How do we pronounce ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Clifford

HSC
So, it's changed and whatnot, but after all the reeling, is there really a difference? Not really. The main question on my mind is how do we pronounce it? A.T.A.R sounds kind of exhausting, though this may be due to it being unfamiliar. OR, the more fun and already implemented in my mind position of 'Argh-Tar'

'What's your ARGH TAR!'
Kind of like SPARTA!
Or TARTAR!
Either way, it's more fun to yell.

Opinions?

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
So, it's changed and whatnot, but after all the reeling, is there really a difference? Not really. The main question on my mind is how do we pronounce it? A.T.A.R sounds kind of exhausting, though this may be due to it being unfamiliar. OR, the more fun and already implemented in my mind position of 'Argh-Tar'

'What's your ARGH TAR!'
Kind of like SPARTA!
Or TARTAR!
Either way, it's more fun to yell.

Opinions?
or what about A - TAR?

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Well, they've increased the number of letters in the acronym but shortened the length of the word. I guess that could be good.

What I find interesting is that NSW is the only State that said someone was better than 100% of their cohort in the UAI. I like the fact that 99.95 is the highest you can get now, because if 10 people get 100 then they can't all be better than 100% of their cohort because they're not better than each other.

AND the lowest you can get is 36. So, that bumps all the numbers UP. That can only look good. Hey? There's a nice little comparison table pdf on the UAC website.

It's about time they standardised across the country, although I notice Queensland is not coming on board. Typical HAHAHAHA:p Daylight saving and now ATAR.

The Uni Admissions lot were calling is AH-TAR on the radio this morning, BTW.

Oh, and just wanted to saw hi to a fellow Ravenclaw! I am a proud Ravenclaw.

Last edited:

Clifford

HSC
Crummy compromise between the two? A - Tar like Gaydar? Rhyming slang is going nutzso here.

kawaiinlove

HSC
my teacher told me that thing isnt coming in til about 2011

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ayy-tar?

@kawaiinlove: it's coming in from today!

as in hsc class of 2009+

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I pronounced it Ay-tar. :p
Though, I have no idea, I was purely guessing.

jules.09

HSC
Well I s'pose if we miss 'U - A - I', we can have 'A - T - AR'?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I just say At-Tar. At as in "Look at that", Tar as in "Holy crap, its tar". Everyone in my school does the same. Therefore, you must do the same. Otherwise you will look like a retard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)