How do we pronounce ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Nanasaurus

HSC
ooh. I'm torn. I love argh-tar and a-tard
zomg- the ultimate- 'argh-tard'?

Clifford

HSC
'Argh-Tard' brilliant! You're awesome, and pretty much my alter ego, extension 2, Terry Pratchett, impressive Australian Tertiary Admission Rank pronounciations. Do you have red hair? Do you live under my bed?

Whoa.

Don't be afraid, twin, we will combine our powers and get an 100 Argh-Tard.

Nanasaurus

HSC
'Argh-Tard' brilliant! You're awesome, and pretty much my alter ego, extension 2, Terry Pratchett, impressive Australian Tertiary Admission Rank pronounciations. Do you have red hair? Do you live under my bed?

Whoa.

Don't be afraid, twin, we will combine our powers and get an 100 Argh-Tard.

...I'm a brunette. and I'm pretty sure that I live under MY bed.
unless you have a whole earth-ful of microscopic beings under your bed. Like the locker thing in MIB. freaky. let's not go there.

...and you can't GET a 100 argh-tard! that's the point! lol-cakeage.

Clifford

HSC
It was mad Argh-Tard irony buddo. Alas, alack. But wait, you 'LIVE UNDER YOUR BED?' that's taking humility to a new level, possibly unnessarily so. Regardless, I think you are now the prime Argh-Tard, as you live under your bed. I mean, that has to be worth some bonus points, right?
Jks. But serious. More serious than jks. You know, don't be intimidated, but seriously, I'm not jks. Lolz. What?

blondy269

HSC
I say it as aytar because it's the first pronunciation that came to mind when I first read it. I think A-T-A-R sounds crap, but A-T-AR would be alright.

To be honest I don't understand this "Argh-tar" that some people are going on about...

Remember when the APEC summit was on? That was pronounced 'aypec' not 'ahpec', and ATAR, as an acronym, is fairly similar to APEC, so aytar sounds right to me.

UACInfo

Universities Admissions Centre, www.uac.edu.au
HSC
N/A
We're pronouncing it Aytar.

Nanasaurus

HSC
It was mad Argh-Tard irony buddo. Alas, alack. But wait, you 'LIVE UNDER YOUR BED?' that's taking humility to a new level, possibly unnessarily so. Regardless, I think you are now the prime Argh-Tard, as you live under your bed. I mean, that has to be worth some bonus points, right?
Jks. But serious. More serious than jks. You know, don't be intimidated, but seriously, I'm not jks. Lolz. What?
ah. irony. kind of ironic that the ironic irony was lost on ironic little me, yus? no. maybe.

prime argh-tard for living under my bed?
given that the reason I live under my bed is that I've never 'dropped' the habit of regularly falling out of bed (heehee- puns are jesus incarnate), I think that yes- I may just be prime argh-tard.

btw, red-headed friend is sitting next to me telling me that she has red hair and lives under my bed. perhaps twinnage was mistaken? or perhaps merely twinnage by proxy.

now said redheaded friend is becoming territorial. Be warned. she bites. not really. germophobia.
obviously can't actually be existing under my bed. there really is all kinds of alien life forms.

Clifford

HSC
Creepy co-incidences piling up. Not only did you reference (I think, nay, I hope) Malcom in the Middle, but, wait, tangent lost. Malcom in the Middle, with the 'yes, no, maybe, I don't know, can you repeat the questions, YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS...' so on. That's a major connection firstly.

That is then COMPOUNDED by the fact you fall out of your bed! So do I! When I was a kid, I had bunkbeds, and I fell off the top, split my head open, and didn't wake. Amazing. I have concerns about how this will impact on my future married life etc, but, not getting ahead of ourselves here, that wouldn't be an issue AT ALL. In fact, we could just coat the whole floor with doonas and blankets and those awesome 'U' pillows. It'd be amazing.
Biting... gulp.

ATAR ATAR ATAR, RELEVENCE? YAH, YAH.

sm92

HSC
Reminds me of dirty roads and dusty construction workers.

