How far would you be willing to travel to see your love? (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
um it would depend how into them i was.

obviously if we were dating i would like them alot. so maybe further than i can imagine. but im so unromantic right now and im going to say not very far. they'd have to live in sydney but like.. under 30 mins. or willing to drive :eek::eek:

:Lisa:

HSC
My boyfriend is currently working in melbourne atm so i flew down to see him the other weekend.
Even when he is in sydney he is a 30 min drive away or 1 and half hours away by public transport.
But in my opinion distance makes the heart grow fonder :eek:

dodgyfilokid

HSC
my gf currently lives around 40mins away by car and shes in glenhaven...if i take public transpo..we're talking bout 2hours to her place but when we do meet we just meet up at the towers..much easier for both us although next year when i move out she reckons she'll have to stay with me....by then distance disappears

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
dodgyfilokid said:
my gf currently lives around 40mins away by car and shes in glenhaven...if i take public transpo..we're talking bout 2hours to her place but when we do meet we just meet up at the towers..much easier for both us although next year when i move out she reckons she'll have to stay with me....by then distance disappears
yeh i live glenhaven way, my girl lives in Hursty.

45mins down Homebush Bay Dr and King Georges Road...i drive about 2 times a week, otherwise we meet at uni...she travels 2 hours public transport :p

Rhodes is probably the median between us...but Rhodes is shit :p

Redgoddess

HSC
Mm, i dunno, i'd probably drive up to 2 hours to see em. If they were somewhere which required flying (i.e. - another state, another country) then i guess it'd depend on a bunch of stuff as to whether we'd stay together, like how long we'd been together already, how long we were going to continue to live apart at that distance and stuff like that. if there seemed like there was no possibility of us living within a reasonable distance any time soon (say about 6 months to a year) then i think i'd have to end it. i couldnt deal with being in a relationship and not being able to see them regularly, with no prospect of it changing. that said i'm gonna go live in france for a year in a few years, so if i'm in a relationship then i dont know what'll happen. i guess all of it's hypothetical unless you're actually in that situation, you dont know what you'd do until it happens to you. *shrugs* my parents are split and my dad lives an hour's drive away and i go to see him once or twice a week, so travel isnt something i really have a problem with. if they're within driving distance i'd stay with them and try to make it work, but yeah...

nathzpiggie

HSC
my boy woke up at 6.30, and rode his bike to his ex girlfriend's place to see her coz she chucked a moodie at him the night before and hung up on him... his bike stuffed half way and he walked the rest of the way... took him 2 hours to get to her, only to find out she was upset coz she missed her ex. he was gunna catch a bus to her, but decided otherwise coz it was more sincere that way. he rode his bike back home.

through the rain.

sounds corny but i think that's pretty awesome....... any guy who did that for me would make my heart melt.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Before i moved to sydney to live with my boy we lived 3 and a half hours taking turns to see each other, after about a month we moved in together and despite ppl saying that we wouldnt last we have been together now for almost a year and still going very strong. To be quite honest we would not trade what we have now for the world!!! :)

テリー

HSC
sugaryblue said:
like would you still go ahead with the relationship or living up to the expectation even though that there are literally thousands of kilometres between you two?

Would you fly all the way to see him/her?
Really depends,
if its some1 im deeeeply in love with (neva happned to me, well.. yet), yes i wud, if its jst some one that can b replaced easily.. y not move on?

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
goulburn gaol is far for me to travel all the time, so i try to make a once a month visit + to top up his acccount.

RiCkiE

HSC
Im going to take my answer from the Gospel of...Scrubs.

I think it's better for couples to take a break from each other and know that if their relationship really is that strong, they'll find a way back to each other. Unless you're getting really really serious with each other...then it's kinda complicated. I guess i'd fly over to wherever she was going.

princy

HSC
My boyfriend is leaving for a years exchange to Canada at the end of January. He is in year 12 now, I'm in year 11. I am not too fazed about him leaving now, if it works out it works out, we will see what happens when he gets back, we have been together for 16 months and hey, maybe a break will make the relationship stronger, who knows?

But I will be flying to America/Canada to spend a month there as my schoolies trip, so yes, I would fly across the world to see him.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
No more than a half an hour drive.

If you both do something in common which means you see each other on a regular bases, then it's different (eg. Uni), but if you don't, and are living more than a half an hour drive, give up.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
failed long-distance relationship hey Egronk?

I go to Sydney, but im a full-time uni student n my bf has a fulltime job, usually includes workin on a saturday, so its hard, but its worth it

EDIT: I live in Newcastle

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
hmm.. yeah we usually meet in the city, so i dunno, 30min walk?

Could probably travel/go longer but haven't really tested it out yet.

fijitalia

HSC
mm my boyfriend is going on gap to england for a year. we're both in year 12 and going out for over a year. but then i was accepted to do a gap as well in england. only thing is, it's still 6 hours away from eachother. this is pretty bad, but better than being in two different countries. look if you're strong, and you love eachother enough to want to keep it going no matter what, then of course it will. :)

upright

HSC
N/A
I don't have a fancy car, to get to you I'd walk a thousand miles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)