4ubiochemphysbrah
HSC
My first week was actually pretty good. All my teachers are pretty great, something I was actually pretty worried about. I'm still trying to get into a nice study rhythm since I never studied during the last 11 years (still managed Dux haha) but I'm actually confident with this year. Also, studying the subjects that you actually want and what you're passionate about actually makes me want to go to school. I hated doing those piss-boring subjects like Geography and History (except I still have English and RE but my teachers for both are amazingly funny as hell).

Also, I just realised that I say 'actually' a lot :L

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
My first week of year 11 has been okay with not much homework except for maths :O which we got quite a lot for ...

Not a fan of my English teacher whose relatively new to teaching I think...

iEatOysters

HSC
My first week was alright, I guess. Not much homework has been allocated, as of yet, and all my teachers are pretty decent.
I regret putting down 14 units. They won't let me move back online, because I apparently live too close to school. T_T

ebbygoo

HSC
Did nothing except maths. In maths tho, 2 exercises in 45 mins lol. Same maths teacher since yr 7- we're all pretty used to it :p

mac1996

HSC
LOL, trust me guys, everything is going to change
y11 was one of my worst years
my advice is, know ur shit because it will help you in y12, but no need to go hard out
id recommend 4hrs a day of study MAX
including at least 1.5hrs of maths everyday because 30% of prelim for maths is in ur hsc

Last edited:

kev-kun

HSC
First few days were awesome. All my teachers are good (dunno about SDD yet). But hw is stacking up, especially math.

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
My first week was good, didnt have a lot of homework so that was good also.
A lot of my teachers i've had before and i like which is good. The only downside is that with half of my subjects i don't have anyone that i really know/ talk to in my year group. So i mainly just sit by myself in those classes, on my own desk...which is kinda sad. Has this happened to anyone else in this thread? If so any advice?

Abbyskies

HSC
N/A
First week was so draining, I just want it to be the end of school already. I'm in the same boat a lot of my subjects are with people that I don't really talk to and I've only spoken with once or twice, so for a majority of my classes I sit on my own desk too. But it doesn't bother me to much cos I got pretty lucky cos I got all the subjects I wanted, especially with the annoying lines thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)