They could have thought of a nicer name.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
to all the people sayin 'ah-tar' ... You mean like 'AH-tar' or 'ah-TAR' ?? if that makes sense =.=
i was saying AYtar all day and it sounds super retarded. though the A-T-AR thing sounds better than AYtar, more like UAI...
I'm still calling it a UAI too though..
Oo I like that.. A-T-AR

meh, they shouldve just made it TER or TAR... we're all in australia, having 'australia' in the name aint gonna make a big difference...

jchoi

HSC
I standby 'Argh-tard'. It's ironic how people who do well will get mad Argh-tard levels/points.
hehe.

Ay-tar sounds really normal. That's not good enough. "What's your Ay-tar?" or "What Argh-tard did you score?"

AusTAR doesn't sound half bad, but it's to ordinary. By the way, pronouncing it A-R would be a much easier way, since we all know that if we're given it,
1. we're in australia
2. you're hoping to get into tertiary education (or just felt like challenging yourself)

Nanasaurus

HSC
Creepy co-incidences piling up. Not only did you reference (I think, nay, I hope) Malcom in the Middle, but, wait, tangent lost. Malcom in the Middle, with the 'yes, no, maybe, I don't know, can you repeat the questions, YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS...' so on. That's a major connection firstly.

That is then COMPOUNDED by the fact you fall out of your bed! So do I! When I was a kid, I had bunkbeds, and I fell off the top, split my head open, and didn't wake. Amazing. I have concerns about how this will impact on my future married life etc, but, not getting ahead of ourselves here, that wouldn't be an issue AT ALL. In fact, we could just coat the whole floor with doonas and blankets and those awesome 'U' pillows. It'd be amazing.
Biting... gulp.

ATAR ATAR ATAR, RELEVENCE? YAH, YAH.
hey, I did too. Not on purpose. I wasn't allowed to watch Malcolm in the Middle when it first came on. :( But I know what you mean. i used to watch it covertly while pretending to watch some other channel in a different room. Other kids had to smuggle ice cream. I had to smuggle trashy television watching. and ice cream. anything unhealthy. I led a deprived pre-pubescent period.

I NEVER wake up when I fall out of bed. Am convinced that there is some sort of bain damage happening. Possibly will effect Argh-tard outcomes? Who knows?

And as for your marriage life- well, you could have a padded room as your bedroom and do it Revenge of the Nerds style. then reveal yourself to be not the lady's husband, but Darth Vader. Or malcolm, for that matter.

But I digress.

Ahem. Yes. Am thoroughly pleased to have an Argh-tard supporter. And the other one. Nyus.

I now have the Malcolm in the Middle theme song in my brain- spinning and circling and screaming YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOOOWWWWW!

jchoi

HSC
haha, funni~.

Cliffy, run! She'll eat you.

haha, I'm going off tangents as well, but one time i couldn't come to school because I rolled off my bed, and under it. When I woke up in the morning, I hit my head on the wooden frame of the bed, got knocked out (concussed). And it appears that 2 hours later, my mum happened to vacuum the floors, and under my bed (?) and she found me lying there with a lump on my head.

Hahaha, What do I need? A helmet? Doonas and blankets is much better than helmets. hahhaa.

and you arghtards got that song in my head too! "you're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big~~~~"

UNSW !!
HSC
Aye Tee Aye Are (ATAR)
Just like we always said You Aye Eye (UAI)
It used to be Tee Eee Are (TER)

I don't know, that was my first reaction...

:headbang:

Last edited:

jules.09

HSC
Haha. Gradual conversion to A-T-AR!

But yeah, UAI just so happens to slip off the tongue even now. :)

Clifford

HSC
Well look how this whole thread has developed, with the accumulated Malcom in the Middle theme songs stuck in everyone's head, it seems we've all lost some Argh-Tar points. By the way, ARGH TAR STAYS, forever and ever amen, otherwise, like the Ruse bebies with their hundred, all my motivation will be lost.

But my bed buddy, (not you, Choi) what library do you frequent, we shall meet up and have a John and Yoko-esque bed in. Unless I find out you're actually a 4 foot, bearded man with 7 kids...

Although that could be fun too.

NOTE: Creepy internet personal interest request not serious, do not respond unless you're a massive argh-tard. That's not to say respond if you are an argh-tard, but rather you're an argh-tard if you respond. I hope that's clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)